News & Special Announcements Keep up to date about all on S2000.COM...

The Infamous Java

Old 11-09-2013, 08:17 PM

The Infamous Java

Good evening guys, I'm Java Junky's daughter.

Being aware of how involved he was with this site and you all, I had to let you know that he passed away last night. Please remember all the pearls of wisdom he left unintelligibly in that jargon of his, and continue to have Java impression competitions. If you are in the Tri-state area and would like to know about the viewing arrangements for this Monday, feel free to contact me.

"Who'z bes'ta govern?
Da proven liar, or'da dope who repeatedly asks'da proven liar questions'n expectz hones' answerz?

Rome is the mob. Conjure magic and they'll be distracted. Take away their freedom and still they'll roar. The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the senate, it's the sand of the coliseum. He'll bring them death and they will love him for it."

Last edited by Daughter of Java; 11-09-2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: lost signature
Old 11-09-2013, 08:54 PM

Wow, wasn't expecting that news. I was just thinking of him as I was logging on.
He was a real character and will be really missed. This is really sad news.
My sympathy to you and your family.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:59 PM
just havin' fun

So sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers for you and your family. I will miss his king sence of humor.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:46 AM
House of CR.

RIP JJ. You are, and will always be missed. Condolences to his family and friends beyond this forum.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:01 AM
normal aspiration

OH, NO!
Old 11-10-2013, 05:32 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Jack, most here hardly knew you. I had the pleasure of meeting JJ on one of my trips to Jersey and he was as nice in person as he was here. My condolences to the family. He'll be missed.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:10 AM
Sentient Being

Incredibly sad news. Even though we did not always see eye to eye, I considered J J a good friend. He will be missed. My sincere condolences to his family.

Last edited by Pablo; 11-10-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:58 AM
mlc

WOW, this is very sad news!!! I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

He will be sorely missed for sure!!!!
Old 11-10-2013, 07:03 AM

This is TERRIBLE! My heart goes out to the family, RIP JJ you will be thought of everyday Dude.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Incredibly sad news. Even though we did not always see eye to eye, I considered J J a good friend. He will be missed. My sincere condolences to the family.
I never had the privilege of meeting Jack face to face, we were regular e-mail correspondents. I agree fully with Pablo.

Jon
Old 11-10-2013, 09:56 AM
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

We became good friends; we emailed each other a lot, sometimes several a day. Exchanged all kinds of technical and political info. Tried to get together on one of my NY layovers but it did not work out.
I am just stunned.
My prayers for him and his family.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:23 PM
Never Slow down

Condolences to the family. JJ will be sadly missed by everyone here in the forum.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:37 PM
EYECELLEM

He had left the forum for a while (hope he was not ailing) but he was never forgotten. It is indeed sad news, rip JJ.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:54 PM

Condolences
Old 11-10-2013, 03:29 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with young Java and her mom.
I'm so sorry to hear this news.

I hope the afterlife is full of sawdust and sportscars John J!
I'll never forget you.

Till we see each other again, friend,

tony
Old 11-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Sentient Being

The last time I saw J J..........Love ya man........

Name:  jack_zps266a902c.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  168.5 KB
Old 11-10-2013, 03:34 PM
"Enjoy the drive"

Very sad to hear this news. He will be missed.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:21 PM
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

John J Marchese

John J Marchese, 65, died at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, on Saturday November 9, 2013. He was born and raised in Staten Island, NY before moving to Edison in 1981. He was a Peace Officer for the State of NY before his retirement. He was a Veteran of the U.S. Marine Corp serving in Viet Nam.

John is survived by his wife Maria A (Steinheber) Marchese; his daughter Diana Marchese; and his brother Thaddeus Marchese; .

Funeral Services are Monday, November 11th at 8:00 pm at the Boylan Funeral Home, 10 Wooding Ave., Edison, followed by a private cremation. Family and friends may visit on Monday from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. at the Funeral Home. IN lieu of flowers donations can be made to the U.S.O.

Published in Home News Tribune on Nov. 11, 2013
Old 11-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Sentient Being

Thanks Coz
Old 11-10-2013, 05:36 PM

I'm still in shock! He was replying to threads a couple of months ago. Just before I left California to New York He was replying about the air show that I was at in Van Nuys. Does anyone know what his favorite aircraft was?

Last edited by chazdawg35; 11-10-2013 at 05:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Bug Zapper

Rest easy Jack. Thank you for keeping this place going for all these years.

Many condolences to your family daughter of java. We appreciate you letting us know.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Sentient Being

Originally Posted by chazdawg35 View Post
. Does anyone know what his favorite aircraft was?
J J was not a fan of Jetz...........he liked propz and big *** radial engines.........take it from there..........I believe he was a fan of the P 38 not sure what his ultimate fav was though.....
Old 11-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Got S2000?

Wow...Sad news indeed. He brought a lot of charisma to this forum, and I have no doubt he was a joy to be around in life as well. Thanks for taking the time to inform us. I feel like I've lost a good friend, without ever meeting the real man. Rest in peace Java, you left this world a better place than you found it.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:27 AM

Yes, that's shocking news. He was a major contributor to this site and a corner stone. I too wish I had had the chance to meet him. Life is way too short!!!
Old 11-11-2013, 06:36 AM
THE STIG

Wow, I'm speechless! Jack and I became friends thanks to this site. We often had breakfast together on Sundays. Stand up guy. He will be sorely missed. My heart goes out to Diana and Marie. RIP buddy.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:14 AM

Kind of fitting his funeral is on Veterans' Day. Thank you for your service to your country and to this site JJ. Rest in peace!
Old 11-11-2013, 07:20 AM
House of CR.

I think it would be fitting to post some of JJ's best threads in remembrance of him and to also give the newbies a sense of what they've missed. So post your favorites.

https://www.s2000.com/forums/off-top...mber-when.html

"And when he gets to the Pearly gates
To Saint Peter He will tell,
Another Marine reporting Sir,
I've done served my time in hell."

~Bob Denny, Marine.

Semper FI
Old 11-11-2013, 01:31 PM

This makes me sad. Godspeed JJ!
Old 11-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Mr. Riley Wilson

I was out at dinner and decided to take a peak here. I am devastated! When I first bought my S in late 2010, I stumbled onto this site and immediately wanted to learn all I could about the S. The first person to welcome me was Jack.

I was thouroughly intriged by his writing style and actually realized that it was easier to speed read than read the individual words. He was one of the kindest people I have ever had the pleasure of calling a friend. We don't know our neighbors, but we know everything about someone 1500 miles away. That would be JJ.

Over the past year or so, and since he handed the baton off to Switch and Mario, we started an offline friendship via email. We had many, many lenghty discussions about personal things that my wife doesn't even know. We shared a love for plants and gardening, although, I loved all plants and he felt that if you couldn't eat it, why waste space growing it.

We shared many pictures of our homes, gardens and four legged children. They will miss him! Just last week, I shared my thoughts/reservations about my retirement from dentistry and how the stresses had attempted to destroy my health. He had just finished telling me how happy he was that he left his career for the very same reasons. He appeared very vibrant and healthy. This was Nov 1.

He was in the process of constructing an 80 desktop for their home office. Diana, if you're still around, I can't tell you how many times he talked about you and your mom. He adored you guys! He was bragging on Marie about the wonderful braunsweger sandwiches and the last of this years tomatoes and something about killer onions that she had made for him.

JJ knew every tidbit about my new band. I had shared some audio recordings with him and I have a set of DVD's from last weekends gig that I was getting to send to him today when I found this thread.

Jack had become a brother to me and I am very sad. I will greatly miss you Jack and thanks for all of the kind words of support for me and especially for all of the times that you were there for me when I needed a friend.

Maria, Diana you will always be in my prayers, always!

Carl

PS: I had sent him some pictures of my leather working and had developed a holster for a .380 that could be pocket carried with an extra magazine, without printing on the clothing. I asked him "how many rounds did he feel were enough" Knowing his LEO and Military background, he replied:

"There’s never enough rounds.
‘Pilot friend likes to say that the only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.
‘Might just apply to rounds too."

Last edited by Charlie Croker; 11-11-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:21 PM

Condolences... I read much more than I post here, and I always appreciated what JJ had to say.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:43 PM
'06 S2k

My condolences to his family, Rest In Peace My Friend

ROD
Old 11-12-2013, 06:04 AM
THE STIG

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post
I think it would be fitting to post some of JJ's best threads in remembrance of him and to also give the newbies a sense of what they've missed. So post your favorites.

https://www.s2000.com/forums/off-top...mber-when.html

"And when he gets to the Pearly gates
To Saint Peter He will tell,
Another Marine reporting Sir,
I've done served my time in hell."

~Bob Denny, Marine.

Semper FI

https://www.s2000.com/forums/off-top...lin-forum.html

https://www.s2000.com/forums/exterio...nt-stewie.html

https://www.s2000.com/forums/off-top...ove-tread.html
Old 11-12-2013, 06:06 AM
THE STIG

And for all who have been wondering his avatar is a goat sitting on a rock drinking a cup of coffee. I believe somebody gave him a shirt with it on it and used it for his avatar. Old goat enjoying his java.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:11 PM
Internet Brands

So sad to hear of his passing, he helped build this forum where it is today and will truly be missed as part of our crazy automotive family.

-Nolan
Old 11-12-2013, 04:49 PM

Rest Easy JJ
Condolences to your family
Old 11-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Philosopher

This is truly sad news for all of us. It serves as a sobering reminder of how short our time on this earth really is and we should make the best of every minute of every day. Be a good person. If Jack is watching us, make him smile.

I'll miss him.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:19 PM

condolences ............
Old 11-12-2013, 10:22 PM

My deepest sorrows for your lost Maria.

Hello everyone again. You may not remember me. I joined in April of 05 with a NFR and eventually came back in april 08 with a new 08 LBP.

I just heared about the passing of JJ and I wanted to express my sincere condolances to Maria and to thank you for posting the obituarry'

I feel so very sorrowful as I simply loved the guy. We had tried to get tog ether for Sunday runs through the mountains a couple of times but had to cxl for some such reason. It saddens me that I didn't make the effort

I trust that he passed away peacefully surrounded by his loved one.

I will miss you JJ and think of you often. Maria, please pass on my deepest sympathizes to you Mom for me.

Thank you,
S2000dude (Russ)

\

\
Old 11-13-2013, 08:46 AM
Senior Newbie

Aww, shoot. I still think of JJ pretty much every time I'm having fun in my S. He was one of the first to make me feel welcome here when I was just getting to know my car.
Have fun tearing up the gravel in heaven, Jack!
Old 11-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Seņor Member

Well I am gut shot. Switchblade was good enough to give me a head's up. I probably would have continued forwarding Jack jokes that I thought he'd enjoy and wondering if I'd pissed him off somehow when he didn't reply.
Jack and I became friends on this site. In 2010 I happened to mention to him that I was showing my aviation artwork at a show at Wright-Patterson AFB. Jack drove his beloved 'Stewie' down from Jersey to Dayton, Ohio just to see my show. One of my favorite memories of the show was Jack running out on the sly and buying coffees for the five people running my booth when the weather turned cold. He was a class act, a patriot, a good friend, a good husband and father, a good man. As much as he loved his wife Marie it pains me to know the loss she must be feeling now. Godspeed my friend. May the road always rise up to meet you.
-Mike Backus

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Infamous Java

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.