News & Special Announcements Keep up to date about all on S2000.COM...

The End of an Era: Moving Downtown, Selling Stewie

Old 02-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Bug Zapper

The End of an Era: Moving Downtown, Selling Stewie

Hey All,

If you are wondering why I have been quiet lately its because the wife an I have been house hunting. We decided that what we were truly missing from our life was the hustle and bustle of city life. We found a place and entered escrow today. Assuming everything goes well, we will move in 1 month and put our current place up for sale.

Bad news is, the new place only has a one car garage, and seeing how the S2000 is the less practical, higher mileage of the two cars, its hitting the FS section.

I am, of course, saddened by the loss of "The S" but having owned it for 3 years I can truly say its been the best car I have ever owned. I am also ecstatic at the thought that the Honda might well be worth 35-45% more than we paid for it despite having put an additional 30,000 miles on the ODO.

I hope the next person will enjoy her as much as we have. I will certainly stick around and may very well end up in the seat of an s2000 in the future, but for right now, I am sure I am making the right decision. Wish me luck!

Last edited by Marioshi; 02-11-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:28 PM
EYECELLEM

$500 for the S (you pay shipping) dibs on the vacant moderator position.....

seriously, good luck!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

'Wishin' you nothin' but'da bes' wi'cher move iosh.
Prioridiez're prioridiez'n'itt mus' be priddy damned important to have'yuh partin' wit' Stewie.
'Z'long'z'yuh doan bail onn'uss.
Y'know?
Old 02-11-2013, 04:48 PM
'06 S2k

I live in Curtis Park(34 years now) and when I bought my house it also had a one car garage.

What is one to do, tear it down and build a 720sf 3 1/2 car garage. Problem solved.
Hope that helps you out.

ROD
Old 02-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Bug Zapper

I aint goin nowhere Glenn

Yeah, its pretty serious, living in the burbs has got me pretty down, hoping to recapture our college days (Berkeley) a little bit by living within walking distance to work, groceries, restaurants, bars, live music, etc. Not giving up a car completely since Sacramento is very sprawling and our family all lives in the burbs. Selling our Chickens too which is almost as sad.

Rod, I was thinking one of these might be in order.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lift_w_cars.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	5213  

Last edited by Marioshi; 02-12-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:26 PM
'06 S2k

The one thing I would do different on my garage is make the walls a little taller. That way I could stack two cars and have room for four cars and my two bikes.

Rod
p.s. I don't see any pic. in your post
Old 02-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Bug Zapper

Originally Posted by rrounds View Post
The one thing I would do different on my garage is make the walls a little taller. That way I could stack two cars and have room for four cars and my two bikes.

Rod
p.s. I don't see any pic. in your post
Yeah, one nice thing is the garage ceiling is 10 foot so i think there is room for that.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:12 PM
House of CR.

Marioshi, the lift will work just fine in a ten foot ceiling height. Check around, they can be had for under $2,000.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:19 PM
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

Have you thought about a friend who might have room in a garage or storage facility?

As for the chickens, if you want them to find a nice home, protected from varmints by a fine array of firearms, let me know and I will add (HENS ONLY) them to the brood. No charge for this service for you!

Good luck with the move. I don't envy you. I am on five acres, very private, and my wife and I (the kids are gone now) can be like were once too and run around naked when we want to! Not sure I could get away with that downtown.

Name:	xprtchickens.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	5214   Click image for larger version

Name:	xprtGeese:fogbackgrnd.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	5216  

Last edited by cosmomiller; 02-12-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:07 AM
THE STIG

Good luck Marioshi and hope you stick around!!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Bug Zapper

Originally Posted by cosmomiller View Post
Have you thought about a friend who might have room in a garage or storage facility?

As for the chickens, if you want them to find a nice home, protected from varmints by a fine array of firearms, let me know and I will add (HENS ONLY) them to the brood. No charge for this service for you!

Good luck with the move. I don't envy you. I am on five acres, very private, and my wife and I (the kids are gone now) can be like were once too and run around naked when we want to! Not sure I could get away with that downtown.

Cosmo, we COULD park it at my wifes work for 30 bucks a month but the truth is we already carpool together and once we move downtown we will be walking. It would just gather dust sadly, id rather someone else was out enjoying it.

Your place looks great man, we had that dream as well but the idea of commuting from that distance in that traffic for the next 30 years is enough to hang myself. I will keep in mind about the hens (we have eight) if we cant find someone willing to buy them (I imagine we will). Your birds looks like they have a good life.

No running around naked downtown, it is Sacramento after all, not San Francisco (or Berkeley).

Our rooster says "why u no want?"

Name:	Rooster.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	5217  

Last edited by Marioshi; 02-12-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

'Hatt'z off'da'yuh iosh. "I'd rather someone else was out enjoying it"?????
Da somebody'z heavily ensconced in MINE'z I am . . 'guess unnastannin' doughtz like'datt're like'a normal person tryin'a read my $hitt.
But, boddum line? Yer'doon whu'chooze guyz wanna'bee'doon.
'Doan'gett no bedder'n'att.

('N Coz, ditto on iosh'z take'a'yer place. Looks very euro'n priddy.)

Last edited by Java Junky; 02-12-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:32 AM

Good luck Marioshi
Old 02-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Mr. Riley Wilson

I will keep in mind about the hens (we have eight) if we cant find someone willing to buy them (I imagine we will). Your birds looks like they have a good life.
Chicken fry at Mario's Saturday 7!

This thread sort of saddens me. Mario, you've spent a lot of time here and have contributed immensely! I thank you for all you've done and truly hope you'll stick around. For a youngster, you are wise beyond your years and have always been very helpful to me.

I'm in the process of overhauling my engine and plan to keep it until I die. I couldn't imagine selling it?

I wish you Godspeed!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Okay, let'z not get carried away. Iosh'z been cool'n all budd've'yuh ever hadd'izz ardichokez? Ugh!
Old 02-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Bug Zapper

Originally Posted by Charlie Croker View Post
Chicken fry at Mario's Saturday 7!

This thread sort of saddens me. Mario, you've spent a lot of time here and have contributed immensely! I thank you for all you've done and truly hope you'll stick around. For a youngster, you are wise beyond your years and have always been very helpful to me.

I'm in the process of overhauling my engine and plan to keep it until I die. I couldn't imagine selling it?

I wish you Godspeed!
If I kept it until I died I don't know what I would run it on since I can't imagine gas stations will still exist 50 years from now.

Thanks for the compliments. This site stopped being about S2000s a long time ago so I don't see any reason I wouldn't stick around
Old 02-12-2013, 12:55 PM
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

I attached some thumbnails why the rooster was voted down. If push comes to shove and it is the rooster or nothing, I will take it as long as it has no name. Family will not eat anything with a name. ("So, who wants Daisy's leg?")

But wait! There is more! I will double that offer with driveway space for your S. As long as you pay insurance and gas, I will drive it a bit to make sure the thing is in running condition. How many miles are on it???!!! LOL!! No worries about theft here. Just let me know when you want to come over and I will corral my dogs from shredding you.

I understand about the long commute. I am grateful I only do that once or twice a month. I never go anywhere during rush hour or do Costco on the weekends. That being said, when I do commute, its 2600 miles or about 8 hours total. Based in Detroit. No sympathy from me when people bitch about long commutes. (No, the S is not my airport car-its that Tbird-in great shape by the way)

Name:	xprtrooster.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	5218   Click image for larger version

Name:	xprtgarage.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	5219   Click image for larger version

Name:	xprtbigred.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	5220   Click image for larger version

Name:	xprtflock.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	5221  
Old 02-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Bug Zapper

No worries Cosmo, our rooster and his 5 cockerel children were booted from the flock a while back. I do miss him, my wife and dog do not (he could smell fear).

No name, unless you count Roo or RooStar as a name.

Last edited by Marioshi; 02-12-2013 at 01:28 PM.