Go Back  S2000 Forums > Honda S2000 Forums > News & Special Announcements
Honda Civic updated after only one MY and other LA Auto Show News >

Honda Civic updated after only one MY and other LA Auto Show News

News & Special Announcements Keep up to date about all on S2000.COM...

Old 11-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Bug Zapper

I guess they saw the writing on the wall. Glad to see they are more on top of it than Toyota. Seems like it took Toyota over a decade to realize their cars were boring.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...-and-info-news

Last edited by Marioshi; 11-30-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Bug Zapper

OMG, I just saw this, the Smart ForJeremy. *Shudder*

Old 11-30-2012, 04:54 PM
EYECELLEM

Originally Posted by Marioshi View Post
I guess they saw the writing on the wall. Glad to see they are more on top of it than Toyota. Seems like it took Toyota over a decade to realize their cars were boring.

I wouldn't go that far...... the Civic is still the best selling compact car in the U.S. this year. The refresh was to counter negativity from the media. Honda took some of the criticism to heart. A lot of the changes echo the well received 2013 Accord.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:07 PM

OMG, I just saw this, the Smart ForJeremy. *Shudder*

ROFL! I love it!!! I don't want one, but I love that they did this. The SmartForTwo is one of the more ridiculously useless cars there is in production right now and someone decided to just run with it on a completely goofy scale. I applaud the originality and just utter silliness of it. If I saw one of these driving down the street, I just wouldn't be able to help but smile and laugh. And you know, we need more of that in this world.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Bug Zapper

Originally Posted by RMurphy View Post
ROFL! I love it!!! I don't want one, but I love that they did this. The SmartForTwo is one of the more ridiculously useless cars there is in production right now and someone decided to just run with it on a completely goofy scale. I applaud the originality and just utter silliness of it. If I saw one of these driving down the street, I just wouldn't be able to help but smile and laugh. And you know, we need more of that in this world.
Do you think Jay has room for one in his collection? ROFL.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Bug Zapper

Originally Posted by Glenn1 View Post
I wouldn't go that far...... the Civic is still the best selling compact car in the U.S. this year. The refresh was to counter negativity from the media. Honda took some of the criticism to heart. A lot of the changes echo the well received 2013 Accord.
Yeah, that d be the writing on the wall I was speaking of (yeah, so it was in a magazine but still)...

They also offered heavy discounts to keep the 2012s moving, which is unusual for Honda. I am just saying that they realized they were heading in the wrong direction by giving it a cheaper interior and hoping no one would notice. I also think its one of the first Civics that wasn't considered "fun to drive". It completely dropped off my radar after I read the reviews. Now its back, sort of. I wish we could see a hatchback in their Civic lineup again. I like the Fit, but its just too gutless.

Last edited by Marioshi; 11-30-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:36 PM
EYECELLEM

Civics with the 15" wheels are softer riding. 16'' wheel equipped Civics have a more sportier feel. IIRC Consumers tested a LX model with the 15" wheels and declared it "non-sporty". I've driven a SI Coupe with the HFP suspension package. Now that definitely is the sport model in the Civic lineup.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:52 PM
Bug Zapper

Civics with the 15" wheels are softer riding. 16'' wheel equipped Civics have a more sportier feel. IIRC Consumers tested a LX model with the 15" wheels and declared it "non-sporty". I've driven a SI Coupe with the HFP suspension package. Now that definitely is the sport model in the Civic lineup.
Hey Glenn, you dont always have to defend them just because its your employer. You can tell us what you really think
Old 12-01-2012, 09:08 AM

Yeah, that d be the writing on the wall I was speaking of (yeah, so it was in a magazine but still)...

They also offered heavy discounts to keep the 2012s moving, which is unusual for Honda. I am just saying that they realized they were heading in the wrong direction by giving it a cheaper interior and hoping no one would notice. I also think its one of the first Civics that wasn't considered "fun to drive". It completely dropped off my radar after I read the reviews. Now its back, sort of. I wish we could see a hatchback in their Civic lineup again. I like the Fit, but its just too gutless.
Yes Honda bring back the hatch. The changes are good but in general the whole car seems off and kind of boring. I really wish they got rid of the odd looking dash/gauge cluster.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:28 AM
THE STIG

You can tell who the salesman is. Product knowledge is key.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:50 PM

I'm perfectly happy with my 2012 Civic Si sedan. I traded in my s2000 for it a month ago because I need the 4 doors and extra seats now that I'm a realtor. I find it plenty responsive in both handling and acceleration while still being very comfortable. Also, the transmission, sound system, iPod integration with steering wheel controls, Bluetooth for phone calls/music streaming & gas mileage are all very good.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:04 PM

I went and test drove a 2013 civic si just last weekend (not looking at buying i was just bored and did this at many dealerships, also drove a mustang gt 5.0, scion fr-s, and a dodge challenger srt all in all the civic was probably the best car for the money. for the price it had a better interior than the mustang or challenger and it was a lot more comfortable for me to fit into compared to the fr-s (and im 6'6" still good head room!) and it was still a whole lot of fun to drive! the only thing i didn't like about it was it looks ugly compared to previous year model civics. other than that it shifts smooth, i loved the sound of the LSD clicking, and once vtec kicks in it moves!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Zachs2k View Post
I went and test drove a 2013 civic si just last weekend (not looking at buying i was just bored and did this at many dealerships, also drove a mustang gt 5.0, scion fr-s, and a dodge challenger srt all in all the civic was probably the best car for the money. for the price it had a better interior than the mustang or challenger and it was a lot more comfortable for me to fit into compared to the fr-s (and im 6'6" still good head room!) and it was still a whole lot of fun to drive! the only thing i didn't like about it was it looks ugly compared to previous year model civics. other than that it shifts smooth, i loved the sound of the LSD clicking, and once vtec kicks in it moves!
I think you meant 2012 Civic Si. I don't think the 2013 is out until January.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:48 PM

I believe it is also #1 in Canada. Will have to look at a new one. Ours is getting a bit old
Old 12-11-2012, 06:14 AM
THE STIG

I like the Civic but hate the dash......

Old 12-11-2012, 06:47 AM
official newb

Originally Posted by RMurphy View Post
The SmartForTwo is one of the more ridiculously useless cars there is in production right now ..................
Come on murph, thats going to far. Watch the vid and tell me that doesnt look like fun I wish I could do an endo in the S

Old 12-12-2012, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by rayhawk0 View Post
I think you meant 2012 Civic Si. I don't think the 2013 is out until January.

My mistake, your right the civic was a 12. Only the mustang and fr-s were 13
Old 04-05-2013, 08:57 AM

I feel like 2012 Civic owners are going to get the shaft when they try to sell their cars. Both the 2011 and 2013 models will be more desirable.