North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

NE Members

Old 11-13-2007, 05:10 PM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Come join us in Charlottesville, VA this Saturday. Lots of twisties, lots of mountains, lots of beautiful scenery, lots of great S2000 people followed by barbecue, wine, pizza, beer and S2000 talk.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:58 PM

Whats up everyone, Im from westchester, Ny.
Got an 07 Laguna Blue Pearl, looking to make some mods, any suggestions on what got the most bang for the buck spent?

Thanks guys, I look forward to hearing back.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:18 PM

Toronto, Canada.
That far enough North East?
Be nice to hear from anyone else up in my neck of the woods
Old 11-23-2007, 05:49 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

The banana belt and home of Yonge and Bloor...how's traffic on the QEW? Welcome to the madness...pull up a chair and make yourself to home....(I lived in Ottawa, Montreal, and Moncton)
Old 11-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Sentient Being

Hey WC......A Long Islander here.......lookin' for an excuse to drive Stewie somewhere. Breakfast at some greasy spoon would be fine. There's some nice twisties on the roads near Harriman St. Park. Maybe Java from Joisey could join us and any others that may be local.

Regards
Pablo
Old 11-29-2007, 08:38 AM

Smile new owner

hey everone I am from watertown ct
Old 11-29-2007, 08:40 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Hey WC......A Long Islander here.......lookin' for an excuse to drive Stewie somewhere. Breakfast at some greasy spoon would be fine. There's some nice twisties on the roads near Harriman St. Park. Maybe Java from Joisey could join us and any others that may be local.

Regards
Pablo
Go up to the traffic circle in Harriman and go 270 degrees and take the road that goes down by the reservoir, it's one nice twisty road.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:03 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

You thinkin' 'bout somethin' local Pablo, 'r headin' up to Conn. 'r somethin'?
If it's jus' ta put faces with the avatars we wouldn't even godda seek out twisties, but, given a choice I like greasy-spoons whut're kind'a oud'a the way.
But, we're open 24 hours for suggestions.
(I'll show up in a WWII leather, floppy-earred pilot's helmet if everybody else does. N' I can jus' see Jagg postin' pictures'uv us all'z we get shoved into the paddy-wagon 'r long-sleeved jsckets.)
Be well,
Java
Old 11-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Sentient Being

It would be nice to the face behind the avatar, combined with a nice ride is even better. I'd sure like to see and hear some other stewies, and chat about some stuff I'm think about doing to mine. It's a bit easier than all this typin'. I know a little bit of CT especially the Kent area and Cornwall areas. I also know there are some nice spots in Sussex NJ and RT 6 in PA is a nice ride. I spend a lot of time in the Bear Mountain/ Harriman Park area some nice roads there. The Town of Cold Spring is near by and has some nice sights and decent places to eat.

I'm open to suggestions. I figure about a 2 hr max one way would be cool.

Best regards
Pablo
Old 11-29-2007, 03:24 PM
H20

I'm up for heading west, or south or any other direction this weekend. Long as it's not raining.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Sentient Being

I'm booked on Sat., which looks to be a very nice day, Sunday looks like CRUD.....Can we try for 12/8 or 12/9? unless some of you are foot loose and fancy free......and can meet during the week ....or you guys could have a spectacular day this Sat with out me.......
Old 11-30-2007, 02:17 AM
H20

I'm booked on Sat., which looks to be a very nice day, Sunday looks like CRUD.....Can we try for 12/8 or 12/9? unless some of you are foot loose and fancy free......and can meet during the week ....or you guys could have a spectacular day this Sat with out me.......
I'm off today.Got car.Got gas.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:55 AM

Exclamation

Watertown CT
new member too !!!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Bigo . . how'd'ja slip in here on us?
'Never even noticed ya run an intro (It ain't mandatory 'r nothin', jus' gives the guys a chance ta roast ya right n' proper)
Watertown eh?
Not for nothin' guys, but it sounds like we've the fixin's for a damned good sized sphere'a influence in which ta pick spots for a cuppa. Okay, meet-n'-greets too, bu'cha know the coffee comes first.
Be well,
Java
Old 11-30-2007, 01:34 PM
H20

Originally Posted by BIGOS2000 View Post
Watertown CT
new member too !!!!!
New car owner? Got my 07 in late september. My birthday to be precise. Welcome.
I just sprayed some undercoating under my car today. What a radical difference. Seeing spots though. 15 bucks. Whodathought.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Sentient Being

Originally Posted by Java Junky View Post
Okay, meet-n'-greets too, bu'cha know the coffee comes first.
What? NO herbal tea Java??

CT here we come..........

Regards
Pablo
Old 12-01-2007, 04:40 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Originally Posted by H20 View Post
New car owner? Got my 07 in late september. My birthday to be precise. Welcome.
I just sprayed some undercoating under my car today. What a radical difference. Seeing spots though. 15 bucks. Whodathought.
why did you do that? Honda already has undercoating applied. Anything you apply will only trap water and other crud and keep it nice and close to the body...
Old 12-01-2007, 06:29 AM
H20

Originally Posted by kgf3076 View Post
why did you do that? Honda already has undercoating applied. Anything you apply will only trap water and other crud and keep it nice and close to the body...
I doubt it. It's much quieter. FAR less road noise. Much more enjoyable for me. Key word "me".
All I hear now is sweet exaust note.
I don't drive her in the rain. I don't drive her in the snow. I think she will be fine. Most everything I spritzed was plastic anyway. Dampened the racket. Less "pebble hitting underpart" noise too. That drove me crazy. I may strip the cockpit and use sound deadening paint as well sometime. And don't tell me I bought the wrong car.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:12 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Originally Posted by H20 View Post
I doubt it. It's much quieter. FAR less road noise. Much more enjoyable for me. Key word "me".
All I hear now is sweet exaust note.
I don't drive her in the rain. I don't drive her in the snow. I think she will be fine. Most everything I spritzed was plastic anyway. Dampened the racket. Less "pebble hitting underpart" noise too. That drove me crazy. I may strip the cockpit and use sound deadening paint as well sometime. And don't tell me I bought the wrong car.
As long as you're happy, that's all that counts...you're not doing anything to my car......just adding weight to yours (but I've seen a sound-deadening kit for S2k's....now if I could remember where, I'd let you know..does the trunk and the interior)...I don't drive in the snow either but rain can't be helped sometimes. I do enough meets and drives that running into rain is almost inevitable.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:27 AM
H20

As long as you're happy, that's all that counts...you're not doing anything to my car......just adding weight to yours (but I've seen a sound-deadening kit for S2k's....now if I could remember where, I'd let you know..does the trunk and the interior)...I don't drive in the snow either but rain can't be helped sometimes. I do enough meets and drives that running into rain is almost inevitable.
I appreciate that you understand ownership comes with entitlement. I will live with the 3 pounds minus propellant that evaporates away. I use the rubberized paintable type applied to an already quite rustproof car. Just this minute back from a top up buzz around town. Stock stereo playing much lower and nicely audible, like having headphones on. Well..kinda.
FWIW I have no desire to work on your car and I knew I would get some hazing over this. Look me up in 20 years and we compare notes.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:53 PM

New Owner from CT

Hi,
I live in Meriden CT and have just joined the forum. My husband just bought me the car of my dreams. It is a 2005, silver with black interior, it it like brand new a beauty. This is the best Christmas ever!
Old 12-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Sentient Being

Hey Joyce....another '05 owner here. The guys around here have told me that 05's are the fastest of the breed.........in any color....

It's real nice to have a woman on the board! Welcome!

Oh, and before I forget, did you find the secret compartment yet?

Regards
Pablo
Old 12-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Sentient Being

H20.......I noticed your avatar......whatch ya sailin' there buddy? Another sailor here.......last ride was a Tartan 33........sorry for bein' a bit off topic fellas, oh, and ladies now too! I'll try to refrain from it in the future.

Regards to all
Pablo
Old 12-08-2007, 01:39 AM
H20

H20.......I noticed your avatar......whatch ya sailin' there buddy? Another sailor here.......last ride was a Tartan 33........sorry for bein' a bit off topic fellas, oh, and ladies now too! I'll try to refrain from it in the future.

Regards to all
Pablo
Pablo
Thats my Tartan28. We sail her out of Milford. I'm a Tartan lover. That was me testing my new kite in the pic. Figured that would shake some sailors out of the trees. Hey PJ is our second home. Ya boat pics are way off topic but this won't take long. That's the old kite BTW.
Name:  Spirit101.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  37.5 KB

Last edited by H20; 12-08-2007 at 02:18 AM.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:59 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

More sailors, sheesh!
Water'z wet ('thought you guy'z'd appreciate that one) Stewie'z got secret compartments n' threads morph. Off-topic happens.
Like Kermit says: "it's jus' the way'a things".
Old 12-08-2007, 05:29 AM

In the immortal words of Ted Kennedy....."I'm an excellent swimmer."

nice boat, pretty.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:35 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Great! Now he's startin' ta sound like Shrek's Mungo the gingerbread man!
Old 12-16-2007, 12:48 PM

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for the welcome. Yes I think that I have found the secret compartment. I enjoy reading the messages, you all sound like a fun group, and from what read helpful too.---Joyce

Last edited by Java Junky; 01-06-2008 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Protector of Site Secrets
Old 12-16-2007, 12:51 PM

Hi H2O,

Why do you love tartan? Are you Scottish? Do you play in a Pipe Band? Do you wear a kilt? Just curious, I was born and grew up in Scotland, I teach Scottish Country Dancing. I hope this is not too personal for a forum. Reply if you are comfortable with this line of questioning.-----Joyce
Old 12-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Sentient Being

Hey Joyce

Glad you found the "secret compartment".....LOl........some one said there is another one too.......I haven't found that one yet........could it be that someone is "pulling my leg"?
NAHHH, IMPOSSIBLE!

Sorry Guys, OFF TOPIC again..........Why do H2O and I love Tartans...no, I'm not Scottish, and don't wear a kilt....

Well maybe it's not so off topic after all......LOL Tartans are one of the finest "production" sailboats made. The name has been around since the mid 60's. (all be it under various owners) Their boats are FAST, COMFORTABLE, STRONG and handle in an EXEMPLARY manner. Is it any wonder that we who love STEWIE also love Tartans?
Hope this helps Joyce, and my apologies again for talking boats instead of cars

Regards to all and best wishes for a great holiday season

Pablo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	magic.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	456  

Last edited by Pablo; 12-16-2007 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:22 PM

Pablo and H2O

Since this is off topic, I will keep it short, that is a lovely boat. I think that S2K owners have really good taste, in cars and boats!---J
Old 01-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Laguna Blue Pearl

Hey guys, what's up?

Philadelphia PA here.

I don't have an S2000 "yet".But plan on fixing that ASAP.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:01 AM
H20

Originally Posted by Joyce View Post
Pablo and H2O

Since this is off topic, I will keep it short, that is a lovely boat. I think that S2K owners have really good taste, in cars and boats!---J
Joyce!! A belated thanks!. Kilts huh.. I wonder if I could get in my car with a kilt on. Hmmm..
Aye the pipes....couldnt fit em in the bloody boot!
Old 01-07-2008, 03:20 PM

Men in Kilts, the only thing better would be a man in a kilt in a S2K. It is a very interesting thought, special care would be needed getting in and out of the car. I do think that a set of bagpipes would fit in the trunk, but there wouldn't be much room left over. --------------J
Old 01-25-2008, 04:51 PM

You mean that nobody from the northeast is a member here? No New Jersey people? No one from NY? Wow! That's totally unbelievable.
south jersey here!
Old 01-25-2008, 07:44 PM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Originally Posted by ronnycage View Post
south jersey here!
Cool! Where (and don't say Red Bank...nobody lives in Red Bank...isn't that right, JJ?)
Old 01-25-2008, 08:30 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Dunno from Red Bank kg. But all'a burgz here'bouts're veyin' fer city status population-wize, so I'd imagine that there'z at least a few Red Bankerz out there toolin' 'roun'.
N' I can't imagine that none'uv'em're toolin' 'roun' in Stewiez. 'Figger they jus' ain't foun' their way ta the site yet.
Yo! Red Bank! Gimme voice . . . . . . 'r whatever'iss is.
Java
Old 01-26-2008, 12:48 AM
Senior Member, Literally

Count Basie did a great tune called "The Kid From Red Bank" cause that's where he was from.

More trivia from a trivial mind.

Remind me to tell you sometime about me and the N.J. turnpike. One of my stupider moves.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:50 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

'Sorry Phil, but I godda pull ya on that one.
Count Basie n' the word trivial r' not legally allowed in the same paragraph 'r in the same post. Not in Joisey n' not nowhere else'at I know of either.
Wouldst our elder statesman have a taste fer things Big-Band, wouldst'ee?
The Count Basie Theater'z in Red Bank n' the scene'a many'a good night'z entertainment with musical variety'a many styles.
'Godda admit that this particular ol' dawg'z shadder'z crossed the threshold'a that establishment on many'an occasion fer many'an enjoyable evenin'.
'Can't dis a town whut wuz home to a legend like 'Basie.

So Phil . . . . 'at wuz you on our lovely Turnpike?
Be well,
Java
Old 01-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Senior Member, Literally

Originally Posted by Java Junky View Post
'Sorry Phil, but I godda pull ya on that one.
Count Basie n' the word trivial r' not legally allowed in the same paragraph 'r in the same post. Not in Joisey n' not nowhere else'at I know of either.
Wouldst our elder statesman have a taste fer things Big-Band, wouldst'ee?
The Count Basie Theater'z in Red Bank n' the scene'a many'a good night'z entertainment with musical variety'a many styles.
'Godda admit that this particular ol' dawg'z shadder'z crossed the threshold'a that establishment on many'an occasion fer many'an enjoyable evenin'.
'Can't dis a town whut wuz home to a legend like 'Basie.

So Phil . . . . 'at wuz you on our lovely Turnpike?
Be well,
Java

I figure a lot of the younger set here said,"Count who?" I was involved with his music back in the 50's. As to my musical preferences, I lean to Jazz of many types as well as classical. I repd everything from disco to country and all things musical between.

When I get a little more time, I'll post my adventure on your "lovely Turnpike".

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NE Members

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.