New s2000.com Member Area / Introductions Are you new to S2000.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

new to the *Forums* anyone comments help

Old 03-20-2012, 10:35 PM

new to the *Forums* anyone comments help

I got a s2000 04 Im looking around to buy a turbo kit volt on. Any advice on where and if is worth it going stock engine turbo??
Old 03-21-2012, 02:04 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Originally Posted by AP2S2k04 View Post
I got a s2000 04 Im looking around to buy a turbo kit volt on. Any advice on where and if is worth it going stock engine turbo??
First, there are very few "one-size fits all" turbo kits, second, even if you find one, it works, has all the parts and pieces and bolts (not volt ) directly on with no problem, you will probably need to change the fuel pump and injectors, third, you need to tune the engine once you have essentially totally screwed it up. You'll need to buy some engine management device to do that. Good luck if you do find one. (What color is your car? Save all the stock parts, I might want to buy it once you do all this and discover it's not working)
Old 03-21-2012, 05:59 AM
House of CR.

Ken, your post just exudes positivity. Here's the simple answer, don't do it! Do you prefer working on your car over driving it? You will do a lot of tinkering versus actual driving if you go this route, reliability will be so-so at best. Cooling will be a constant battle, especially in hot/humid areas. If you find a turbo kit for sale cheap, guess what, there is a reason it's cheap. It's crap, the owner is going back to OEM for reliability and just wants some of his money back. Kgf3076 gave you the other reasons not to turbo.

Save some money up, buy better brake pads, maybe a bigger front sway bar and better tires and attend driving events (HPE or autocross) in your area and learn to drive better.
If all you want is straight line speed you should have bought something else, this is a drivers car meant for "spirited" drives at or near it's limit which 99% of it's owners never attain.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:57 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

"Exudez positivity"??????
VP . . can you say'datt here???
'Dink whut we've gott here'z a failure'da communicate.
(Datt . . 'n somebody pumpin' numbaz'da sell'izz $hit.)
Old 03-21-2012, 08:03 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post
Ken, your post just exudes positivity.
I didn't want to use big words.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:08 AM
House of CR.

Originally Posted by kgf3076 View Post
I didn't want to use big words.
I like'd your preemptive strike on that post though!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Party Rock Crew

My suggestion would be to carefully weigh all the pro's and cons...you have been given enough cons already, so lets think of some pro's...a turbo sounds really cool (not as cool as my whistling SC)...It will make your car go faster, it will make your car go faster when you are in a turn and spin out...oh now wait that is a con. It will require more maintenance...sorry that is another con. So, it sounds cool! I would go on eBay and find a one size fits all (KGF does not know what he is talking abut...neither does VP, they just sound like they do ), search and search I am sure it will be there. I would seriously not spend any more than say about $450 for a complete set up. Oh yeah, see if you can find one that is anodized gold, it will match the set of rims you are trying to sell.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Tsk, tsk, tsk.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:13 PM

OK I found someone Who is willing to To do it. and He is going to get me A Good Brand name T. K. Not Cheap!
he is well known in Cali. and Has done a lot of Turbo cars installations and . Guys Note I know not to get Ebay T.K. GOD!

And this guy will do everthing even the tunning and all the full injectors he knows wassup. I trust him I just need to save up more. But thanx for the support. Another thing I wont use my S for daily drive . I have a Civic for that. So Thats why I want to do this with my S . C mon guys so if i go top tear with Parts and labor all I want to know is will my cars Engine last long? I mean I don't plan to floor it all the time... U guys just answer to things I know already so please answer this for me
Old 03-25-2012, 07:16 PM

My car Is a silver stone
Old 03-25-2012, 07:33 PM
House of CR.

Truthfully, your car would be better off with a supercharger than a turbo. It will last longer, have fewer mechanical and drivability issues and make decent power over stock.
If your serious about making power and still retain a reliable car I recommend Science of Speed. They are not local to you, but they know a hell of a lot more about making power than a bike tuner.

http://scienceofspeed.com/
Old 03-25-2012, 07:34 PM

You got a S with SC.?
Old 03-26-2012, 04:52 AM
official newb

The tiny s motor is incredible, Honda has done a great job squeezing every ounce out of it. I think you should spend about 6 to 12 months driving it around to really get use to use to it's limits, really get to know your car. Spend some cash on other upgrades such as suspension and brakes (you need these also once you go forced induction) to get every last bit out of the chassis. Ultimately turbo can produce more power than a supercharger but superchargers from some of the top brands such as science of speed, kraftwerks, vortech etc. can all produce in the area of 350 to 400 hp with minimal tuning and reliability of the s2 stays pretty good.

Go to YouTube and pull real street s2000 that car is running the quarter in 9.5 sec and the only internal parts of the engine that have been changed are the cams and retainers I think, the tuning part is important if you go turbo cause that is what will keep it from blowing up and real street has proven that.

Good luck
Old 03-26-2012, 07:01 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Originally Posted by AP2S2k04 View Post
My car Is a silver stone
Oh! Gray. (That's a joke). I take it that you're either in Alabama/Florida panhandle or Cali?
Old 03-26-2012, 02:55 PM
normal aspiration

Originally Posted by starrman View Post
My suggestion would be to carefully weigh all the pro's and cons...you have been given enough cons already, so lets think of some pro's...a turbo sounds really cool (not as cool as my whistling SC)...It will make your car go faster, it will make your car go faster when you are in a turn and spin out...oh now wait that is a con. It will require more maintenance...sorry that is another con. So, it sounds cool! I would go on eBay and find a one size fits all (KGF does not know what he is talking about...neither does VP, they just sound like they do ), search and search I am sure it will be there. I would seriously not spend any more than say about $450 for a complete set up. Oh yeah, see if you can find one that is anodized gold, it will match the set of rims you are trying to sell.
i know i am supposed to be off of the air and in the closet, but i had to come out for a minute for a breath of fresh air because i was laughing so hard while lurking...the emboldened portion of the quoted post is the cause of my laughter.

kg is an idjit. i do not respect his opinion. he is very uninformed.

$450 for a turbo set-up, complete kit is ridiculously high.

i am ROLLING IN THE FLOOR LAUGHING MY FAT **** OFF!

see ya at deal's gap.

bb
Old 03-26-2012, 03:57 PM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Originally Posted by bbcricketta View Post
ikg is an idjit. i do not respect his opinion. he is very uninformed. see ya at deal's gap.
bb
I'll have you know I'm a very well informed idjit. When're you arriving? I'll be there Monday afternoon.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:02 AM

Don't do it!

If u really have to get more power do the supercharger!

I drove an '08 with a supercharger and it was amazing!

The $7000 price tag (installed) was not!