POLL CLOSED: Thanks for Voting - Page 2 - S2000 Forums

Website / Forum Suggestions / Site Problems All suggestions, problems, and general inquiries about the s2000.com website are welcome !
View Poll Results: Should scantily clad women be limited to one thread?
No, lets keep it the way it is, we should be able to post these types of pics in any thread.
56.14%
Yes, lets make it so that these pictures only appear in a singular thread with an NSFW label.
38.60%
These pictures should not be allowed on S2000.com at all.
5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

POLL CLOSED: Thanks for Voting

Old 02-15-2013, 08:47 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Okay, maybe it needs saying, maybe it doesn't. I'll let the adults in the audience choose to continue reading or not.

The site's based in the enjoyment and ownership of the S2000.
But if you're coming here and only reading about "I've got a red one.", "I've got a yellow one.", "I've got this noise.", "Does this spoiler make me look fat?" . . you start to appreciate that it's about a whole lot more than just about the car.
It's about the people.
It's always about the people.
Different people and their varied interests.
To ignore that is to condemn this site to a ghost town.

Now, as my personal take on the site, I can appreciate that my view is allowed to exist among so many others that might agree, or might not agree, but it is allowed to exist.
But, I do not assume to make anybody else dance to my tune. (There's a lesson for you in there iosh.)

The membership needs to have the site flourish.
The site needs to be interesting enough for the membership to keep returning to flourish.
Interest is not kept by anything other than the differences between the members and their varied interests.

By all means, fix what needs to be fixed.
But don't @*#& with something that's operational.
And politics iosh?
You figure that you're going to sell your car and you want to leave us with politics?
Put a hand-print in the mud outside the outhouse if you want us to remember you.
Don't @*#& with what don't need @*#&in' with.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:45 AM

Well said, JJ. I voted no (one of 18 at last count).

Jon
Old 02-15-2013, 10:01 AM

Please be aware that I stopped being a regular on this site, as I could not comfortably open threads at work (on breaks). Those types of pictures violated my works computer policies. It wasn't worth getting time off without pay, or fired to visit S2000.com.

Those pictures don't belong in every thread, and should only be in threads that are labeled as NSFW.

I doubt the intent of the company that owns this site is to have it be the private chat board of the less than dozen or so regulars.

Also realize that continuing the current policy could in fact jeopardize the very existence of the site as advertising dollars typically go to sites with most users. Since the same company owns both S2000.com, and S2KI.com, they might decide to simply redirect S2000.com to S2Ki.com. And for the person who said S2KI.com is for pictures of scantly clad women hasn't visited S2KI recently.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:37 PM

HA! You people need to get a clue, what do you do when your standing in line at the grocery store and glance over at the magizine rack and see J LO or any number of female stars in a bikini. SHUT THE STORE DOWN! I say NO!
Old 02-15-2013, 12:57 PM
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

When I joined this site I don't really recall reading the "agreement", I just clicked and went for it. If the rules say no ****, then no ****. If that is okay, then its okay. I am interested in this forum and continue to be so whether there are pictures or not. Do I enjoy a smattering of typical "girlie" pics to make things interesting? Yep. Am I looking for hard **** on this site? No. If I was so inclined, and I am not, I would go elsewhere. That being said, I posted a reply to a thread a month or so ago and had a picture of a "kosie" beer holder: a bare breasted gal with a beer supported by breasts alone. I was advised, as a side note, from another forum member in a private message, that I may have pushed the boundary. I went back to edit and delete the pic but the entire post had been removed. I did not know who the moderators were so I sent a general message to the site apologizing for the posting. If bare breasts are too much for the site, fine. I don't care, I can live without it.
I come from era and group of operators who are not particularly squeamish about such things. One friend, irritated at another for drinking our of his coffee mug and leaving it uncleaned, whipped out his dick at a meeting and rubbed it around the mugs rim to make the offender remember he was putting his lips there. (Offender stopped using that mug). At the time we all thought it was hilarious. Sure with women in the squadrons now and elsewhere in the work force that kind of action would be unthinkable today. I get that.

It all seems relative. I have spent about a dozen years abroad in Europe and Asia. Work, school, live, business. I can go bare naked with a crowd of Bavarians at a river to enjoy the summer day, old and young. No one has clothes on and yet they are all pretty much conservative Catholics with a clear conscience. Thats normal for them. Dutch as well. Italians, topless only. If Europeans were on this site they would laugh at us. If this site had Malay/Southeast Asia folks on it you would not read this as I would have been banned for my bare breasted post.

One post said if it was okay for the person in the photo to be seen in public then it should be okay for this forum. As an American I know what you are saying, but have you ever been to Sturgis for the motorcycle rally? Whoa! What is seen in public there is not to be seen in Salt Lake City!

My opinion was solicited so how about this. If the moderators think a thread is pushing it, then why don't they add the NSFW letters to bee seen with the thread title perhaps, or *** , whatever (I am not a website designer) If someone does not want to look because of that then its up to him/her.
Better yet, IMO is just have an easy guideline: say, no genitals or cigar penetration, that sort of thing is not so ambiguous for you Bill Clinton/lawyer types.

Do not think there should be a separate area for all racy picks. Really? Please.

Press on.

Last edited by cosmomiller; 02-15-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:24 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Coz, I'm not arguing what your saying, especially since I agree with it, but your first part was right on the money to my way of thinking: the site rules'n reggs already exist. Abide by them and there is no **** or nudity allowed on the site. Period.
That you removed a flick when you were advised of it's possible inappropriateness is allowing the existing rules and reggs to do their job.
As legitimate bathing suits are acceptable in public, there is no need to consider them something that needs a warning.
When something gets posted that's unacceptable, the moderators delete it and notify the member of the deletion and the why and the wherefore of it.
To make more rules and reggs when the existing ones already serve the purpose is unnecessary.
But, like I said, I'm not arguing.

And for the record, like it or not, when the other two moderators that originally shared the duty with me rode off into the sunset, yours truly was enforcing the rules for a long time without seeing any need to add to or change any of the existing site rules and reggs.
Moderating is first and foremost about both the membership and the site.
It is not about imposing your will on either.
It's monitoring and maintaining, and when you accept the job, you agree to stick to the existing rules and reggs, not adjust-to-taste.
As we're all well aware, some people cannot help themselves when it comes to trying to impose their will on others.
But they shouldn't be moderators.

Last edited by Java Junky; 02-15-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:53 PM
EYECELLEM

I'm on one other car site and we're choir boys/gals in comparison. Here, colorful language is cleverly disguised (Java), no one berates another for asking a silly question or one that has been asked 100 times before (mostly ) and generally everyone gets along with one another. I like it here and post regularly, whereas I hardly post on the other site.

I'm sorry, but I don't think we need to tone down S2000.com any more than it is, or risk losing the patient entirely.

Last edited by Glenn1; 02-15-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:26 PM

The pictures in question don't offend me, but when they pop up I DO worry a bit about who might come into the room and see them and wonder what website I am visiting! It would be awkward to have to explain that it "really is just the S2000 site"!

I try to look at differences in opinion from other peoples perspective whenever possible. In this case it's actually fairly easy to look at this from a woman's perspective - just imagine if there was someone on this site who would randomly post pictures of some Chippendale-type guys wearing very little clothing. Not the funny stuff like John Cleese on that bench, but the male equivalent of the example photos at the beginning of this thread. I'm not homo-phobic, but to have them popping up randomly wouldn't be something I look forward to. Yes, I could just close that thread, but the reason I was reading it in the first place was that it was of interest to me. I could "Ignore" the poster, but then there is the issue of their post being quoted, not to mention that there MAY be sometime when their input would add value to a conversation. Overall, it would just really diminish the quality of my experience here on the site.

(Now, I'm not trying to say that all women find the current situation offensive, by any means, what I'm saying is that if I was a woman it would bother me!)

It's unfortunate that we have to resort to the possibility of regulating this content. Yes, I know that there would still be areas on the site where these photos could be posted, but regulation often has unintended consequences. I can picture an instance where someone in a thread refers to some public figures as "a couple of *****". At THAT moment, IMHO, for someone to post the first example pic in this thread could be considered acceptable...and humorous! But if we say that all of these pictures have to be in a special section, then you can't do anything like that. You'll have these damn rules that we all have to follow!

So, personally, I don't like the idea of more rules and I don't like the idea that I might be censored somewhere down the road. But, I don't like having to worry about who might see me looking at this site, and I really don't like the idea of offending reasonable, intelligent people. (Note: I'm not saying that if you're not offended then you are not reasonable and intelligent, I'm saying that I can see a person who is "reasonable and intelligent" being offended!) Since it seems like there isn't much possibility of "self-censorship" here, my vote is to put it all in one clearly marked location.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:00 PM

Since some of you might not realize what your pictures could do to some of us. Yes pictures like those have and would fall under this definition. This is from the company human resources policy manual.

Computers: All Internet and electronic media access accomplished by employees (utilizing company supplied resources) shall be consistent with assigned duties and responsibilities or consistent with the official business interests of the company. Incidental, non-company purpose, use of the Internet is permissible as long as such use does not interfere with official business and involves minimal additional expense to the company. Such incidental use must not violate any laws or company rules, regulations or policies. All employees are subject to unannounced periodic monitoring to assure that the employee is not engaging in any activity that would discredit the company. Non-permissible use would include, but not limited to, seeking, transmitting, collecting or storing defamatory, discriminatory, material of a sexual nature, harassing material; propagating chain letters or broadcasting inappropriate or unsolicited messages; concealing or misrepresenting user identity or affiliation; using company resources for commercial purposes, financial gain or in support of outside individuals or entities; engaging in unauthorized fundraising, lobbying or political activities; etc.

Misconduct of a Sexual Nature: This is conduct that may not rise to the statutory definition of sexual harassment, but is nonetheless inappropriate for the workplace and will not be tolerated. For instance, viewing and/or printing material of a sexual nature from the Internet is inappropriate. Potential charges include, but are not limited to, misuse of company equipment, systems and/or time.

Nature of Offense

Misuse of company time,
property, personnel, information,
funds or leased services
(including, not limited to,
computers and systems, fax,
telephone, mail services, etc.).

First Offense
Reprimand to removal

Second Offense
10-day suspension to removal

Third Offense
Removal

bolding
added
Old 02-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

TT, no offense, but when you're on-the-job, you're-on-the-job.
Maybe the company's equipment should be used for company business.
It's called theft-of-services.
I'm not saying yea or nay here. That's another decision made by the company (owner of the hardware and payor of the paycheck) and the individual.

But, if you're going to ham-string the rest of us who don't use company computers for surfing sites like this so that you can use company hardware to do it, I'm not a believer in the tooth-fairy or what's "fair" . . but, in this case, I'm not talking tooth-fairy.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:26 PM
EYECELLEM

Any company that provides internet access to their employees so said employees can complete their assigned duties, has those rules in place to protect the company's interests. So, what to do?
Old 02-15-2013, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Java Junky View Post
TT, no offense, but when you're on-the-job, you're-on-the-job.
Maybe the company's equipment should be used for company business.
It's called theft-of-services.
I'm not saying yea or nay here. That's another decision made by the company (owner of the hardware and payor of the paycheck) and the individual.

But, if you're going to ham-string the rest of us who don't use company computers for surfing sites like this so that you can use company hardware to do it, I'm not a believer in the tooth-fairy or what's "fair" . . but, in this case, I'm not talking tooth-fairy.
Personal use of the computers is permitted on breaks including lunch, provided it doesn't violate the guidelines posted above, it's not theft-of-services.

I'm sorry that you feel such a strong need to post those pictures everywhere. What are you compensating for?

Is it really ham-stringing you to ask that those pictures be limited to threads labeled NSFW?
Old 02-15-2013, 03:44 PM

Non-issue for most VP.
Now, if folks don't think it a topic worth voting on . . it's certainly not voting . . . . but wouldn't you say that it shows the whole thing to be of concern to a very minor number of the membership?
'Like I said, it's the tail trying to wag the dog.
29 votes?
Does "mountain out of a molehill" get the idea across?
Considering 43.24% of the responders are giving feedback that they would prefer the exclusion of or the labeling of NSFW on posts which could be problematic in one's workplace or which feature content which may be offensive, I hardly say that the proponents of being able to post the aforementioned content in every thread on the board have some sort of overwhelming statement that the 43.24% are wrong/overly-sensitive/tempest-in-a-teapot types.

That many of the supposed total membership (active or not) have not participated in the poll within the first 24 hours of it being posted does not mean it is unimportant. A HUGE portion of the American populace does not bother to vote on things as important as the presidency of the United States. Does that render the process an unimportant, "mountain out of a molehill" and a very minor kind of a thing?
Old 02-15-2013, 04:07 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

You're right Murph.
It isn't the tail wagging the dog.
With it unlikely that most of the basically twenty-three thousand membership (that'd be 23,000 in numerals) are still making use of the site, and even counting the votes of those wanting you to leave the site untinkered-with, 37 votes doesn't even qualify as any kind of a respectful tail.
Molehill?
This is two pieces of belly-button lint.

Last edited by Java Junky; 02-15-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:39 PM
EYECELLEM

43.24% say no, 56.76% say leave things they way they are, 2.70% are voting for Ralph Nader....last Prez was elected by a smaller margin. Good campaign promises/arguments from both sides. I voted with my head, I see worse on free TV. Who can I complain to about that? This is a free site about cars, but still there are rules. Have those rules been broken? I think not.

But this has been put to a vote. Very democratic. Majority rules.

Last edited by Glenn1; 02-15-2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: edited
Old 02-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Bug Zapper

Considerin I cant count the number of regular members on my fingers and toes I would say 37 votes is pretty good. Ill try to get an email out to more of our top posters as I dont want anyone to be left out.

I can see Beebs got the NSFW thread started already and for that I thank him. Keep voting peeps, havent seen this much activity on the site in a while and I am glad to see some names I haven't seen in a while.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:52 PM

You're right Murph.
It isn't the tail wagging the dog.
With it unlikely that most of the basically twenty-three thousand membership (that'd be 23,000 in numerals) are still making use of the site, and even counting the votes of those wanting you to leave the site untinkered-with, 37 votes doesn't even qualify as any kind of a respectful tail.
Molehill?
This is two pieces of belly-button lint.
I am not tinkering with the site, Java. Not by a far cry. The pics that are being posted now were not being posted in anywhere near the current numbers when I first became a member. The change that has come over the site has not been brought on by me.

Thirtyseven percent of the registered voters in the US failed to participate in one of the most important elections of our country in 2008. Guess that makes it unimportant.

For those who think this is a moral question, it is not. It is a respect question. It is a question of the future of the site.

And Java, perhaps you would have preferred if I left things well enough alone when I single-handedly pulled your @$$ out of the fire and made it possible for not only two new moderators to be added to the site but to help empower them to be able to rid the site of crap that was causing long-term members to openly post they were leaving. Yeah, I should have left well enough alone. Perhaps all I did was prolong/postpone the slow death.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:36 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

We've got to caution-tape off the site water fountain.
Evidently there's some Legendintheirownmind's disease being spread by it.
You got involved and 'Blade and iosh finally got the moderator jobs that the three of us had been trying to make happen for some time. No denying that you helped.
But, "single-handedly pulled your @$$ out of the fire"??????
Wow . . and here I thought that I knew every episode of Twilight Zone.
'Grip Murph.
You've got to get a grip.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:09 AM
official newb

I'm sensing a bit of hostility here............

Lets reiterate a point already mentioned in this thread, cars and girls go hand in hand. Go to any car car show and you will find female models, aftermarket car shows have these woman promoting everything from ashtrays to zebras and there doing it with barely any clothes on. The manufacturer car shows have woman wearing tight dresses, high heels and plenty of leg. Respect other members??? that is your best argument?
Murph I understand your point but your in a male dominated hobby and it is very evident once you wonder to any meet, car show or car magazine. But I think your on to something, maybe you should consider starting up your own female car club, forum, and car show. It cannot be a S2000 only club because your members will to few but if allow any and all cars and any and all members such as gays then you might have a winner. Good luck and let us know how it goes
Old 02-17-2013, 02:04 PM

When Vanishing Point announced he was tired of weeding through TFRB's posts and those of various trolls (be they regular posting members putting on alter egos to do it or just plain trolls), I listened. Ken announced he wasn't far behind. Java claimed there was nothing he could do. At that time I did something for this forum that no one else had been able or willing to do. I went to Internet Brands corporate offices and met with the people responsible for this site. I explained the problem and said that the only remaining site moderator needed help (the others have all left citing various reasons) but said no one from IB was responding. They told me they had no record of being contacted. Maybe they had something misconfigured. Who knows? I didn't care. I just didn't want to lose a few very important posters on this board because some idiots were posting crap constantly making the site more about the crap than about the car (anyone see a parallel yet?).

Because I did this, there were two new moderators added within 36 hours. So in less than two days I fixed something that java and other mods had been complaining they couldn't fix for a few years. Anyone who tries to say otherwise is lying (or purposely obfuscating the truth. I seem to recall being told nothing could be done and someone seriously implying someone should just start another site since nothing could or would be done about the problem, but that didn't turn out to be completely accurate after all).

Immediately after I met with the Internet Brands people, with whom I stayed in contact for a few days after in order to make sure it got handled, I posted about the meeting and even included a nice pic of their lobby art. That information somehow got deleted by someone (not me).

Today, the TFRB troll is gone (thank you Marioshi for making that so), the other alter ego posts seem to have stopped, Java got to actually take a break for a couple of weeks from being the only moderator, and VP and Ken are still here and maybe that's because the overwhelming amount of crap posts about which they complained are gone.

Much like VP's complaint, mine is that nearly every thread in which BB decides to post, he eventually has to post a LOT of picture. I am not talking about one or two. I am talking about scrolling through several pages trying to find something about the original topic. Then, for some reason, much like the TFRB threads, people decide to respond and post their own pics of more women in various stages of undress. Ignore doesn't work just like VP pointed out in the TFRB days.

This is a parallel situation. Even if it it was only me who has a problem with the inundation of NSFW pics being inserted into more than half the threads (and we know it's not since you have already seen other's posts on the subject), can you really not see the parallel here? Are you really going to say that the car site has to be littered with bikini clad (and some less) in purposely provocative poses because of some antiquated old boy's club notion that men are incapable of behaving like reasonable adults?

Last edited by RMurphy; 02-17-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by kreapin View Post
...but if allow any and all cars and any and all members such as gays then you might have a...
That comment alone speaks volumes.

It also makes it very clear that you are failing to read and comprehend what I or others have posted here. No one (well apparently one) had said there should be no pics of women. The problem is when they enter into every thread such that you open a thread which you think is about transmission fluid and instead are staring at pages of T&A. For some, it's the type of thing over which they can get fired, even in an office that is fine with incidental personal use of company equipment. Why do that to someone who would normally have participated when it's possible to have a "hotties" thread or a NSFW thread and make it simple? We have threads for photography. I don't see why it's so impossible for NSFW stuff to be kept in a NSFW thread. Is it too difficult to do? Would the aforementioned mouse you've supposedly been issued refuse to click on that part of the screen?
Old 02-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

'Bottom line is that we come here because we enjoy coming here Murph.
A majority of the membership usually comes here for that reason. Fully accredited in the use of their mice, they spend their time in areas where they most enjoy their time . . otherwise why show up? To argue?

For you to want what the majority is enjoying right off the showroom floor (that'd be "as-is") changed because you can go searching to find things that "offend" you sounds a little more than self-centered and not concerned with the rest of the membership and what the rest of the membership is enjoying.
Coming here to argue is not my favorite part of the moderating. I'm forced into English.
But I can't quietly sit by and allow the one who's out-of-step to call cadence for the rest of us.
When you can't come here without looking for things to gripe about . . well . . I'll let you finish the lyrics to that tune for yourself.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:06 PM

If I'm so out of step why isn't the poll showing a landslide in a particular direction? If I'm so out of step, why is it that I didn't start the poll? If I'm so out of step and self-centered, why did I do something so significantly selfless and out of my way to make it so VP and othersi might be able to stay? If I am so out of step, how come a lot of comments on this thread have said they support the idea of NSFW labels? If I'm so selfish and out of step, why did I take it at face value when you said so many months ago (while whining about how you're the only mod left and how the site admins must be some teenagers who have suddenly discovered girls and don't care about the website anymore) you made the statement that unless someone is willing to do something about it they should, in your inimitable words, shet yer traps? Well, I did something. And the site is better for it.

I'm not out of step and it isn't me who wants this place as their own personal fiefdom. I care enough about this place to actually take actions when needed. To say I'm out of step when what you are trying to defend is ridiculous is really getting your caboose before your locomotive.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Enough.
Let the poll run it's course.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:46 PM

Interesting reply. That's one frequently employed when a position is indefensible.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Oh yeah?
Says who?
(Geeze Rose! i think you just caused me'da break out in acne!)

Last edited by Java Junky; 02-17-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:44 PM

If you've broken out in anything it should be embarrassment over your thinking that a declaration of "enough" is worth the bandwidth it took to post it. Do you really think that characterizations of this nature make you look better or smarter or in a position of defending something important?
Old 02-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

If I might be allowed to quote from the book of Rogers:
3. There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:20 PM
official newb

If I might be allowed to quote from the book of Rogers:
3. There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works.
sorry murph but that right there is so true, when woman begin to argue with me I have accepted this very fact and now my response is simply OK
Them - Your an *******
Me - OK
Them - You shouldn't drive so fast
Me - OK
I can keep this list going for hours..........OK

On to serious business, I hear what your saying murph and many including myself are grateful that you spear headed the new admin thingy we needed that. I honestly understand your argument and if it really is an issue for some members than go ahead and do what needs to be done. On the other side is this is America, we enjoy our freedom, freedom to express ourselves is our right. You have the right to express your opinion just like every member does, unfortunately you are in the minority on this issue.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:54 PM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Freedom of expression does not expand to include yelling "FIRE" in a crowded theater. You don't discuss your sexual behavior with your mother so you might understand what discretion might be...therefore, put this crap in one section and call it whatever you want. I can't come to this site while I'm at work because some of the "pictures" would get me censured or fired. I have a security clearance to protect which is much more important than S2000.com. Post whatever you want, just remember you're forcing a lot of people to go elsewhere. If you really must look at pix of ladies minus a lot of clothing, there are a heck of a lot of other sites that specialize in that kind of thing. I really don't think the internet needs another one.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:26 PM
EYECELLEM

Most (maybe all) of us on this site are adults. There is really no need for anyone to post girlie pics on this site. All of us know where on the inet to get that type of gratification. There is really no need to create nsfw thread just to post girlie pics. (see my previous statement about sites on the inet for those types of pics)

In my opinion when Beebs posts a girlie pics he's making a statement that is no more different than when he uses words. Beebs being the chief perp for said pictures.

Clearly this is being viewed as being disrespectful to a certain segment of the membership, with the rest (nsfw, having to weed thru bikinis to get my facts, etc) as addons to the issue of respect.

Those members unhappy with the direction the site is going are going to leave regardless of the pics. Yes, sometimes stewie is an afterthought.

Girlie (or guyie pics) should be subject to the same type of censorship as when somone posts inflammatory words. That is if the pics or words go beyond the rules of this site, both should be deleted. What we have in place to determine both are sound. Why hamstrung the site with more rules and regs?
Old 02-17-2013, 08:00 PM
normal aspiration

there will never be enough polers to get a statistical viable survey.

i agree that if i was still working that i would not be able to visit here during work hours. that thought had never passed my mind.

since i am the ring leader i promise to stop posting flesh.

i will say that the women i have posted are dressed and remind me muchly of those old calenders you would see in the bathrooms of the greasy garage or the barber shop; very naughty, but not overtly sexual. not p o r n, but not something you would want your mama to see you seeing.

perhaps this will pass muster:

as glenn says, one picture is worth a thousand words.

Name:  IMG_1689.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  100.0 KB

sincerely, and love to all,

bb

pms--somebody tell roseanne since she has blocked me out.

Last edited by bbcricketta; 02-17-2013 at 08:06 PM. Reason: i has seen the light...
Old 02-17-2013, 08:09 PM
official newb

^^^ nibe bb ^^^
Old 02-17-2013, 08:20 PM
Got S2000?

As Sir Paul said...Let It Be.

I'm fine with a label or warning on the thread title (to avoid problems at work, for those who actually look at this during work)...but nothing should change about the site. It's not like the place is turning into a **** hub; it's still very much a car site. The occasional BeebBabe is a refreshing nicety.

If you're a woman and disagree, no problem - start posting pics of your favorite hunks. Your posts won't get much attention from me, but I promise I won't be offended.

Happy President's Day people!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:18 PM
Mr. Riley Wilson

Originally Posted by bbcricketta View Post
there will never be enough polers to get a statistical viable survey.

i agree that if i was still working that i would not be able to visit here during work hours. that thought had never passed my mind.

since i am the ring leader i promise to stop posting flesh.

i will say that the women i have posted are dressed and remind me muchly of those old calenders you would see in the bathrooms of the greasy garage or the barber shop; very naughty, but not overtly sexual. not p o r n, but not something you would want your mama to see you seeing.

perhaps this will pass muster:

as glenn says, one picture is worth a thousand words.

sincerely, and love to all,

bb

pms--somebody tell roseanne since she has blocked me out.
Sheeze, once again in America/s2000ville, it's the minority, regardless of the margin, who are willing to stand on a street corner, with an outrageous sign protesting about their offended feelings, sleep in parks, invade courthouses, bus from precinct to precinct, voting multiple times, resulting in winning by a very slim majority, making the most noise, that, once again are trying to force the majority to, once again give up their majority rights ...see democracy, in order to be politically correct. wins out?

Anyone seen the hand basket lately? The second is under brutal assault, as are the forth and sixth, now the first! On a freaking insignificant sports car...........emphasis on Insignificant? .......... Sports illustrated...........look out!

If an employee of mine is visiting s2000 during my time they would be unconditionally terminated! Girly pictures aren't a part of the equation! You are stealing!

Mario,

I don't post scantily clad ladies and come here for the camaraderie and Stewie but start restrictions, censures, regulations, or any violation of the first A, and I am gone! And I will be so far gone that the door will wonder where I went!

Last edited by Charlie Croker; 02-18-2013 at 04:09 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:40 PM

'Bottom line is that we come here because we enjoy coming here Murph.
i think that's the point murph and iosh were trying to make, people do enjoy coming here but we could have more people coming if a simple NSFW label would be added to certain posts so that people wouldn't get in trouble at work or for some members who don't prefer to look at it, or for some of us who are in relationships. i mean i'm on a car site and wife walks in the room and boom, not an appropriate picture. some of the material has made people not enjoy coming, and in no way is that trying to be censored off, just labeled, that's all.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:18 AM
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

Originally Posted by Charlie Croker View Post

If an employee of mine is visiting s2000 during my time they would be unconditionally terminated! Girly pictures aren't a part of the equation! You are stealing!
Yep. If I did the same I would be fired by my company and the FAA would suspend my license. Retirement time. When you are at work, work. I had a TS/SBI and I can assure you looking at a photo of a gal in a bikini would not be means of clearance cancellation.

I am somewhat surprised by the content of this thread. I have no knowledge of the site administration/monitor positions so I choose not to comment on the expression of sentiment. The rest, yes, a couple of things.

IMO a number of you have your tit in a wringer of nothing of significance. We are not talking about pornography here. Are we not adults? Are not most of us men? If my wife of 28 years walked in the room and saw me looking at girlie pics on this website it would not matter. We are comfortable and communicative in our relationship. I suggest a little relationship work for those who are not comfortable with themselves to be themselves.

This forum is fine the way it is. I enjoy it much more than brand x even though I still go there to check on stuff. Only made one or two posts. You are not going to drive people away for a couple of t/a pics. You MAY drive them away if you have some thread box for that that no one is going to post in. I'll bet more of the new owners tend to be younger as this car is not being made any more. I can assure you the younger generation has had a much more in depth exposure to **** from the internet and this kind of thing will not even faze them.

Seems to me like the majority want to keep things the way they are.

Nuff said.

Last edited by cosmomiller; 02-18-2013 at 01:21 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:48 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

LT, now . . . you admit that we've enjoyed coming here as-is, yes?
But you want to change what we currently enjoy because you assume that it will bring in . . what? a better class of member?
Twenty three thousand served LT. They can't all be wrong, and the noise made by the few is certainly not correctly indicated by a poll that's, so far, tallied up 44 contestants.
Of course, we could bus in votes and swamp the booths at the last minute the way that's become so popular of late.
But that still doesn't truly tell the story, does it?
Does the thought ever occur that new people might come here and enjoy coming here for the same reasons that the rest of us have?
The reasons that have had the site go on this long?

From the book of old: when something works you don't @*#& with it.
If it doesn't work, you @*#& with it.
But if you wanna tinker with what works, it's always best to build something totally new and add what you suspect might be improvements as you go.
Chances are, when you mess with what's operational, you only @*#& it up.

If some want the site with slip-covers, brocade draperies, latex gloves, masks and gowns available on demand . . (paid for by the rest of the site membership of course) maybe they should go start another site.
I'd be anxious to see how it flies.

Last edited by Java Junky; 02-18-2013 at 05:19 AM. Reason: 'Coffee only just kicked-in.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:49 AM
normal aspiration

is this ok?

Old 02-18-2013, 04:50 AM
normal aspiration

how about this? too racy?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: POLL CLOSED: Thanks for Voting

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.