Go Back  S2000 Forums > Regional > West
California State Law Question (Emissions) >

California State Law Question (Emissions)

West CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

California State Law Question (Emissions)

Old 02-03-2012, 01:14 AM
Thread Starter
_Sean2000_'s Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Outer Haven, CA
Posts: 19
Cool California State Law Question (Emissions)

I have been saving up for some mods to my car. I have had my '05 since April of last year and I think I am leaning on either the Mugen intake system or the Mugen exhaust. I would like to go for the exhaust first but I am not even sure if it is street legal. I dont want to get it installed and then come to find I have to uninstall it due to emission standards. I live in Southern California and I have seen plenty of people with thier custom exhaust systems and as far as I know there is nothing special about the Mugen system for my AP2 but I feel it is best to be safe... Any members in here with the system already installed having any issues with emissions or anything else?
I know many people have their own reservations about how much to spend on what brand when it comes to mods on our wonderful cars, but please try to keep this on subject. Thanks guys.
_Sean2000_ is offline  
Old 02-03-2012, 04:13 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon
kgf3076's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Here obviously.
Posts: 5,273
Call King Motorsports and ask if the Mugen is CARB approved. I'm reasonably sure it is, but it doesn't hurt to ask. (Incidentally, I run Mugen header and catback and I've never had a problem in VA which is pretty strict on emissions controls).
kgf3076 is offline  
Old 02-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Thread Starter
_Sean2000_'s Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Outer Haven, CA
Posts: 19
Thanks for the response. I will be sure to do that.
_Sean2000_ is offline  
Old 02-03-2012, 08:27 PM
just havin' fun
will williams's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,265
If it is a Cat. Back system your safe. As far as the intake it must have a CARB i.d. number on it and then its ok.
will williams is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 08:50 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 171
Cat back systems do not need CARB approval, but they still have to pass loudness ratings, although there is no pre-approval needed for a manufacturer to seek.
davidc is offline  
Related Topics
Thread Starter
Last Post
01-11-2011 06:28 AM
New s2000.com Member Area / Introductions
06-14-2010 10:49 AM
Dr. Jimbo
Engine Tech / Drivetrain
04-23-2009 11:16 AM
North East
04-13-2008 02:37 AM
Engine Tech / Drivetrain
11-12-2007 06:21 PM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: California State Law Question (Emissions)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.