Off-Topic Forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into one of the other forums.

Is it time?

Old 09-06-2014, 09:54 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Is it time?

Since JJ left, S2000.com has developed a severe case of lethargy with serious comatosity. Is it time to put S2000.com out of it's misery? Has it become stale-dated and is it on life-support?

I have no idea why you can't create a poll here, but there's no provision for it...so....what's the verdict members of the S2000.com public?
Old 09-06-2014, 10:44 AM
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

No its not time to do anything. Speaking for myself, I come and go in work and tend to delay between posts. I just downloaded my camera pics from my trip to Death Valley and top insulation install, getting ready to post that.

This forum seems to be a little "older and wiser" than the other forums. I like that I don't have to pay to see the joke or political posts.

Things cycle through. The OldMotorHeads.freeforums.org (hangout of JJ) went through a similar period after JJ died. It comes and goes like the tide. I don't watch TV and after the email stuff I kinda like taking a look and see what is up here. Some pretty knowledgable people here. Its fun to see them across the spectrum of forums. I like the varied personalities and backgrounds with a common theme of a particular car's ownership.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:36 AM
EYECELLEM

No, we need to keep S2k.com going. It's just hard to find things to talk about on a car that's been out of production for 5 years now. But, it's still a car forum and we could talk about cars in general. The people here are more mature (older?) than the kids that hang out at most car forums (will these led's look good, how low should I go, etc) and the conversations for the most part are intelligent. So, don't pull the plug.

Btw, how low should I drop my Cayman?

Last edited by Glenn1; 09-06-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:40 AM
just havin' fun

This is still my favorite forum.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:27 PM

I agree with all of the above, well, except for the first post. I don't post a lot, but I do drop in and regularly to see what is here. For sure some of the prolific posters are not participating like they used to, but many are obviously observing because the chime in when they have something to contribute. The regular people now are, as noted above older and wiser. I am not interested in any of the extreme mods discussed other places. The jokes, politics and informal personal views on thing in general are quite entertaining and oh ya, there is that car thing too.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:14 PM

Hello every1. Please let's not start this again. It's been a long and still hot summer here in the northeast. Things will get going as soon as we have to store away (don't even want to think about it). Gotta go, baby girl wants to go for a top down night ride to the beach.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:22 PM
"Enjoy the drive"

Yes.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:44 AM
normal aspiration

Originally Posted by kgf3076 View Post
Is it time to put S2000.coma out of it's misery?

You has this power?
Old 09-07-2014, 05:47 AM

While I go to s2k.com I prefer this site for the same reason many of you above do. For years I was a Datsun Z owner and we had a very active site because the cars were older, more modified, and not as valuable, hence more abused, than ours. For the most part our cars are dead reliable and with most of us being older we are not into making radical changes to the car.
Honestly, I am considering selling stewie. Where I live owning a car like this is pointless. We have zero curvy roads, zero hills, and VERY aggressive law enforcement. So my weekly driving consists of runs over to the beach or a buddies place to BS. I may put 10-12miles a week on it max. Sad thing is I love the car and it's perfect, but it sits in the garage 99.99% of any given week.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:17 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Originally Posted by bbcricketta View Post
You has this power?
Nope, just a question. Dwindling membership, fewer and fewer posts, less and less interaction. This puppy appears to be on (fast fading) life-support. This was the first S2000 group I joined when I got my '04 NFR. From the looks of things, it's run it's course (along with another S2000 board I could name).
Old 09-07-2014, 07:46 AM

Even though I am not a big contributor, I still frequent this site. ( maybe I'm the strong silent type) joke.
I have enjoyed many of the posts here and have received tremendous advice over the years, also I noticed that many of the other forums seem to be a younger crowd who are more interested in mods and tracking, not my kinda thing
If it takes lots of posts then I will be here more often and make myself heard

Cheers
Old 09-07-2014, 07:53 AM
Never Slow down

No way! I love this forum and my best day is when a new member joins and is all pumped about their new Honda. Things go in cycles and it will pick up again.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:00 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I love seeing BB butts and breasts!
Old 09-07-2014, 11:01 AM
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

Originally Posted by chazdawg35 View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I love seeing BB butts and breasts!
Old 09-07-2014, 02:27 PM

I don't post or visit any of the forums as much as I once did but this is the one that I visit most frequently. However, of all of the forums this is clearly the most mature, most respectful and happiest of them with the S2KCA forum running slightly behind.

So, I sincerely hope that it's not the time to close the doors.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:07 PM
Party Rock Crew

I quit posting regularly quite some time ago, I do stop in and look around from time to time. I think it was a little bit too mature as well as "older and wiser" for my taste. I guess it was more of a social forum for folks who have similar cars...
So my vote is yes, it is time.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:34 AM
THE STIG

I have noticed this as well but would hate to see it go.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:40 AM

I think it would take care of itself. If people don't find value here they will quit visiting/posting. I would hope it would stick around just for the wealth of information that is included in these threads.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Top Always Down

I don't come here much because my chiropractic practice is so busy, but I still check in every now and then. I say keep it going.

Like my new avatar?

BTW, miss you Jack.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:20 PM
just havin' fun

Originally Posted by Dr. Jimbo View Post
I don't come here much because my chiropractic practice is so busy, but I still check in every now and then. I say keep it going.

Like my new avatar?

BTW, miss you Jack.
Love it Dr. J
Old 09-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Top Always Down

Thanks WW.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:10 AM
normal aspiration

i think it is a little early to pull the plug on S2000.coma. every now and then there is a resurgence of brain wave activity. the old forum will die a natural death when the time comes--when the ad revenue falls off and makes it unprofitable for the mysterious owners.

there was a time when the coma was a lot of fun...yes, there was a time...

Old 09-09-2014, 08:06 AM
THE STIG

Nice Doc!
Old 09-09-2014, 09:37 AM

Hey guys, I'm back. This is former member agski who lost his privileges because he lost his password and those mysterious administrators completely ignored my attempts to resurrect my former user name. So I'll start all over again. I hope this site doesn't go away , it is my favorite S2000 site and the one I most frequent. The personalities on this site are worth keeping in touch with. But that's only my 2 cents.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:00 AM
S2000.com Sponsor

internet brands would never let this site die. i have been busy at work, busy with the new house, busy going on vacation. the s2k doesn't even get washed regularly but i try to make it a point to drop in and see if anything new has been posted.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:57 PM
Bug Zapper

It seems one of these threads pops up about once a year. Kind of weird that Internet Brands would choose to keep this site around after the acquisition of s2ki but as someone else pointed out they are quite mysterious.

Do I think it is time for it to go? Not really, its not hurting anyone for it to exist, I doubt it costs anything to maintain. Maybe they are holding on in case there is a new s2000 released in 2020!
Old 09-10-2014, 07:06 AM
THE STIG

Originally Posted by agskin View Post
Hey guys, I'm back. This is former member agski who lost his privileges because he lost his password and those mysterious administrators completely ignored my attempts to resurrect my former user name. So I'll start all over again. I hope this site doesn't go away , it is my favorite S2000 site and the one I most frequent. The personalities on this site are worth keeping in touch with. But that's only my 2 cents.

I'll see if I can contact them and help you out.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:49 AM

Nope.....it's not time. This site is like an older smart-*** uncle.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:06 AM
normal aspiration

i offer for your consideration the following quote taken from the front page of S2000.coma today:

"Most users ever online was 269, 07-10-2014 at 12:40 PM."

this must say something. this, too, says something:

Old 09-11-2014, 10:34 AM
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

Originally Posted by bbcricketta View Post
i offer for your consideration the following quote taken from the front page of S2000.coma today:

"Most users ever online was 269, 07-10-2014 at 12:40 PM."

this must say something. this, too, says something:

That Micky Downs. I used to date her.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:38 AM
normal aspiration

Originally Posted by cosmomiller View Post
That Micky Downs. I used to date her.
not that micky downs--this micky downs:

https://www.facebook.com/micky.downs
Old 09-11-2014, 05:29 PM

Oh YEA!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2014, 07:59 PM

Hey Everybody -

Please don't pull the plug on this site! Like many of you I don't contribute much but I do login almost every day to check on what's happening. This site has been invaluable for technical and practical information and I for one would sorely miss you guys and all your help.

S2000 Bob
Old 09-11-2014, 09:48 PM

I haven't posted in quite some time but I do scope things out on a regular basis. I too like the forum and would be disappointed to see it go.

Plus we have to keep it in honor of JJ !
Old 03-14-2016, 02:42 PM
EYECELLEM

How do we breathe life into this forum? Did we turn away posters by criticizing the quality of their post?

I'm on the Miata.com forum (yes, I now drive a ND Miata, Honda pls take note) and you guys wouldn't believe the amount of life in that forum. And, you won't believe the stuff you read there. But for the most part no one is severely criticized....is there a lesson to be learned here?
Old 03-14-2016, 02:51 PM
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

Originally Posted by Glenn1 View Post
How do we breathe life into this forum? Did we turn away posters by criticizing the quality of their post?

I'm on the Miata.com forum (yes, I now drive a ND Miata, Honda pls take note) and you guys wouldn't believe the amount of life in that forum. And, you won't believe the stuff you read there. But for the most part no one is severely criticized....is there a lesson to be learned here?
I wonder if some of the political aspects of occasional posts have soured a few folks from checking this. Do you think we need additional forum subject headings to keep things from getting mixed up? I find it hard to think so many are no longer driving the S anymore.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:23 PM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Originally Posted by cosmomiller View Post
I wonder if some of the political aspects of occasional posts have soured a few folks from checking this.
^ This.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:00 PM
Top Always Down

I've been so busy that I haven't been here much. I have time now cuz I'm having a cold beer at the brewery. Don't pull the plug!

Hey S2000 Bob, I haven't seen you on the road lately.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:28 AM
THE STIG

I can try and contact admin. and see if we can have a forum dedicated to posts of a political nature or we can have people put in parentheses (political) in the thread title.
Thoughts??
Old 03-15-2016, 09:36 AM

Politically speaking in todays world we are so polarized that anything we post is going to **** off someone else. Seems that there are few middle of the roaders today and each side cannot believe that the other side is so freakin stupid, blind, ignorant, clueless, etc,etc. Just realize if we start a political side to the forum we probably need to add a profanity filter.

When I get to work every morning the first places I go to are my CBX site and then here. Like a bunch of you have mentioned we tend to be older and not as destructive of our cars as the people on the other major S2000 site. That may be one of the problems too, these cars are pretty much bulletproof when cared for and driven within reason. When I was into first gen Datsun Z's everything we talked about was maintenance/performance related. But what goes wrong on these S2000's?? Not much. Few of us here do wild builds, we enjoy the cars when we can and within reason. One of my complaints with the car is I have little to nothing to tinker with.
Sad to say but I shot the pictures the other day to sell it. Time for a new toy, don't have clue one yet what it will be but oddly enough I don't want something so modern and perfect. Leaning toward retracing my youth and my first sports car, a 68 Vette.
However, I will still stick my head in here daily because I have grown fond of most of you and I would miss curmudgeonly KGF and Cos (even though he IS Navy).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is it time?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.