Navigation - S2000 Forums

Off-Topic Forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into one of the other forums.

Navigation

Old 12-18-2017, 10:30 AM

Navigation

Hi, latest navigation update here latestsatnav co uk
Old 12-18-2017, 03:52 PM
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

I will check it against my paper maps.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:49 PM
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

Speaking of one person navigation:

May 31, 2018

Help Keep Two Pilots in the Cockpit

The current House-passed FAA reauthorization bill, H.R. 4, includes a provision to take pilots out of the cockpit and develop a program of single-piloted commercial operations. This effort poses significant aviation risks and undermines the safety of air transportation. Protect the safety of our skies and your career by participating in ALPA's new Call to Action!

Airline aircraft are designed for more than one pilot on the flight deck because safety and operations require it. A minimum two-person flight crew is necessary to manage the flight deck workload and protect against the potential incapacitation of one pilot. Placing a second crewmember in a remote location would jeopardize the quality of crew resource management and crew coordination. It would also put the lives of people on the aircraft—and on the ground—at great risk.

The Senate is currently considering its version of the FAA reauthorization bill. We must ensure that Congress makes the right decision and removes this dangerous provision before any bill passes the Senate. This is a new Call to Action, and your help is needed now to protect aviation safety and our careers.Take Action Now
Old 06-01-2018, 06:06 PM
EYECELLEM

Don't need updates for the UK
Old 06-28-2018, 10:18 AM
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

I don't drive my S very much in the UK, LOL, but I do rent cars there and in Europe several times a year. I use a TomTomVia 1605 for getting around off the beaten path in my S. I have a universal "T" mount for my phone and/or GPS (also goes on the windshield) for the S and I take it to Europe all the time. In addition I use a Bad Elf (for flying too) with maps on my iPad for inclose nav. Really helped in Ireland when one lane dirt lanes are roads.