Palomar/Julian Drive, Sat June 12

Old 06-07-2010, 12:46 AM
Resident Track Whore :)

Palomar/Julian Drive, Sat June 12

I should have my car back for next weekend. I have so little seat time in 2010 that I am going to forget how to drive. Just did all kinds of repairs and maintenance, new wheels & tires and still have the 100 octane in the tank from my brief Buttonwillow track day a month ago.

Let's meet up at Deer Springs Rd at 7 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:36 PM

7am. Ouch. Well, if I'm doing this weekend I would definitely need to come down the night before since leaving LA at 4am is not my idea of fun.

I've got one more run left in the set of tires on my car right now so I think I can do this weekend, assuming the rest of the stuff in my world aligns to allow for it.

Keep us posted on your axle sitch.

btw, where is Deer Springs Rd?
Old 06-08-2010, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by RMurphy View Post
7am. Ouch. Well, if I'm doing this weekend I would definitely need to come down the night before since leaving LA at 4am is not my idea of fun.

I've got one more run left in the set of tires on my car right now so I think I can do this weekend, assuming the rest of the stuff in my world aligns to allow for it.

Keep us posted on your axle sitch.

btw, where is Deer Springs Rd?
Sorry...we start at 7 AM because there is less traffic and less enforcement by the time we get to Palomar.

Deer Springs Rd is halfway between the 76 and the 78. We meet at the Arco station parking lot.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:05 AM
Resident Vigilante

Hi Vinny,
Is this a go for this Saturday for sure at 7:00 am at Deer springs and the 15 S? ... I might be able to make it but I may be in the Civic....
Old 06-09-2010, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by s2kx2 View Post
Hi Vinny,
Is this a go for this Saturday for sure at 7:00 am at Deer springs and the 15 S? ... I might be able to make it but I may be in the Civic....
As long as I get my car back before Saturday, it is. I mean, I could show everyone how awesome the PT Cruiser is with me as the driver, and I'm sure I would still have fun, but I'd much rather drive the S.

If you want to ride with me instead of the Civic (like I did with before), you might have a lot of fun. My S is going to have some extras
Old 06-11-2010, 01:03 AM

Call me a wus, but I am going to beg out for this weekend. I'm going to see my friend Mara play a gig in Marina del Rey on Friday night. She's been bugging me for several weeks to come out and I promised her. There is just no way I can do that, make the trip to SD, and make a 7am run Saturday. I wish I could, but I ain't 20 anymore.

However, if we figure on something in July, chances are I'll be in new rubber by then and it will be better for me anyway. Please, please, please count me in for a July run. And I promise I'll be there bright and shiny at 7am rarin' to go.

Julian is so beautiful too. This will be nice when we can put it together. Will we stop at Dudley's?

P.S. Come to think of it, I also need to get snappin' on that shopping list I have for Garage Woolery on the 19th.

Last edited by RMurphy; 06-11-2010 at 01:08 AM. Reason: add post script
Old 06-11-2010, 09:24 AM

Call me a wus, but I am going to beg out for this weekend. I'm going to see my friend Mara play a gig in Marina del Rey on Friday night. She's been bugging me for several weeks to come out and I promised her. There is just no way I can do that, make the trip to SD, and make a 7am run Saturday. I wish I could, but I ain't 20 anymore.

However, if we figure on something in July, chances are I'll be in new rubber by then and it will be better for me anyway. Please, please, please count me in for a July run. And I promise I'll be there bright and shiny at 7am rarin' to go.

Julian is so beautiful too. This will be nice when we can put it together. Will we stop at Dudley's?

P.S. Come to think of it, I also need to get snappin' on that shopping list I have for Garage Woolery on the 19th.
The only stop we make is to eat at the Julian Cafe. i don't even know what Dudley's is.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:10 AM

Dudley's Bakery
30218 Highway 78, Santa Ysabel, CA‎

It's just a bakery that has been there forever with lots of yummy stuff and, as I recall, a large parking lot which makes it good for meeting up with large groups.

Did you get your car back?
Old 06-11-2010, 11:47 PM

Dudley's Bakery
30218 Highway 78, Santa Ysabel, CA‎

It's just a bakery that has been there forever with lots of yummy stuff and, as I recall, a large parking lot which makes it good for meeting up with large groups.

Did you get your car back?
Just got it back at 11:30 PM tonight. Unfortunately, he didn't have time to put the new differential in. I need to order drive shaft bolts because 3 of mine are slightly rounded from the last time he took them out and I need to replace those if he takes them out again.