2001 S2000 - Page 3 - S2000 Forums

New s2000.com Member Area / Introductions Are you new to S2000.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2018, 05:44 AM   #81  

Love seeing that odo move up and your enthusiasm! I'm jealous hearing about all the enjoyment you're having while mine sits in the garage since my last jaunt too many days ago... but we have some blue sky here before the rains come, so I may have to excuse myself from the visiting in-laws (evacuated here from coastal NC) for a little cruise about the countryside
CarbideRotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 04:04 PM   #82  

In the last 72 hours, I have had two "muscle" cars pretty much "stomp" it when getting just ahead of me: 5 liter Mustang GT, heavily modified from my vantage point, and a Charger 392 Hemi. And I mean MASH the gas, smoke the tires, scream the RPM's, and blow out my ear drums with the exhaust note. Once simply getting on the interstate after work alone and the other getting on the interstate with my daughter. Both times I could smell the burnt rubber as I passed through their "jet wash", so to speak. Neither time was I in any way aggressive nor acting as if I were ready to "play".

Question: Have others here experienced this behavior from other drivers of sports cars, muscle cars, exotics? My thought both times was that I'd love to get those MFer's on a road course and go 5 laps with them....then see who's "thumping" their chest...
HondaOwnerForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:17 PM   #83  
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaOwnerForLife View Post
In the last 72 hours, I have had two "muscle" cars pretty much "stomp" it when getting just ahead of me: 5 liter Mustang GT, heavily modified from my vantage point, and a Charger 392 Hemi. And I mean MASH the gas, smoke the tires, scream the RPM's, and blow out my ear drums with the exhaust note. Once simply getting on the interstate after work alone and the other getting on the interstate with my daughter. Both times I could smell the burnt rubber as I passed through their "jet wash", so to speak. Neither time was I in any way aggressive nor acting as if I were ready to "play".

Question: Have others here experienced this behavior from other drivers of sports cars, muscle cars, exotics? My thought both times was that I'd love to get those MFer's on a road course and go 5 laps with them....then see who's "thumping" their chest...
Yeah, it happens fairly often. Most of those "drivers" are in the "pimply faced pubescent" stage of life. What you really have to watch out for is mini-vans. For some reason, every mini-van driver is a frustrated Formula 1 driver.
kgf3076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 07:22 PM   #84  

Angry

I think the stereotypical drivers of the models you noted may answer the question. Personally I can't speak from experience because it hasn't stopped raining long enough for me to take a nice drive
CarbideRotor is offline   Reply With Quote