New to the forum not to the s2k! - S2000 Forums


New s2000.com Member Area / Introductions Are you new to S2000.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Like Tree5Likes
Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2017, 07:05 PM   #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42
New to the forum not to the s2k!

Hello everyone from southern Ontario Canada.

I've had my GPW ap1 2002 s2000 for 3 years now and love the s2k as much now as I did when I first brought it home.
(if I can figure it out) I'll post a couple pics of when I first got it to now. I've changed/put a few parts on to the s including things like:
-Invidia exhaust
-oem ap1 bumper
-hsd coilovers
-powder coated cylinder head
-Dunlop direzza dz tires (still haven't found a set of rims yet)
-AEM v2 CAI
Plenty more things here and there!
Morning after I brought my s2000 home

Found an ap1 front bumper
Fresh paint on the valve cover


APR splitter with poly ap1 lip
Union autofest year 1
Full red interior. So unique.
CSCS with my brother and his frs
Toyonda002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:01 AM   #2  
8 Hours NE of the Dragon
 
kgf3076's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Here obviously.
Posts: 5,208
Check out S2KI.com. There are a bunch of Ontario people who will be coming to the Dragon in May. If you think the idea of 318 curves in 11 miles sounds interesting, check it out.
kgf3076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:28 AM   #3  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgf3076 View Post
Check out S2KI.com. There are a bunch of Ontario people who will be coming to the Dragon in May. If you think the idea of 318 curves in 11 miles sounds interesting, check it out.
I'm all over the s2ki forum, but thanks for the info!
Always lurk that thread and feel like it'd be something I'd want to so one day
Toyonda002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:03 AM   #4  
THE STIG
 
Switchblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NAZARETH, PA
Posts: 8,243
Welcome!
Switchblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:47 AM   #5  
8 Hours NE of the Dragon
 
kgf3076's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Here obviously.
Posts: 5,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyonda002 View Post
I'm all over the s2ki forum, but thanks for the info!
Always lurk that thread and feel like it'd be something I'd want to so one day
Drop a message to darcyw on S2KI. He lives near Toronto. He can fill you in on all the things the Southern Ontario S2K people are doing.
kgf3076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:11 AM   #6  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgf3076 View Post
Drop a message to darcyw on S2KI. He lives near Toronto. He can fill you in on all the things the Southern Ontario S2K people are doing.
Like I said, I'm all over that forum already so I do get to see all the meet threads such as Niagara cruise meets and the Dragon. I just happen to stumble on this forum the other day and thought I'd join and say hi!
Thanks for the info!
Toyonda002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:41 AM   #7  
8 Hours NE of the Dragon
 
kgf3076's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Here obviously.
Posts: 5,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyonda002 View Post
Like I said, I'm all over that forum already so I do get to see all the meet threads such as Niagara cruise meets and the Dragon. I just happen to stumble on this forum the other day and thought I'd join and say hi!
Thanks for the info!
Great! Hope to see you at the Dragon in May.
kgf3076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:45 PM   #8  
Senior Member
 
ZigZag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Close to the twisties in Glacier Park
Posts: 369
Great to see another person from the Great White North on the site. I'm out west in Alberta, so not logging any more miles until next May.
ZigZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:22 PM   #9  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigZag View Post
Great to see another person from the Great White North on the site. I'm out west in Alberta, so not logging any more miles until next May.
I feel the pain . The only thing that keeps me happy is buying parts for next year lol.
Toyonda002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:42 PM   #10  
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330
 
cosmomiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Foothills, Sierra Nevada, CA
Posts: 1,421
Glad you found us! Welcome!
cosmomiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:45 PM   #11  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42
Thanks everyone!

I do have a question. I couldn't find any sort of build threads here. Can I use this thread to update what I'm doing to my s2? Or is there a section for that!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Toyonda002; 12-07-2017 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Spelling error
Toyonda002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:18 AM   #12  
THE STIG
 
Switchblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NAZARETH, PA
Posts: 8,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyonda002 View Post
Thanks everyone!

I do have a question. I couldn't find any sort of build threads here. Can I use this thread to update what I'm doing to my s2? Or is there a section for that!

Thanks I'm advance!
You can use this one.
Switchblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:57 PM   #13  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42



So I picked up these downforce side diffusers for a good price. I wasn't all too thrilled to hear they're "supposed" to be held on with self tapping screws so I found this threaded insert rivet tool that I thought should work well, look clean and make it easy to install and remove the diffusers whenever I need to. Only problem is I'll have to enlarge the holes in the carbon to fit a proper bolt through. Small price to pay I suppose!

Also for anyone on instagram add me up!
@toyotech002
Toyonda002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:06 AM   #14  
THE STIG
 
Switchblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NAZARETH, PA
Posts: 8,243
I like those. I would get some but would probably rip them off on something.
Switchblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:00 AM   #15  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade View Post
I like those. I would get some but would probably rip them off on something.
I was a bit worried about that too, but for the price I couldn't complain. It's not my daily so I'll do my best to be careful lol
​​​​​​
Toyonda002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:34 AM   #16  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42

Also happen to get my hands on a steering wheel control module needed for the side radio controls with an aftermarket radio (as I'm sure you all know)
The parts pile gets bigger!
Toyonda002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:38 AM   #17  
8 Hours NE of the Dragon
 
kgf3076's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Here obviously.
Posts: 5,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyonda002 View Post

Also happen to get my hands on a steering wheel control module needed for the side radio controls with an aftermarket radio (as I'm sure you all know)
The parts pile gets bigger!
You can get a plug and play adapter with more functionality than stock from Modifry (modifry.com) that isn't some huge (in comparison) box. Hope you don't plan on cutting the wiring when you can just buy the correct part from Modifry.

From the Modifry website:

These adapter harnesses allow you to install an after-market head unit without damaging the original Honda stereo wiring. Each one is specially-made for Modifry Products by a leading manufacturer of after-market stereo components and uses OEM-quality connectors for a perfect fit

The Modifry® Dash Control Interface was custom-designed for the S2000, by an S2000 owner, with these goals in mind:
- Perfect integration with the Honda S2000 Dash Controls, including built-in Mute functionality
- All the functions of the OEM system, plus additional commands and features - more than any other "steering wheel interface"
- Simple installation with no user-programming required

Last edited by kgf3076; 12-09-2017 at 03:50 AM.
kgf3076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:46 AM   #18  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgf3076 View Post
You can get a plug and play adapter with more functionality than stock from Modifry (modifry.com) that isn't some huge (in comparison) box. Hope you don't plan on cutting the wiring when you can just buy the correct part from Modifry.

From the Modifry website:

These adapter harnesses allow you to install an after-market head unit without damaging the original Honda stereo wiring. Each one is specially-made for Modifry Products by a leading manufacturer of after-market stereo components and uses OEM-quality connectors for a perfect fit

The Modifry® Dash Control Interface was custom-designed for the S2000, by an S2000 owner, with these goals in mind:
- Perfect integration with the Honda S2000 Dash Controls, including built-in Mute functionality
- All the functions of the OEM system, plus additional commands and features - more than any other "steering wheel interface"
- Simple installation with no user-programming required
This was given to me by my electronics guy so free as opposed to spending however much on the modifry unit which I am familiar with sounds better to me lol. Also it's 3 wires 2 of which just being power and ground and the third is a signal needing to be spliced into my aftermarket radio harness. The next wire is a literal "plug in" to the back of the deck (remote plug in).
The other reason I like this unit is you program it to any radio you want through idatalink website as where (from what I gather) the modifry one is kind of radio specific.
In saying this I have never used this specific product so let's see if I can keep my foot out of my mouth

I don't plan on ever letting this car go. A little custom work doesn't scare me

Aprpreciate the info kgf!!
​​​
​​​​
​​​​
Toyonda002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:41 AM   #19  
Never Slow down
 
Wayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ON Canada
Posts: 1,157
I’m a little late but welcome to a fellow Canuck!
Toyonda002 likes this.
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:11 AM   #20  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42
Fresh oem parts
Couple oem clutch system parts to hopefully figure out my stuff pedal issue 😬.
Toyonda002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:45 AM   #21  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42
Just a cool pic I came across of my S in my messy garage
Toyonda002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:45 PM   #22  
Never Slow down
 
Wayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ON Canada
Posts: 1,157
Tucked away fir the winter I guess...
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:49 PM   #23  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
Tucked away fir the winter I guess...
Oh yeah since November 😭.
I'm sure you know my pain!
Toyonda002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 10:35 AM   #24  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42
My dog rockin' my other Honda lol
Toyonda002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 05:25 AM   #25  
THE STIG
 
Switchblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NAZARETH, PA
Posts: 8,243
Haha nice!
Switchblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:04 AM   #26  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42
After a small mix up with the rear pads i finally got my boxing day parts from Teknotik. Eric (who I believe is the owner) was and always is very helpful and prompt to fix the issue.
Toyonda002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:08 AM   #27  
THE STIG
 
Switchblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NAZARETH, PA
Posts: 8,243
I see you have some bushings there. Would love to do this to mine.
Switchblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:19 AM   #28  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade View Post
I see you have some bushings there. Would love to do this to mine.
Yup rear energy suspension bushing kit. I did my fronts last winter and it was definitely tighter so I figured I'd finish with the rear kit.
Prices are going up on them (130 jumped to 200 CANADIAN!!!) so I would suggest looking into it if this is the brand you want.
Upper front control arm with bushings and SBC adjustable ball joints
Toyonda002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 04:56 PM   #29  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42
The tear down begins! New bushings, brakes and SS brake lines
Toyonda002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:32 PM   #30  
Never Slow down
 
Wayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ON Canada
Posts: 1,157
You’re going hardcore on that Honda!
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:08 AM   #31  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
You’re going hardcore on that Honda!
This is nothing compared to what I have seen! Lol
But yes I would really like to make this a solid ride for the track and street. I figured since I dont really know much history of the S before I got my hands on it I may as well make sure I know what's in it!
Toyonda002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:26 PM   #32  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42
All my rear control arms painted and ready for their new bushings.
Toyonda002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 05:50 AM   #33  
THE STIG
 
Switchblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NAZARETH, PA
Posts: 8,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyonda002 View Post
All my rear control arms painted and ready for their new bushings.
Nice! That should tighten things up alittle.
Switchblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 06:02 AM   #34  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade View Post
Nice! That should tighten things up alittle.
Hell yeah! I did the fronts last year and def felt the difference.

Ps I hope I'm not spamming this forum, but it's kind of sleepy so im trying to wake it up a bit!
So glad I painted them this time around. Looks so good!
Toyonda002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 06:10 AM   #35  
THE STIG
 
Switchblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NAZARETH, PA
Posts: 8,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyonda002 View Post
Hell yeah! I did the fronts last year and def felt the difference.

Ps I hope I'm not spamming this forum, but it's kind of sleepy so im trying to wake it up a bit!
So glad I painted them this time around. Looks so good!
All good bro. Keep it up!!
Toyonda002 likes this.
Switchblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 06:36 PM   #36  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42
Added some extended lug nuts, braided brake lines and a downforce carbon side diffuser. Used threaded inserts from princess auto so I didn't have to use those self taper screws.


Threaded insert siliconed and installed for side diffusers
Toyonda002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 03:25 AM   #37  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42
What's up! Been a while since I've posted so here's a couple updated pictures of my s2k! Enjoy!!

Side note these are average pictures taken with my phone... A couple of which my camera lens was cracked





Toyonda002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:12 AM   #38  
THE STIG
 
Switchblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NAZARETH, PA
Posts: 8,243
Looking good!
Toyonda002 likes this.
Switchblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:55 AM   #39  
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330
 
cosmomiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Foothills, Sierra Nevada, CA
Posts: 1,421
Indeed!
Toyonda002 likes this.
cosmomiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 02:56 PM   #40  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42
Well I finally got a part for my transmission to fix the intermittent stiff/knotchy clutch situation so I jacked the S up and ripped the trans out Saturday and it drives way better now . Here's a few pics of the event.







Toyonda002 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to the forum, not the S miwifri New s2000.com Member Area / Introductions 8 12-31-2010 09:55 PM
new to forum, not to the S2000 hondas477 New s2000.com Member Area / Introductions 0 08-20-2009 03:39 PM
This forum is about the WEBSITE itself, not car problems. MattG Website / Forum Suggestions / Site Problems 9 07-25-2009 05:01 PM
The Official Member Recognition Forum - a.k.a. "we need a little more love" forum lonestarbuzz Off-Topic 9 08-05-2008 08:44 AM
New to the forum with my '05 s2k timbuktu New s2000.com Member Area / Introductions 1 01-06-2007 08:45 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:41 AM.


© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.