NEW TRACK IN UPSTATE NY - S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2000 Forums > Regional > North East
NEW TRACK IN UPSTATE NY >

NEW TRACK IN UPSTATE NY

North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

NEW TRACK IN UPSTATE NY

Old 01-27-2013, 07:42 AM

NEW TRACK IN UPSTATE NY

Hey guys, I don't have a lot information yet but there is going to be a new 2.1 mile road course in upstate NY this year. Check out NYSAFETYTRACK.COM for more info. I've been in touch with the track manager and it will be available for cars as well as motorcycles for track days etc. The web site is still a work in progress and should be completed within the next few weeks but there are pictures and a few videos on it already. Looks like it could be a lot of fun for Stewie !
Old 01-27-2013, 01:33 PM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Little light on track markings, lots of non-essential vehicles parked on the track edge, mud and dirt on the track surface. Who's the sanctioning body for this track?
Old 01-27-2013, 02:09 PM

I'm not sure who the sanctioning body is, I just heard about it last week. If you check out their Facebook page there is info and several more pictures. I know it is not finished yet and doesn't open until mid-May
Old 01-27-2013, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by kgf3076 View Post
Little light on track markings, lots of non-essential vehicles parked on the track edge, mud and dirt on the track surface. Who's the sanctioning body for this track?
Track markings are really an element of the last 20 years, Ken. In the 50's through most of the 80's there really were none. Even bumper strips were rarely painted until Can-Am in the late 60's. It is expected today but I'd like to get there for a run before they put them in.

The track looks to be outrageous. I can't wait to run it. 2.1 miles, 18 turns, early apex, late apex, double apex, off camber, semi-blind entry are all features that it shows.

I'm going to call there on Monday to see when they plan to have the first open track day. I'll be there as long as it does not interfere with the Dragon.

I hope that they do it clockwise. Turn 1 would allow a lot of catch-up to the high-hp/torque cars for the S2000. It reminds me of the old Bryar Motorsports Park in Louden, NH (rebuilt into the now New Hampshire Motor Speedway) where I learned to drive.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:17 PM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Originally Posted by marathonmann View Post
I'm not sure who the sanctioning body is, I just heard about it last week. If you check out their Facebook page there is info and several more pictures. I know it is not finished yet and doesn't open until mid-May
It's got the makings of a really nice track. Because it's not really open yet, I'm sure there are changes to be made.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:55 PM

I live about an hour away from it and can't wait to run it too. I've contacted the track manager via e-mail and tried to get more information but all he said for now is they are in the process of updating the web site and all the questions would be answered then. He said it should be done in 3 - 4 weeks
Old 08-15-2013, 09:32 AM

I just booked a track day here for Sept 28. $49 to become a track member and $240 for the track day which gets you 7 20 minute sessions. I'll let you know how it is
Old 09-30-2013, 03:11 PM

Was at this track Saturday 9/28 and it was great. It's a private track so my S2K was good to go without an after market roll bar too. I was one of 3 S2k's there. total of 12 cars (that is the max), seven 20 minute sessions for the day. Very challenging track, 420' elevation change and 18 corners. Highly reccomend checking it out if you are out this way. I'm fortunate enough to live less than an hour from it so i'll be going back several times