Upgrading to Legend/NSX 2pot calipers

Old 06-03-2007, 08:27 AM

Upgrading to Legend/NSX 2pot calipers

I know a Civic/Integra/Accord/Prelude owners do this alot because it's an easy brake upgrade, but have any Stewwie owners looked in to swapping calipers to those from a 92+ Legend or 91+ NSX (2 piston VS our stock 1-piston)?

I know that all Hondas have the same front caliper bracket bolt spacing, but am unsure about whether or not those calipers are the right size, and how much shimming would be required to get them to sit properly around the rotor, ya know?

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Kalm_Traveler; 01-06-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:08 PM

good golly I was about to repost this same question haha.... ok well:

BUMP

Been thinking about this again because n old friend has a 97 3.2TL who's front brakes appear to be the same size as Stewwie's and from readin up on some Acura TL forums it appears the 2-door versions of it's predecessor (Legend) came with 2-pot calipers for more even braking force across the pads.

Now... I can get some o' these calipers for a good price but before jumpin into the unknown I'd like to get any input you fellows can offer
Old 02-27-2008, 06:54 AM

I have a set of ITR calipers for my CRX (same as 92+ Legend calipers, except you can't use the e-brake with the rears on the Legends) and it takes whole new knuckles to get them on there.

For most of the 92+ cars, it takes some shimming from the bracket to get everything to line up. I know you'd rather know before purchasing them, but if the bolt spacing is the same then you should be able to make them work. If you place the s2k caliper and 2-pot nsx/legend caliper next to each other, you should be able to see how much needs to be shimmed off (if any).

As much as I'm not a fan of Honda-Tech and its members, you might be able to find some information there.