Please help me out! - S2000 Forums

Website / Forum Suggestions / Site Problems All suggestions, problems, and general inquiries about the s2000.com website are welcome !

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Charlie Croker

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2014, 08:41 PM   #1  

Please help me out!

Okay so I just joined this website bc I have hundreds of questions and where else better to go than here. I'm 18 and bought my first s2k and couldn't be any happier. Though now that a little time has past and I've saved up some money I want to get some work done on my car. I've thought about a suspension a lot and wheels as well.
Now getting to my point, what I want to do is slam the car and go deep dish on the rims. What would you guys who have had a couple s2k's or have gone through what I am think? I've been looking at Megan ez streets bc honestly I'm not going to track my car I just want to have it for looks and these are lookin pretty good to me bc they aren't too expensive, roughly 700-800 dollars.
Lastly, what size wheels do you guys think I should run? I am currently stock and want to go 18's no matter what but what width would you say and what brand wheels should I go w?
Thanks a lot for your guys help with a noobie!
Zachary Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:43 AM   #2  
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

I'd definitely go with a set of 22" chromed, 15" wide wheels. You might also want to get that lift kit and do a 40" lift.

Now to be serious. Helllaflush is hellastupid. This car is made to go around curves, not to have 60" camber and tires that rub on every turn. It's your car, you can do with it what you want, but this isn't the place to ask about things like that. Afraid that most of us are pretty much purists.
kgf3076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:32 AM   #3  
THE STIG

Welcome! Not really into that look. The guys over at S2KI might be able to help you out. Have you found the secret compartment yet?
Switchblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:56 AM   #4  
mlc

Slamming the car and taking it to the track are usually not a good combination. Hard to do both as what you have to do to the car to slam it really hurts the performance and handling characteristics.

You might want to post up here for a little friendly reception http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/7850...ftw-s2-thread/ .
mlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:09 AM   #5  

KGF, you're always at the forefront of automotive fashion!!! No grass hopper, don't mesh up the car. You're going to ruin not only the handling but any value the car has when you decide you want to move on to what ever idiocy next inspires you. Most won't share your taste in fashion and won't want your piece of junk when you want to sell.
agski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:21 AM   #6  
normal aspiration

kg speaks his mind. he is direct and blunt. that's why i like him.

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/7850...ftw-s2-thread/

now back to the above thread. got to get me some white wheels. i has never seen anything quite so fugly as that slammed yellow S with those white wheels. geeeeesh!

i need a classy personalized plate that reads FKS KING. i also need a dozen stickers for my bb.

i guess everybody's taste is different, to each his own, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, i don't have to drive it, your girlfriend is ugly and a thousand other cliches...look closely at that s2ki thread and reconsider.

did i just hellaslam the hellaflush?
bbcricketta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:51 PM   #7  

I know that this car is built for the track but I don't plan on doing that, at least any time soon. Without slamming it, what coilovers and/or wheels do you think I should go with?
Old 05-13-2014, 05:57 PM   #8  

But yes switchblade, if you're talking about the compartment in between the seats I have! If not then I have no idea lol
Old 05-13-2014, 06:27 PM   #9  
Blue Barchetta

Keep it stock. Or first get used to it then make minor adjustments. I personally have Swift Sport springs with OEM AP2V1 wheels. I may have gone overboard with the springs, but they eliminate a lot of body roll and I really like how the car handles. Waiting in the garage is a nice set of AP2V3 wheels that just need some extreme high performance summer tires. As kgf has pointed out, you're not likely to get the answer you want from most folks on this site.

Slammed deep dish rims? Says nothing but... Or a new taco bell menu item
FuzzyRuttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:41 PM   #10  
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

Mr Fuzzy and others are on the money in my book. Keep it stock; get used to it.
I felt strange putting an S on the trunk lid instead of the Honda H.
Okay, maybe a new head unit for music but thats if for now. Insulate it for better sound.
Relax. Save your money. Enjoy it as it is and life.
cosmomiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:40 AM   #11  
Mr. Riley Wilson

Zach,

Most of the remaining folk here are very conservative when it comes to these gems and have been here for a while. It was a much busier board when the "S" was still in production. On a regular basis, we have seen young drivers come here with visions of improving what they see as failures in the engineering and design of the Honda racing department.

From my perspective, Honda got the "S" right, for the most part. When pushed our cars can be difficult to handle stock. Why make it more difficult by making it something it's not? We've seen new drivers wrapping their new toys around trees a week after daddy buys it for them, mainly due to inexperience.

Read Cosmo' s post above several times, take a deep breath and put a couple thousand miles on your car before you make any "improvements." I've been driving mine for several years, with over 40 years driving experience and I am surprised almost daily as to the performance. Put your money into driving school to learn how to drive first and leave your car stock.

.....white wheels on a yellow......? Sheeze BB, that vision hurts to think about!

PS: FWIW, I'm slowly returning my overly moded S back to stock. The jerk who owned it before me, I believe, should be half way housed with Ken for a year!
okeles likes this.

Last edited by Charlie Croker; 05-14-2014 at 08:45 AM.
Charlie Croker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:46 AM   #12  
Computer Blue

Are you going to just look at the car and not drive it? If so, then slam it all you want and put whatever wheels you like.

If you're going to enjoy the car by driving it, then just drive it like it's meant to be and save your money for something more worth while...
S2KCRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:05 AM   #13  
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Croker View Post
PS: FWIW, I'm slowly returning my overly moded S back to stock. The jerk who owned it before me, I believe, should be half way housed with Ken for a year!
I believe the Constitution calls that cruel and unusual punishment.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:49 AM   #14  
Top Always Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary Johnson View Post
But yes switchblade, if you're talking about the compartment in between the seats I have! If not then I have no idea lol
If you're talking about the one with the key hole in it, that's not the one. There is another one in the vicinity.
Dr. Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #15  
mlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgf3076 View Post
I believe the Constitution calls that cruel and unusual punishment.
We had to stop water boarding, what else do we have left???
mlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #16  
Resident Vigilante

+1

Quote:

Now to be serious. Helllaflush is hellastupid. This car is made to go around curves, not to have 60" camber and tires that rub on every turn. It's your car, you can do with it what you want, but this isn't the place to ask about things like that. Afraid that most of us are pretty much purists.

s2kx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:00 PM   #17  

Hey.. let the kid spend HIS $$$. Ya never know he might have talent. Post up some pics when your done and we'll tell you how we really feel...
wwaallyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:08 PM   #18  
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

Lets look at modifications in history. This happens to be the S of the day: a nice coat of armor for the horse. This one happened to be owned by one Henry the Eighth. He thought it would be hellaflush to slam the armor and modify the way he did. I think people saw through it. Should have been left stock IMO except it would not get the attention a few hundred years later!!

Old 05-15-2014, 01:10 AM   #19  
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmomiller View Post
Lets look at modifications in history. This happens to be the S of the day: a nice coat of armor for the horse. This one happened to be owned by one Henry the Eighth. He thought it would be hellaflush to slam the armor and modify the way he did. I think people saw through it. Should have been left stock IMO except it would not get the attention a few hundred years later!!

Hey look! It's a two legged horse. I believe that's ole Henry himself there. I think his horsey armor is behind him.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:32 AM   #20  
THE STIG

Gotta protect the goods!!!
Old 05-15-2014, 06:49 AM   #21  

Cos, is that pic from the Tower of London? I think I have a very similar pic.
phins2rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:59 AM   #22  
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

Quote:
Originally Posted by phins2rt View Post
Cos, is that pic from the Tower of London? I think I have a very similar pic.
It is; nice sharp eyes have you! I had a two day layover there a couple years ago and dragged my bride along. I shot that and many others.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:26 PM   #23  

Thank all of you guys so much, I'll definitely take all this into consideration whenever I decide to do something!
Old 03-02-2018, 11:41 PM   #24  

hope it helps
You might want to post up here for a little friendly reception http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/7850...ftw-s2-thread/ .
Acesty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:58 AM   #25  
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

We were friendly back in 2014 and we are friendly now, LOL!
Old 03-03-2018, 09:52 AM   #26  
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmomiller View Post
We were friendly back in 2014 and we are friendly now, LOL!
Well, most of us (kinda ). I was going to wish this thread a happy 4th birthday.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:24 AM   #27  
THE STIG

Quote:
Well, most of us (kinda ). I was going to wish this thread a happy 4th birthday.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:59 AM   #28  
Top Always Down

Wow. I went to that S2Ki thread and I donít speak that language. I also know how to spell. I guess Iím old ;(
Old 03-05-2018, 08:39 AM   #29  
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jimbo View Post
Wow. I went to that S2Ki thread and I donít speak that language. I also know how to spell. I guess Iím old ;(
It's easy once you find out where the adults are there.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:11 AM   #30  
Top Always Down

Hahaha!
Old 03-06-2018, 08:42 AM   #31  
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

It reinforces the observation that most of our youth is sold a bill of education goods far short of what they deserve. Most of what I see is the high school (wife works there) in a relatively wealthy area. No cursive is taught; they cannot read the original Constitution, Bill of Rights, family documents or even a birthday card from grandparents. (The English teacher is asked to read them to seniors.) Of course they cannot make change mentally, expect to know the multiplication tables we learned in 3rd grade, or read an analog clock in the administrative office without looking at a mobile. Let’s just say composing and putting in writing thoughts is an elusive, impossible task for those that are not nun trained.
Spelling in posts? C’mon!!!!!
My dad always said the world was going to hell. I think he was correct.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:21 AM   #32  
Never Slow down

^^Agree^^
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 07:03 AM   #33  
Oz S2K

^^Agree^^ too
okeles is offline   Reply With Quote