Website / Forum Suggestions / Site Problems All suggestions, problems, and general inquiries about the s2000.com website are welcome !

Time for some changes! PRESENTATION is everything!

Old 09-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Brooklyn!!!

Time for some changes! PRESENTATION is everything!

Hey guys I've been checking out this site for a little while and I noticed it could sure use some work!

For starters we should definitely do something about the banner, possibly make the layout look slightly more attractive!

CHECK OUT MY CLOSE FRIENDS FORUM: http://g35nyc.com/
He started this himself, went to a few meets, told a few people about his site and soon it started getting larger and larger.

I think we should take some initiative and do the same! Make this site as presentable as that one. And also lets keep the infiniti bashing to minimum
Old 09-24-2007, 02:58 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Youse gonna come in heah n' unionize our comfortably runnin' shop?
It's like Stewie Ruff.
Spend a considerable amount'a time with it before you go makin' "improvements". Ypu're seasonin' your food before you even taste it.
The regulars at Cheers probably wouldn't appreciate blastin' sports announcers, bright flashin' lites n' sports bar flat-screens all over the @*#&in' place either.
N' dunno 'bout no Infiniti bashin' . . . but if we can give Stewie a rough time every once in a while, I don't see where Infiniti shouldn't be able to fend for itself.
Be well.
Java

Last edited by Java Junky; 09-24-2007 at 03:06 AM. Reason: The fish
Old 09-24-2007, 05:35 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Infiniti? Isn't that a 4 door sedan?
Old 09-24-2007, 05:49 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

No. I believe it was part'a the openin' of Ben Casey.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:44 AM
"Enjoy the drive"

That's an idea we can look at.

As for the Infinity comments, I will go with the immortal Buzz Lightyear; "To Infinity, and beyond!!"
Old 09-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Resident Track Whore :)

I don't think we want to make this site "larger and larger". Then, it would be like S2KCA or S2Ki. Those sites are the reason I am here.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Brooklyn!!!

OK an example! i don't know what threads I'm subscribed to, so I cant check up on new posts. Im not trying to make this site larger, there are plenty of examples of this. For nissan maximas there is a LARGE org similar to s2ki which is called maximas.org. Then there is a smaller org called Nycmaximas.org which is similar to this one!

Same goes for g35nyc.com its a small forum compared to larger infiniti forums such as g35driver and others

Just a suggestion of changes
Old 09-24-2007, 02:21 PM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
OK an example! i don't know what threads I'm subscribed to, so I cant check up on new posts.
Click on the New Posts at the top of the page between Calendar and Search and it will show you new posts. The only functions I miss are a dedicated TOP button (rather than hitting Home or PgUp) and the display of the date and time a message was entered.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Not for nuthin' Ruff, but you've been here how long n' you're ready to start changin' it?
Ever notice how some folks'll move into a peacefully rural neighborhood 'cause they "absolutely adore" the way that it looks, n' as the first Saturday of the first weekend dawns, they're knee-deep in wood chips as they chainsaw down everything in sight, concrete up anythin' that stands still long enough, n' usually do it to the accompaniment of very loud n' annoyin' noise (Noise, 'cause most of it sure'z hell ain't music)?
I'm not sayin' that there might not be any changes that'd benefit everybody on the site, but, I for one, really like it the way it is, the kind'a folks that it draws to it n' I godda tell ya, if you got drawn to it too, maybe you should find another outlet for this energy instead'a thinkin' a ways to mess up a good thing.
The preceedin' was personal opinion. Contrary points'a view . . . nah. When it comes to the site, contrary points'a view can be placed where the sun don't shine.
Be well.
Java
Old 09-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Brooklyn!!!

java, constructive criticism is always accepted by me, as shall by you guys. once again IM NOT TRYING to change anything, just a few suggestions of what IN MY opinion might make things a LITTLE more smooth! Its not like im a fast food chain mogul ready to knock down the little MOM and pop shops! its not at all like that!

AND BTW, i def like this site! I hate the larger sites where everything seems too all over the place! and way too overwhelming! I'd tell u im 100 percent for this site rather than s2ki!

And fyi, it doesnt matter how long ive been HERE. Im not a at this =)

Last edited by RuffRyder; 09-24-2007 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Resident Track Whore :)

Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
OK an example! i don't know what threads I'm subscribed to, so I cant check up on new posts. Im not trying to make this site larger, there are plenty of examples of this. For nissan maximas there is a LARGE org similar to s2ki which is called maximas.org. Then there is a smaller org called Nycmaximas.org which is similar to this one!

Same goes for g35nyc.com its a small forum compared to larger infiniti forums such as g35driver and others

Just a suggestion of changes
Click "User CP" and in the middle of the page will list your subscriptions. There's also a link on the left hand side of that page to show subscriptions.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:35 PM

I agree with Java. All the bling bling can be found at the other sites. This site suites me just the way it is. If ever I had a question it was answered in a quick and respectable like manner, which is NOT what you can expect from the other sites (my personal experience/opinion). If ever my question doesn't get answered, I may venture back to s2ki or s2kca to dig through their threads. This site is a lot like stewie, no luxuries, pure function.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:43 PM
Brooklyn!!!

well maybe im a newb here but can someone answer me what a STEWIE is !!! LOL
Old 09-25-2007, 01:20 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Stewie = S2 (Stew) + ie == stewie. Simple, huh?
Old 09-25-2007, 11:08 AM
Brooklyn!!!

heh certainly! thanks for the explanation!