Go Back  S2000 Forums > Regional > South
MY STOLEN S2K FROM DAVIE, FL (help please!) >

MY STOLEN S2K FROM DAVIE, FL (help please!)

South AR, LA, MS, KY, TN, AL, GA, FL, NC, SC, WV, VA, DE, DC, MD

Old 12-22-2011, 06:03 AM

Good morning everyone, my 2002 S2000 was stolen from my apartment building in Davie, FL. It's the Sebring Silver with all red interior, personalized plates "TXN S2K". I am actually about to move back to Texas in about 3 weeks, so the timing of this is horrible. Please, if there is any information, my e-mail address is [email protected]. I have had her for 3+ years and have kept her stock, in hopes to keep her until she was a classic. Unfortunately, some coward decided it would be best to completely ruin my day/week/year. She has 155k miles on it, so if any red seats turn up with a lot of wear on the lumbar support, please contact me. Thank you all, I hope this turns out for the better and I can reply with some good news.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:04 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

'Wishin' you good luck wit'diss 85.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:42 AM
House of CR.

Hope this has a positive ending 85, do check the local Craigslist, Honda-Tech and local papers for those seats, etc. Hopefully they just went for a joyride and didn't trash it/strip the car.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Resident Vigilante

Sorry to hear about this 85. Our cars are being attacked more and more these days whether it be for seats or the entire vehicle. If you get her back, look into a paging alarm system, hidden kill switches and keep yourself armed. Sadly it is a decision that I and many other S2000 owners have had to make. We will not be victims of auto theft again. Good luck.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:40 AM

Don't they need the chip in the key to start the engine?
Old 12-22-2011, 10:43 AM
THE STIG

I hope you find it quickly and in one piece!!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Never Slow down

They do need the chip key but most of these pros find a way around it, usually by towing it away.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:18 PM

Most of the time from what I have seen it will end up far away from where it was stolen. I will keep an eye out for the parts over in Tampa St Pete area.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:02 PM

Thanks for all the positive feedback, but it's not looking too good. Everyone that doesn't have some protection already, I would highly recommend it. Don't put it off, just make it your first mod. I knew it was a huge risk but kept thinking it would never happen to me, but then I was wrong. Now I have to search for a new car, won't get to keep a car that I would have liked to keep forever, and have to find something that was as fun/entertaining as my S2. Allstate pays me out after 10 days, we're now on day 4....
Old 12-27-2011, 10:30 PM

and this is why everyone knows i keep a .40 cal glock everywhere i go and my acura behind my honda at night

I've been keeping my eye out in Palm Beach/Treasure coast for you, i know most the honda guys up this way and nothing has come up.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:27 PM

GREAT NEWS!!

I was just informed by Davie police that my vehicle has been recovered!! Apparently the only damage was a torn top and ignition. I have to wait until tomorrow morning to go get the car, but it's going straight to my shop to get all the necessary fixes. Thank you all for your support, pictures will be posted soon.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:12 PM

sucks!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Resident Vigilante

Originally Posted by poweredsince85 View Post
GREAT NEWS!!

I was just informed by Davie police that my vehicle has been recovered!! Apparently the only damage was a torn top and ignition. I have to wait until tomorrow morning to go get the car, but it's going straight to my shop to get all the necessary fixes. Thank you all for your support, pictures will be posted soon.
Glad to hear you got her back! I would Throughly and I mean THROUGHLY have your entire drive train gone thru as well, if they took it out for a joy ride they could have driven the guts out of her. Pull the valve cover and have a mechanic who is familiar with the S2000 look her over for cracked valve retainers, change all the fluids and look for metal shavings in the diff etc.
No sense in having something go sideways on you months down the road that may have been related to this theft. let you r insurance know what you want done and stick to your guns!

Oh and get a garage
Old 12-29-2011, 05:00 AM
THE STIG

AWESOME!!! Do s2kx2 said and also invest in a good alarm!!
Old 12-29-2011, 05:05 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

'Any idea how unlikely'diss wuzz'da happen 85?
Yeah . . . like 'blade suggestz: an alarm.
But righd'afda'datt . . buy thee some lottery ticketz!

'Happy for'yuh brutha.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:41 AM
House of CR.

That's good news, now do some research on alarm systems and see about securing that car especially at night.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:20 PM

The car is currently at RAW in Ft Lauderdale, they're taking care of it for me. Seats will be secured, alarm will be set, and I'll have a garage in Dallas when I move back. I'm definitely doing it right this time.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:35 PM
House of CR.

Hope to see you and your car in future meets in Dallas!
Old 01-04-2012, 03:41 AM

That's great news that it was recovered and has not been destroyed, it's a shame that we have to worry about where to park it but it is what it is and we must be aware of that all the time....I'm lucky enough to have a garage where it is safe and well protected by Mr.Smith&Wesson....
Old 01-04-2012, 07:17 AM

I have read a few replys on how you guys protect your cars with your weapon of choice. Here in great state of Massachusetts we have this crazy rule which makes my under the pillow protector somewhat unlawful

Massachusetts gun laws require that all firearms, rifles, and shotguns be stored in a secured, locked container or equipped with a tamper resistant mechanical lock or other safety devices properly engaged as to render the weapon inoperable by unlawful users. Moreover, every firearm and large capacity weapon sold in the Commonwealth must be equipped with a safety device (trigger lock) designed to prevent its discharge by an unauthorized user.

Just wondering if anyone else has any crazy gun laws like this?
Old 01-04-2012, 07:50 AM
THE STIG

Originally Posted by wwaallyy View Post
I have read a few replys on how you guys protect your cars with your weapon of choice. Here in great state of Massachusetts we have this crazy rule which makes my under the pillow protector somewhat unlawful

Massachusetts gun laws require that all firearms, rifles, and shotguns be stored in a secured, locked container or equipped with a tamper resistant mechanical lock or other safety devices properly engaged as to render the weapon inoperable by unlawful users. Moreover, every firearm and large capacity weapon sold in the Commonwealth must be equipped with a safety device (trigger lock) designed to prevent its discharge by an unauthorized user.

I'm sure other states have the same law. Tell the robber to hold on so you unlock your gunsafe and grab some ammo.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:00 AM
House of CR.

We have the Texas castle doctrine here, as do other states, so we are able to defend our homes/vehicles.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:28 AM
official newb

I live 10 minutes south of davie, you just made me more worried than i already was.

glad you got your car back
Old 01-08-2012, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post
We have the Texas castle doctrine here, as do other states, so we are able to defend our homes/vehicles.
man i love texas lol
Old 01-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Don't cross a magic rope!

Originally Posted by wwaallyy View Post

Get a cheap gun safe, so if you ever have to use that "handy" weapon, you can point to the safe and say "Yessir Officer, I got it out of there when I heard that funny noise."

And remember that you warned the intruder before you shot him 15 times.

griffon
Old 01-17-2012, 09:33 AM

Wow, I live in Davie, FL too, now I know theres somebody stealing S2000s, will upgrade the alarm system A.S.A.P, I'm glad that yours got recovered, I just recently bought mine, I posted up the pictures in the new members area.

Enjoy your trip to Texas!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:14 AM

what's your vin #?
Old 01-17-2012, 10:16 AM

nevermind, glad you got it back
Old 02-14-2012, 09:42 PM

Happy you got it back! I also live down here in SF in Coral Springs and i cover mine every night to try to prevent people knowing that there is an s2 in the neighborhood. Most alarms wont do any good cuz they'll just break the glass open the hood and disconnect the battery. Try getting a GPS installed with a kill switch somewhere in the car. These will be the first two things i will get for mine. Best of luck!

BBD
Old 02-16-2012, 04:02 PM
*That One German Chick*

Glad to hear she's back! People can be so stupid at times. You work hard for the S and someone always wants to jack it. UGh.