North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Gokart racing at Destiny Mall

Old 12-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Blue Barchetta

Gokart racing at Destiny Mall

First, I apologize for never really introducing myself on this site... I like this place, you can pretty much say whatever you want. I'm omniruss on s2kca, proper name Russell. I never liked that ol' screen name, so I'm FuzzyR over here.

Anyway, official "hello" to all. I don't post a lot, but certainly keep up with this site. We're hoping to get a whole bunch of racers together this Wednesday Dec. 12 in the newly christened Destiny mall in Syracuse. This is one of only nine (8?) gocart tracks of its kind here in the ol' USofA that just opened about a month or two ago.
Check it:
http://www.polepositionraceway.com/syracuse-ny/

I finally went there last weekend just to watch... looks pretty fun. Admission $23 plus $5 race license good for a week.

If anyone is in or around Upstate NY, come on out, it's always fun to meet other elite S2000 owners.

(side note: Gourdon Biersch just, uh, finally , uh, opened this coming Monday Two floors below the race track.)
Old 12-09-2012, 06:42 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Fuzz . . . "Two floors below the race track"????
They've godd'a track in'a buildin'???
My earz'r hurtin' jus' dinkin'aboudd'itt.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Blue Barchetta

Originally Posted by Java Junky View Post
Fuzz . . . "Two floors below the race track"????
They've godd'a track in'a buildin'???
My earz'r hurtin' jus' dinkin'aboudd'itt.
Yeah man, this was originally going to be the next biggest mall in the US, but they never actually fulfilled that title with the economy crash n all. Citi Bank pulled the plug on the funding and there was all kinds of mitigation bullcrap that went along with it. The developer also had some kind of tax break deal going on with the city that a lot of people were up in arms about. It's a pretty damn big project that I only live about 3 miles from, so politics aside, it's pretty neat having a race track on the 3rd floor!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:56 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

God workz'in missteerious wayz.
('Couldn't fine'da button for eerie music.)
Old 12-10-2012, 06:34 AM
THE STIG

Hello FuzzyR!! That looks like fun. We have this by me: http://www.lehighvalleygrandprix.com/
Old 12-10-2012, 03:22 PM

Wow that place looks awesome!!! We got a place like that in Houston, not nearly as big or fancy but still very fun. And the electric Karts, all though you don't get the beautiful sound of a gas motor, have a lot of power and pull off quick. if i ever make it up to New York i need to check that place out
Old 12-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Blue Barchetta

Originally Posted by Switchblade View Post
Hello FuzzyR!! That looks like fun. We have this by me: http://www.lehighvalleygrandprix.com/
Looks like the track in Lehigh Valley might be a bit wider than the one in Syracuse. And from the lap times it's also a little bit longer (~30 seconds vs ~25 seconds.)
Old 12-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Blue Barchetta

Originally Posted by Zachs2k View Post
Wow that place looks awesome!!! We got a place like that in Houston, not nearly as big or fancy but still very fun. And the electric Karts, all though you don't get the beautiful sound of a gas motor, have a lot of power and pull off quick. if i ever make it up to New York i need to check that place out
Yeah, electric motor = instant torque!
Old 02-23-2013, 08:48 AM
Blue Barchetta

I've raced 5 times now, beat my best time every race. It's quite fun, but this would be even more fun: