What's up s2k brothers n my buddy club buddys - S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2000 Forums > Honda S2000 Forums > Website / Forum Suggestions / Site Problems
What's up s2k brothers n my buddy club buddys >

What's up s2k brothers n my buddy club buddys

Website / Forum Suggestions / Site Problems All suggestions, problems, and general inquiries about the s2000.com website are welcome !

Old 08-15-2012, 07:50 PM

I just got my buddy club coils n+!
Can you guys send me pics. N specs ?!?n your opinion about them.
I'm looking to drop it low but still drive n go over speed bumps n drive ways ......
Thanks
Old 08-16-2012, 07:46 AM

n that case you may not want to drop it 2 low.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:36 PM

Lol...good luck on the not dropping it too low part...the buddy club's are amazing coilovers for the price...I picked up mine for 1255 shipped with polyeurethane upper mount. These coils will go EXTREMELY low...I literally set the preload on the coils...(make sure it's even for both sides)...fine tuned the shock heights by using a digital caliper to make sure they were even from side to side...and tightened the lower shock collar (basically made no adjustments from the box)...and my s is tucked on its nuts. It rides amazingly like stock...just lower. Basically I'm running 10 (on the stiffside) in the front...and 5 (to the soft side) in the rear...install and fitment went perfectly. Any questions, please ask
Old 08-18-2012, 01:16 PM

Kool man ya I'm doing my coils today I hope! How low can I drop my car with out having to roll my fenders. I'll post pic if it get it done today
Old 08-18-2012, 04:19 PM
Party Rock Crew

I had a set of BC's, but recently upgraded to Fortune Auto's. The BC's are very easy to adjust and you can slam the car if you want...but you wont want to, trust me. I live in a small town with really good roads, but ramps and speed bumps will make you pull your hair out. You can get away with 24" from ground to top of fender arc...lower than that and be prepared for scrape society!
Also, make sure you loosen the gas filler assembly, otherwise the driver side rear will be a total bummer. It should take you about 1 hour with no beer and 2 hours with a 6 pack!
Old 08-19-2012, 03:49 PM

Like starrman said...it shouldn't take long and it's a straight forward install. Ended up taking me and a buddy around 5 hours...mainly because he kept drinking (alot lol) and I took extra precautions on measuring shock heights and setting even spring preload and we ended up having to get some swivel sockets to get to the rear driver shock mounts under the fuel lines (hardest part). Without adjusting the shock height from the box I was able to slam my S about 2 inches and some change...I wanna say it was like 2.2 inches...(I used a digital caliper to measure all shock heights). It does ride like stock but because of the softer spring rate you will do a bit of rubbing. I also have my oem mudflaps on the front so they are getting dremeled down pretty nicely from ground contact. I'll just say that the more preload you put on the springs...the stiffer the ride...so you may not bottom out as much but it will not be a comfortable ride.