Off-Topic Forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into one of the other forums.

Wordz @*#&in' Fail Me

Old 01-03-2012, 04:09 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Wordz @*#&in' Fail Me

http://youtu.be/tQ1EFgEuafE

In'da wordz'a'da immordal Ezdahauz: "Let'z be careful out there."
Old 01-03-2012, 05:01 AM
normal aspiration

Originally Posted by Java Junky View Post
http://youtu.be/tQ1EFgEuafE

In'da wordz'a'da immordal Ezdahauz: "Let'z be careful out there."
nice humor...how does one miss with a 12 gauge at that range? pump action shotgun that does not cycle a round. shotgun that goes off without pulling the trigger. idjit that stares down the muzzle of his shotgun. shotgun doesn't sound loud enough. this ain't bb's 870. grimm's...woids fails me 2.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:12 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

'Unnastan'yuh wantin'a believe'att nobody'z'att stoopid beeb. 'Truly doo.
Budd'att 'peerz'da be fer real.
Walmartianz doo exis' outside'a Walmart. 'N'ey're obviously armed (dough . . I'm nodd'zackly sure who'z more in danger'a'datt armin'.)
Old 01-03-2012, 05:16 AM
normal aspiration

ain't sayin' it couldn't happen. i understand there are some firearms out there that "...just go off..." with out pullin' the trigger. it's like ghosts and ufos though: i just ain't never seen 'em.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:29 AM
THE STIG

Old 01-03-2012, 09:28 AM
House of CR.

Sounds like a low base 20 gauge in the video of the "Darwin award" winner.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Bug Zapper

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post
Sounds like a low base 20 gauge in the video of the "Darwin award" winner.
Unfortunately it looks like he was just a "runner up". Lucky sombitch.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Mr. Riley Wilson

Sure looks like a setup. First they show the gun shooting the cans, then it doesn't go off, then he decides to look down the barrel and it mysteriously goes off?????????? All captured on video? Why would someone be videoing Elmer Fudd shooting cans?

Then we see the hole in the hat. Really now. If it is true, I know that I've done some pretty stupid things in my past that I managed to walk away from, totally paniced as to what a close call I just had! Thinking what a bozo I was!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:49 PM

I really thought I was about to see someone blow their own danged head off.

I have no idea if it's a fake, but I definitely would not say that the set up seemed too staged. People video themselves doing all sorts of stuff and most of it is boring. The thought that this guy set up his video camera on a tripod to tape himself shooting bottles doesn't seem too outlandish to me. When I go on a drive and have the video camera mounted on the windshield, I turn it on and forget about it. In the end, I have a few hours of driving footage that is mostly useless and about 90% gets deleted (especially the footage of me waiting at the stop sign for the tail end of the group to catch up). But during that time, anything can happen and who knows what I could end up recording. Usually it's small flies checking out the yellow car. None of them have shotguns.

Disclaimer: I've never owned, fired, or so much as held a gun or a shotgun for that matter. Don't know thing one about what happens if they go "click" when one expects them to go "bang" but I definitely wouldn't look down the barrel of anything I know was/is loaded.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:54 PM

at least he was wearing his optic orange vest.

makes it easier for the authorities to find his body in the woods.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Bug Zapper

Originally Posted by jagg View Post

Yeah he wouldnt want to get shot accidentally.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:34 PM
THE STIG

makes it easier for the authorities to find his body in the woods.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:48 PM
normal aspiration

Originally Posted by RMurphy View Post

Disclaimer: I've never owned, fired, or so much as held a gun or a shotgun for that matter. Don't know thing one about what happens if they go "click" when one expects them to go "bang" but I definitely wouldn't look down the barrel of anything I know was/is loaded.
you never wanna look down the bidness end of any firearm except when you are cleaning it and the action is open and the safety is on. when you are out shooting it, nothing coming out of the barrel is anything you would want to see, and if anything does come out of the barrel, it is probably going to be the last thing you see.

this is a fake; no powder burns on his face or hat; looks like the exit wound is on the inside of the cap and the entrance wound on the top side; no crap in his pants.

jagg may have more firearms safety training than me, but i bet most of the rest of you'uns ain't. common sense mostly, but it is important to have it pounded into your head.

i has shot shotgun before; not long ago. i could right now as it is in the corner ready to go. shooting shotgun is very much fun.

it looks like he is wearing a mae west, not a hunting vest. it is yellow. down here, we are mandated to wear hunter orange.

don't need a vest of any color to plink, but it is a good idea to wear orange if you are going to be in the woods for any reason during hunting season.

kate beaver

this is real

Last edited by bbcricketta; 01-03-2012 at 02:11 PM. Reason: picking up brass...
Old 01-03-2012, 02:42 PM
EYECELLEM

I'm leaning towards thinking this was real. He didn't go out of his way to make sure he was safe (which he would have done if this was staged), i.e., cautiously moving his head to the side so he wouldn't get shot and the entry was from under the bill and exit was on the upper part of the bill from the looks of it. dumb!!
Old 01-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

'Godda'admit'att'I'm mos'ly pissed (like Murph) 'att'da a$$hole din'get blown away.
(Budd'I also godda'admit'att, while'I doan'gree widd'all'a'da beebster'z evidence . . 'ee'z right.)
Old 01-03-2012, 05:13 PM

The thing that got me was his reaction. Been awhile since I've lived anywhere that resembled cracker country, but I don't think country hicks are good enough actors to be able to fake that reaction of flinging his head (and body) back at exactly the right time after his hat got blown off. I mean, there was just enough lag that it's clear he wasn't anticipating it.

But you know... it's amazing what people can do with software and some camera work. I remain skeptical but could believe either way. HA! I guess that makes me agnostic.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:30 PM
normal aspiration

rack, fire, rack, eject, fire, rack, eject, click, rack, click--you really think there is a round in the pipe at this point? you really think it went off without the trigger being pulled? two rounds loaded total. shooter shoulda known this. why would you look down the muzzle if you knew there was another shell in the gun? you can't see nothin' no way. fake, fake, fake...a zapruder film...anybody think this is real?

justin beaver

whadda 'bout this?

easy to move pixels around. anyway, this is still the internet.

my work is done here.

bb

as for flinging his head...really kinda hard to dodge bullets...you folks seen too many movies.

and crackers...got more redneck sense than to poke nose down the barrel. might not have no teeth, not wear no shoes, and an 8th grade equivalency diploma, but we know guns. at the weddin' altar, when future daddy-in-law is pointin' the shotgun, bubba knows enough to say, "i do." damn, rose, and i thought you lived here for four years.

Last edited by bbcricketta; 01-03-2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: pulling targets.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Senior Member, Literally

Seen more than one guy killed by an unloaded gun. There was one that carried a piece in his back pocket. He took it out and laid it on the sink. The gun fired in to the sink, the bullet skated around and through his head. They found the fired round in the bath tub.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:29 AM
normal aspiration

a lot of people been killed by them unloaded guns. empty weapons. the gun shoot itself? i done said that people say it happens but it is like ghosts and ufos. they say they is there but i ain't never seen one. now the remington 700 is a whole different ball of wax: The Remington Model 700 bolt-action rifle has a long history of misfiring without the trigger even being touched.

from wiki:

Misfiring Controversy
On 20 October 2010, CNBC televised a program, Remington Under Fire: a CNBC Investigation, reporting that the trigger mechanism used prior to 2007 on the model 700 could fire without the trigger being squeezed. The report stated that Remington has received thousands of customer complaints since the firing mechanism was introduced in the 1940s, and that nearly two dozen deaths and hundreds of injuries had been attributed to inadvertent discharges of 700 series rifles. Through internal Remington documents, the program showed that on multiple occasions, the company considered recalling the product. The inventor of the firing mechanism, Merle "Mike" Walker, now 98 years old, told CNBC he proposed what he called a safer trigger in 1948 while the product was still in the testing stage. Walker said his enhanced design was rejected because of the added cost, 5 1/2 cents per gun. Critics of the documentary countered that every incident featured on the program involving loss of life was the result of firearms mishandling where owners pointed their rifles at other human beings. Remington responded with the website Remington Model 700 Network which gives direct rebuttals to the program, and the context to the incidents the program makes claims apart. Remington dismisses the allegations, pointing out that in every case either trigger mechanisms of the rifles were adjusted or altered beyond recommended specifications, rifles were poorly maintained and left to rust, or the misuser of the rifle admitted to police they might "possibly" have pulled the trigger. Though Remington has since changed to a new, cheaper, trigger mechanism design, the original Walker trigger continues in production to meet the needs of the US military and buyers of custom rifles.

guns are made for killing. can't argue with that. cars are deadly weapons too. a person doesn't need much training to get a driving license and be ready to kill somebody on the road. happens every dadgum day.

if you gonna shoot guns or drive cars, please be careful.

ok, now i'm through here.

bb
Old 01-04-2012, 07:23 AM

the footage doesn't look particularly real to me......

yet, any dummy willing to shoot at the ground from three paces away might just be dumb enough to eyeball the wrong end of a shotgun with a round in it.

we don't have crackers where I live, so I can't really speak on that particular aspect of gun ownership.

I can say this.......you start them out young. you give them the fear of what firearms are really all about and what bullets do to things that were alive just a minute ago, as opposed to what folks are exposed to via television, and you are off to a good start. Like BB says....you've gotta drill it into their heads till they know, then you drill them some more.

Once your trainee has learned, then you work on teaching them how to get the guts out of stuff without ruining the meat.

Yonderlandians- 1. Crackers- 0.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:36 AM
Bug Zapper

Beebs, I dont ever wanna see a bieber face on another hottie again. Evidence or not, it just aint right.

Also, hes canadian. Jus sayin.

No offense meant to canadians. I just want people to know he aint ours.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Yo!
Iosh!
Most whiskey made'in North America comez from Canadia.
Ma-a-a-a-a-a-aybe . . itt'z jus' alleged'att'da guy'z Canadian.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:03 AM

Beebs, Beiber........anybody else seeing a connection ?
Old 01-04-2012, 10:48 AM
THE STIG

Beebs, Beiber........anybody else seeing a connection ?
LOL!
Old 01-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Bug Zapper

And all of the whiskey consumned in the Iosh house comes from Kentucky. You can keep your crown royal and seagrams to yourself, Canada. Now, could you please pass the maple syrup.

Last edited by Marioshi; 01-04-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:19 PM
THE STIG

Originally Posted by Marioshi View Post
And all of the whiskey consumned in the Iosh house comes from Kentucky. You can keep your crown royal and seagrams to yourself, Canada. Now, could you please pass the maple syrup.

Or Tennessee...

Old 01-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

'N, Iosh?
"Fugly"z'a relative term.
Dingz could alwayz be worse.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Bug Zapper

Your are a true master of your craft JJ.

And you are right. amount of fuglyz is exactly relative to how much whiskey (american or canadian) one has downed.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by bbcricketta View Post
ok, now i'm through here.

bb
Now there's a statement about which I am dubious.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:00 PM

Nice JJ.......... I'd hit that.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Y'know how, when'yuh laugh, anydin'yuh're drinkin' jus' comez all'ou'cher noze?
Dankz Jaggster.
I'll clean'da keyboard'n monitor bedda in'da mornin'.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:34 AM
THE STIG

Originally Posted by Java Junky View Post
Y'know how, when'yuh laugh, anydin'yuh're drinkin' jus' comez all'ou'cher noze?
Dankz Jaggster.
I'll clean'da keyboard'n monitor bedda in'da mornin'.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:09 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Yer'all @*#&in' twisted.