New to the forum not to the s2k! - S2000 Forums

New s2000.com Member Area / Introductions Are you new to S2000.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2017, 08:05 PM   #1

New to the forum not to the s2k!

Hello everyone from southern Ontario Canada.

I've had my GPW ap1 2002 s2000 for 3 years now and love the s2k as much now as I did when I first brought it home.
(if I can figure it out) I'll post a couple pics of when I first got it to now. I've changed/put a few parts on to the s including things like:
-Invidia exhaust
-oem ap1 bumper
-hsd coilovers
-powder coated cylinder head
-Dunlop direzza dz tires (still haven't found a set of rims yet)
-AEM v2 CAI
Plenty more things here and there!
Morning after I brought my s2000 home

Found an ap1 front bumper
Fresh paint on the valve cover

APR splitter with poly ap1 lip
Union autofest year 1
Full red interior. So unique.
CSCS with my brother and his frs
Toyonda002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 02:01 AM   #2
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Check out S2KI.com. There are a bunch of Ontario people who will be coming to the Dragon in May. If you think the idea of 318 curves in 11 miles sounds interesting, check it out.
kgf3076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgf3076 View Post
Check out S2KI.com. There are a bunch of Ontario people who will be coming to the Dragon in May. If you think the idea of 318 curves in 11 miles sounds interesting, check it out.
I'm all over the s2ki forum, but thanks for the info!
Always lurk that thread and feel like it'd be something I'd want to so one day
Old 12-04-2017, 06:03 AM   #4
THE STIG

Welcome!
Switchblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:47 AM   #5
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyonda002 View Post
I'm all over the s2ki forum, but thanks for the info!
Always lurk that thread and feel like it'd be something I'd want to so one day
Drop a message to darcyw on S2KI. He lives near Toronto. He can fill you in on all the things the Southern Ontario S2K people are doing.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Drop a message to darcyw on S2KI. He lives near Toronto. He can fill you in on all the things the Southern Ontario S2K people are doing.
Like I said, I'm all over that forum already so I do get to see all the meet threads such as Niagara cruise meets and the Dragon. I just happen to stumble on this forum the other day and thought I'd join and say hi!
Thanks for the info!
Old 12-04-2017, 12:41 PM   #7
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Quote:
Like I said, I'm all over that forum already so I do get to see all the meet threads such as Niagara cruise meets and the Dragon. I just happen to stumble on this forum the other day and thought I'd join and say hi!
Thanks for the info!
Great! Hope to see you at the Dragon in May.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:45 PM   #8

Great to see another person from the Great White North on the site. I'm out west in Alberta, so not logging any more miles until next May.
ZigZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigZag View Post
Great to see another person from the Great White North on the site. I'm out west in Alberta, so not logging any more miles until next May.
I feel the pain . The only thing that keeps me happy is buying parts for next year lol.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:42 PM   #10
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

Glad you found us! Welcome!
cosmomiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:45 PM   #11

Thanks everyone!

I do have a question. I couldn't find any sort of build threads here. Can I use this thread to update what I'm doing to my s2? Or is there a section for that!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Toyonda002; 12-07-2017 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 12-07-2017, 07:18 AM   #12
THE STIG

Quote:
Thanks everyone!

I do have a question. I couldn't find any sort of build threads here. Can I use this thread to update what I'm doing to my s2? Or is there a section for that!

Thanks I'm advance!
You can use this one.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:57 PM   #13

So I picked up these downforce side diffusers for a good price. I wasn't all too thrilled to hear they're "supposed" to be held on with self tapping screws so I found this threaded insert rivet tool that I thought should work well, look clean and make it easy to install and remove the diffusers whenever I need to. Only problem is I'll have to enlarge the holes in the carbon to fit a proper bolt through. Small price to pay I suppose!

Also for anyone on instagram add me up!
@toyotech002
Old 12-08-2017, 06:06 AM   #14
THE STIG

I like those. I would get some but would probably rip them off on something.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:00 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade View Post
I like those. I would get some but would probably rip them off on something.
I was a bit worried about that too, but for the price I couldn't complain. It's not my daily so I'll do my best to be careful lol
​​​​​​
Old 12-08-2017, 10:34 AM   #16

Also happen to get my hands on a steering wheel control module needed for the side radio controls with an aftermarket radio (as I'm sure you all know)
The parts pile gets bigger!
Old 12-09-2017, 04:38 AM   #17
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Quote:

Also happen to get my hands on a steering wheel control module needed for the side radio controls with an aftermarket radio (as I'm sure you all know)
The parts pile gets bigger!
You can get a plug and play adapter with more functionality than stock from Modifry (modifry.com) that isn't some huge (in comparison) box. Hope you don't plan on cutting the wiring when you can just buy the correct part from Modifry.

From the Modifry website:

These adapter harnesses allow you to install an after-market head unit without damaging the original Honda stereo wiring. Each one is specially-made for Modifry Products by a leading manufacturer of after-market stereo components and uses OEM-quality connectors for a perfect fit

The ModifryŽ Dash Control Interface was custom-designed for the S2000, by an S2000 owner, with these goals in mind:
- Perfect integration with the Honda S2000 Dash Controls, including built-in Mute functionality
- All the functions of the OEM system, plus additional commands and features - more than any other "steering wheel interface"
- Simple installation with no user-programming required

Last edited by kgf3076; 12-09-2017 at 04:50 AM.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:46 AM   #18

Quote:
You can get a plug and play adapter with more functionality than stock from Modifry (modifry.com) that isn't some huge (in comparison) box. Hope you don't plan on cutting the wiring when you can just buy the correct part from Modifry.

From the Modifry website:

These adapter harnesses allow you to install an after-market head unit without damaging the original Honda stereo wiring. Each one is specially-made for Modifry Products by a leading manufacturer of after-market stereo components and uses OEM-quality connectors for a perfect fit

The ModifryŽ Dash Control Interface was custom-designed for the S2000, by an S2000 owner, with these goals in mind:
- Perfect integration with the Honda S2000 Dash Controls, including built-in Mute functionality
- All the functions of the OEM system, plus additional commands and features - more than any other "steering wheel interface"
- Simple installation with no user-programming required
This was given to me by my electronics guy so free as opposed to spending however much on the modifry unit which I am familiar with sounds better to me lol. Also it's 3 wires 2 of which just being power and ground and the third is a signal needing to be spliced into my aftermarket radio harness. The next wire is a literal "plug in" to the back of the deck (remote plug in).
The other reason I like this unit is you program it to any radio you want through idatalink website as where (from what I gather) the modifry one is kind of radio specific.
In saying this I have never used this specific product so let's see if I can keep my foot out of my mouth

I don't plan on ever letting this car go. A little custom work doesn't scare me

Aprpreciate the info kgf!!
​​​
​​​​
​​​​