New s2000.com Member Area / Introductions Are you new to S2000.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Atlanta, GA new s2000 owner

Old 04-06-2013, 08:00 PM

Atlanta, GA new s2000 owner

We purchased our s2000 3/28/2013. wow are we having fun.

we have found the secret compartment. the fuel door was a fun one..

I must admit I am (or was) a Ford girl...love my Mustang GT, and nothing beats my Ford F250 diesel but DANG have I been missing out on this one. And lets not forget my Jeep wrangler but...

This car is HOT!! incredible to drive!!

If I would have known I would have bought one of these in 2000.

We have a White 2000 S2000, Red interior, NO MODS!! Loving the color white made this one a hard find but we did. 61,000 miles.

My question...Is there a club in or around Atlanta, GA?
Old 04-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Mr. Riley Wilson

Zimmer, welcome. I believe that BB here on this board is from Georgia and should be along shortly to say hello.

Stock is where it is at and where it should stay, for the most part. I suggest taking it slow and getting to leard how these cars handle as they can be tricky for folks not familiar with AP1's handling.

Get to know your car, change all of the fluids and keep an eye on your tires. It's quite a bit different than the f250!!!!!

Since you already found the SC, Switchblade won't have much to say!

Welcome again and be safe!
Old 04-07-2013, 09:43 AM

Nice! Congrats!
Post some pics!
Old 04-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Never Slow down

Sounds like you really like cars! Enjoy our S2000 and post some pics!
Old 04-07-2013, 03:54 PM
THE STIG

Welcome! Post up some pics!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:38 PM

I enjoy my cars but i must say this is AWESOME! I have never driven anything like this one. Picked up a boot today, it will do until i research the hard toneau covers. It goes in tomorrow for a sound system upgrade. Gonna miss it..2 days in the shop
Old 04-08-2013, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
Firstly, congratulations and welcome.

As to your inquiry about a club, yes there is a pretty active group in Atlanta.

They predominantly function through the S2000 Club of America which is the oldest and only OEM recognized S2000 club. They are at www.S2KCA.com.

You can find the Atlanta chapter here:
http://forums.s2kca.com/forumdisplay...er-(S2KAtlanta)

I'm going to be in Atlanta on the 15th and will be meeting with one the club's more active local members, Tony Bell.

If I have time while I'm there, I may try to make on of their "coffee and cars" meets.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:24 AM

I enjoy my cars but i must say this is AWESOME! I have never driven anything like this one.
I can validate that from a car guy who does not own an S2000. I asked a friend to drive my car up to King Motorsports in WI which is about 80 miles from my house while I drove my Crosstour to bring parts and provide a return ride. We did this just after we returned from the Amelia Island Concours.

He owns 2-Porsche, 2-Lotus (Exige and Elise S) and some other stuff. He's also an active participant in the Pebble Beach Concours.

Having established his credentials as a car guy, here's what he said after the 80 mile drive over back roads to New Berlin, WI. "Wow, that is a pure driver's car. Thanks."

So, there he is thanking me for having had him drive my car to a shop 80 miles away. I was quite pleased at that.

I was also surprised at how nimble the Crosstour can be.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:16 AM

We purchased our s2000 3/28/2013. wow are we having fun.

we have found the secret compartment. the fuel door was a fun one..

I must admit I am (or was) a Ford girl...love my Mustang GT, and nothing beats my Ford F250 diesel but DANG have I been missing out on this one. And lets not forget my Jeep wrangler but...

This car is HOT!! incredible to drive!!

If I would have known I would have bought one of these in 2000.

We have a White 2000 S2000, Red interior, NO MODS!! Loving the color white made this one a hard find but we did. 61,000 miles.

Going to Import Allance to look for s2k clubs . You should come out too...FB me.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:47 PM
normal aspiration

welcome, zimmer. s2katlanta is your club. i think they are now affiliated with s2ca but if you punch in s2katlanta.com you should be able to bring them up. some nice folks. say hello to tony bell, scaremypassenger, scaredpassenger, and hoa for me.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:18 PM
mlc

S2Kdays is also in Atlanta this year, well Alpharetta to be exact but check it out.

http://forums.s2kca.com/showthread.php?55674-Official-S2K-Days-2013-Registration-Thread!

Com'on out and join us!!
Old 04-27-2013, 10:58 PM

got to meet tony, hoa and a few others at the gwinette meet. great group of people. thanks for the tip on the club, we joined and can't wait for the August meet. we met ken and its funny but we live about 4 blocks apart in lawrenceville...small world.

Ted and Stacy