New s2000.com Member Area / Introductions Are you new to S2000.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

wana be will soon be

Old 10-12-2011, 10:48 PM

wana be will soon be

hey everyone, i just joined and thought id say hi. im from rochester ny .truth be told im not an s2k owner yet. my goal is to be a proud owner of a nfr ap1 by spring. i currently drive a 95 del sol with a forsale sign on it. and a 95 geo with a winter beater sticker on it. my goal will to land an 02 - 03 nfr bone stock s2k with hard top due to 9k rev limiter and i like the interior better than 00-01 but im willing to slide to 04. ap2 we'll see what comes around and ill keep u posted when i do, in that time ill just be in the shadows doing reserch.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:38 PM

Hey I'm coming from a del sol too. Have you driven the s2000?
The amount of space space you loose is significant, especially I'm the trunk.
The convenience of the power top and fun factor make it WAY more than worth it though.
I ended up with an 01 and have upgraded some interior pieces so I have what I want.

Looking forward to seeing your car when you finally do get it.
Best of luck and have fun with the del sol.
BTW, what del sol do you have? Post some pics of the sol!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 05:03 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Originally Posted by CLOS View Post
The amount of space space you loose is significant, especially I'm the trunk.
Dude, that loose space space is a bear especially when you're the trunk. (Would that be elephant trunk or perhaps a nice pigskin covered, 4x4x8 steel trunk suitable for travel anywhere in the universe?) It's tough driving around because the loose space can end up on the wrong side of the trunk when you powerslide through that curve in that school zone dodging the little rug-rats who think they can just cross the street any time the want just because the stupid crossing guard is waving at them. I've had loose space end up in the passenger side floorwell because I didn't use a bungee cord to lock it down, it takes up a lot of room on the side and sometimes your honey (or honey-ette, YMMV, if you know what I mean ) gritches and moans because her legs are cramped up by all the loose space sitting there and she has to hang her legs out the window to allow the loose space enough room to be loose. You know what I mean? (It's LOSE as in you LOSE space ).
Signed,
The Language Police (who are getting really p.o'd at the misuse of the English language )

(Did you answer this using a "smart" phone? It looks like "corrections" some phones would make when they think you don't have any idea about how to spell a word).

Last edited by kgf3076; 10-13-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:22 AM
House of CR.

Sic 'em Ken!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:20 AM

no mercy kgf
Old 10-13-2011, 08:55 AM
EYECELLEM

(Did you answer this using a "smart" phone? It looks like "corrections" some phones would make when they think you don't have any idea about how to spell a word).[/QUOTE]

I think smart phones are overrated. I use a "kinda intelligent" phone... didn't want to go the smart route.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:07 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Originally Posted by Glenn1 View Post
I think smart phones are overrated. I use a "kinda intelligent" phone... didn't want to go the smart route.
I spent a week looking for a phone that wouldn't outsmart me (I couldn't find one, they're all smarter ). I love the "auto-correction" feature. You get some really zany "corrections".
Old 10-13-2011, 09:11 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Originally Posted by egslutmobile View Post
hey everyone, i just joined and thought id say hi. im from rochester ny .truth be told im not an s2k owner yet. my goal is to be a proud owner of a nfr ap1 by spring.
Welcome. Rochester gets a bit nippy in the Winter. Good idea to keep the del Sol for the coming cold months.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by kgf3076 View Post
(Did you answer this using a "smart" phone? It looks like "corrections" some phones would make when they think you don't have any idea about how to spell a word).
LOL. I was thinking the exact same thing. Mine does the "I'm" instead of "in" substitution (or vice-versa) on me frequently with Swype.

I love the "auto-correction" feature. You get some really zany "corrections".
Yep, it's like your own personal damnyouautocorrect.com right there in the palm of your hand. Huh. Palm. Wouldn't that be a great name for a handheld device? Actually, I think guys have the original handheld device but they need frequent recharging. And the uptime is far too unpredictable and typically just peters out too soon.

OP: Good luck with your S2000 search. I imagine autumn is a good time to buy a convertible in your area since pricing is likely to be more competitive due to the change in weather.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:30 AM
THE STIG

damnyouautocorrect.com cracks me up!

Welcome OP. Good luck in your search!
Old 10-13-2011, 10:34 AM

yeah the sol actually might be sold here in the next couple of weeks so that means im one step closer to rear wheel drive living, and yes i have driven my friends s2k. thats why i have to get my own
Old 10-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Bug Zapper

Originally Posted by Switchblade View Post
damnyouautocorrect.com cracks me up!
+1. I was holding in my laughter at my desk and it made my chest hurt. Thanks for sharing it Roseanne.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:54 PM

Welcome to the site OP!! and yes, autocorrect.com is awesome!
Old 10-13-2011, 02:15 PM

Dude, that loose space space is a bear especially when you're the trunk. (Would that be elephant trunk or perhaps a nice pigskin covered, 4x4x8 steel trunk suitable for travel anywhere in the universe?) It's tough driving around because the loose space can end up on the wrong side of the trunk when you powerslide through that curve in that school zone dodging the little rug-rats who think they can just cross the street any time the want just because the stupid crossing guard is waving at them. I've had loose space end up in the passenger side floorwell because I didn't use a bungee cord to lock it down, it takes up a lot of room on the side and sometimes your honey (or honey-ette, YMMV, if you know what I mean ) gritches and moans because her legs are cramped up by all the loose space sitting there and she has to hang her legs out the window to allow the loose space enough room to be loose. You know what I mean? (It's LOSE as in you LOSE space ).
Signed,
The Language Police (who are getting really p.o'd at the misuse of the English language )

Lol. I was on a "smart" phone when I posted that. Good catch.
Not quite DYAC worthy but funny nonetheless.

I was going to edit my first post but after reading it again I think I'll leave it as it is.

Last edited by CLOS; 10-13-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:44 PM
EYECELLEM

Originally Posted by RMurphy View Post
Huh. Palm. Wouldn't that be a great name for a handheld device? Actually, I think guys have the original handheld device but they need frequent recharging. And the uptime is far too unpredictable and typically just peters out too soon.
Ah ha, Roseanne!!! thought you were gonna get away with that one without some type of response, huh?

... a man went into a pharmacy and asked to talk to a male pharmacist.

The woman he was talking to said that she was the pharmacist and that
she and her sister owned the store, so there were no males employed there.

She then asked if there was something she could help the gentleman with.

The man said "this is embarrassing for me, but I have a permanent "hand held device" (just in case Java is reading) which causes me a lot of problems and severe embarrassment. I was wondering what you could give me for it?"

The pharmacist said "Just a minute, I'll go talk to my sister."

When she returned, she said, "the best we can do is 1/3 ownership in the
store and $3000. a month in living expenses."