News & Special Announcements Keep up to date about all on S2000.COM...

Audio Upgrades & Stock S2000 Audio specs

Old 08-09-2013, 01:27 AM

Question Audio Upgrades & Stock S2000 Audio specs

Looking for some ideas to upgrade my 2004 stock sound system.
Seen some subwoofer assemblies for the trunk, and just read about the in seat/headrest option.
I was thinking more toward using the space under/behind the seats to to add some pop.
Anyone out there know of anything similar or have any ideas?
Also having hard time finding what the stock speaker specs are without removing door panels.
Glad to find this forum
[email protected] joynewearth.com

Last edited by John Phillip Leyes; 08-09-2013 at 01:30 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-09-2013, 02:23 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

A lot depends on your budget and what you're looking for. Some people just change the headunit and keep the stock speakers, others go all out. In my '04, I had a Alpine headunit, Focal speakers, a Stealthbox 10" sub-woofer all being run by Alpine amps with dedicated channels. Most of that moved to my CR. Make sure that if you change your headunit, you get something that uses the Modifry DCI so that you can keep the dash controls (this also saves a lot of fussing and wire cutting: www.modifry.com).
Old 08-09-2013, 08:52 AM
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

I am looking at doing the same thing but in an incremental fashion, after reading alot of reviews/comments. I agree about using Modfry's DCI.

I am doing the HU first and eill see how the stock speaker sound. Getting a top of the line HU that has outputs for an amp if I go that route. Also want adjustable lights to match the original. (Going for the Pandora bluetooth/Android phone interface) Could not care less about the phone stuff. My Android works great with Jawbone anyway-top is usually down. Using Crutchfields to make sure it all fits.

If it still needs improvement then the speakers are next in the stock holes. After that it is amp time/ under seat woofer.

My only gripe is the top HU I am looking at have crummy controls for direct radio station selection. May wait for next spring's offering.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:01 AM

I have the following for sale in the for sale section, Would be a perfect upgrade with the path to add amps and subs later. Comes with Modifry's controller and the radio has the plug n play harness.

https://www.s2000.com/forums/parts-f...s-modifry.html

Mitch