Fortune Auto 500 series

Old 04-08-2012, 10:00 AM
official newb

Fortune Auto 500 series

Thought I should post about my suspension since I installed it yesterday.

I spent plenty of time reading reviews as many of us have done to try and decide what will work for our budget and taste. I decided on the fortune auto 500 series with the recommended spring rates of 9k f/r. It took 3 weeks to get them in but terry from fortune answered quickly to my emails and was very informative, all around great service.

Install was pretty straight forward thanks to the threads on how to.
Just spent an hour or so trying to dial it in a bit. The rear adjust **** does not go all the way down and to turn it I have to pull it out slightly which is not a problem on the passenger side but on the driver side I can not get it to turn unless I move the gas contraption again, fkin pain in the azz. I drove around a bit on local roads and a couple of highway runs to get a feel and I will say the ride quality is very nice and steering feel is greatly improved. It's very smooth on the highway but not to soft, I actually did get lifted out of the seat a bit on a dip at a little over 100mph but the car never felt like it was losing control, very planted and confidence inspiring. Street driving is a bit more firm than highway but not jarring or bouncy on most surfaces except the big holes did jar me a bit. For my taste I would have preferred stiffer springs, i like my ride a bit more firm but this setup will do fine I am sure I can adjust it a bit more to keep me entertained. I may raise the front a little more, not sure just yet. I am going to get the alignment done either tomorrow or Tuesday, my mechanic will throw a fit when he sees how low it is it will be a challenge to get it on the alignment machine.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Party Rock Crew

Kreapin, if you remove the "package shelf" you can get to the adjustment **** on the drivers side from inside the cockpit. I have the same issue with mine...fat fingers small gaps and all...and in all honesty, after I removed the thing, I have not put it back in.

Hope you enjoy!
Old 04-08-2012, 12:37 PM
official newb

My fingers are long enough to actually get the tips around the **** but I have to pull it out a little then turn and that ain't happening. It really sucks.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:36 PM

I don't have to pull or push anything on the KW's, but I did think ahead and built nice large ***** that are easy to turn with the tips of your fingers and I cut access to the drivers side in the trunk lining. Nobody can tell it's there, until I need to make a adjustment(which was the point). I also set my coilover shafts so that 0 is dead ahead. So it's easy to set the reference direction for quick and accurate adjustments.

Last edited by Silverstone_Ryan; 04-08-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Silverstone_Ryan View Post
I don't have to pull or push anything on the KW's, but I did think ahead and built nice large ***** that are easy to turn with the tips of your fingers and I cut access to the drivers side in the trunk lining. Nobody can tell it's there, until I need to make a adjustment(which was the point). I also set my coilover shafts so that 0 is dead ahead. So it's easy to set the reference direction for quick and accurate adjustments.

DUDE thats sweet!!!
Old 04-08-2012, 07:17 PM
official newb

Ss Ryan I did read your install thread, you did a lot of work on your car, my budget was a little smaller and I definitely don't have have tooling skills

And I do agree that it is sweet.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by kreapin View Post
Ss Ryan I did read your install thread, you did a lot of work on your car, my budget was a little smaller and I definitely don't have have tooling skills

And I do agree that it is sweet.

Thanks. We all have our 'skills'...

Anyway, I don't really understand what is required with your push/pull, but I thought maybe you could do something similar to my set-up so you could adjust your struts while installed. Maybe not though. I wish you the best of luck.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:13 PM
official newb

I don't understand the pull thing either, the adjustment **** slides all the way down in the front and turns as you would expect but the rear stays up about 1" and if you turn it feels like your unscrewing something but if you pull it out a little it turns and clicks as you would expect. Don't get it.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:14 PM
official newb

Update

I got my wheel alignment done but its not perfect, need a camber kit for the front and rear. I removed the 10mm bolt that holds gas contraption in place and was able to get enough clearance to make adjustments. Presently at 18 clicks front and 16 rear, I am very happy with the ride quality now, very happy. This has to be one the more comfortable riding setups i've driven, goes through the turns with ease and is not unsettled easily by high speed transitions. I am very happy.... for now anyway

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fortune Auto 500 series

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.