Wheel Alignments in San Diego - S2000 Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2007, 10:25 PM   #1  
Resident Track Whore :)

Wheel Alignments in San Diego

I wanted to gauge what kind of interest some people might have in getting a really good wheel alignment. The guy that works on my car said he would do alignments on the side for S2000 people. He is a former Honda tech that now works on Porsches.

The price of the alignment is not cheap. It is $200. I had him align my car before I went to Buttonwillow Raceway last August and there was a world of difference in my car. It felt planted like never before and, as an intermediate driver, I was keeping pace in the advanced group with cars on R compound tires while I rode on lowly Bridgestone RE750's. Even my wife felt a difference in the car as a passenger.

I know you can go to Big O Tires and get a lifetime warranty alignment for $160 and take it back as many times as you want. The normal price they charge Porsche people is $300-$400, based on $100/hr and depending on how long it takes. He said he would drop it to $200 for the Honda people.

So, is there anyone interested? He can do about 2 alignments on a Saturday and it will take about 3 hours to do. Let me know and I can set it up.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:42 PM   #2  
Resident Track Whore :)

The guy who had made this offer no longer works at the Porsche shop. Unfortunately, the owner is going through some very tough personal times and his business has suffered tremendously. I don't know how much longer he will be in business. Anyway, thread closed.

Closed Thread