Go Back  S2000 Forums > Regional > Mid West
May 9, 2009 - All WI and IL Members - First Cruise >

May 9, 2009 - All WI and IL Members - First Cruise

Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Old 03-30-2009, 10:34 AM

Hello all IL and WI S2000 Members -

I hope that you are doing well. I would like to get a number of S2000's together for a little cruise and dinner. It would be a lot of fun and quite a site. I will invite other cars as well, but just wanted to see if any of you were interested. I have the details listed below. Send me a Pm if you are interested and I look forward to meeting everyone. If you have any questions, just send me a pm or email at [email protected]. It will be neat to get a bunch of us together.

Saturday, May 9, 2009 @ 3:45 PM – Kelly’s Bleachers Cruise and Dinner – Racine, WI
o This event will begin at the Racine Avenue Park & Ride Lot (New Berlin, WI) and will utilize a scenic route that I together ending at Kelly’s Bleachers II for dinner.
o $20 dollars buffet per person including:
· Sliced Roast Beef
· Baked Chicken
· Green Beans
· Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
· Salad
· Bread, Rolls
Price includes Gratuity
Please note that the event is free in case that you choose that you do not want to eat.

JG853
Old 04-23-2009, 10:49 AM

Update

Hello Everyone - 2009 Event Schedule for WI and IL Sports Car enthusiasts:

How many S2000 members will be coming? It would be nice to have a good representation of S2000's along...

The first event little more than 2 weeks away from the first event, May 9, 2009 Kelly's Bleachers event. I taking roll call for this event so if you plan on coming, please either PM me or send me a email at [email protected] or a PM.

The meeting spot will be at Park & Ride in Big Bend - http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/travel/...s/wauk6715.htm - Please be at the park & ride lot in-between 3:30 PM and 3:45 PM. We will be departing at 4:00 PM promptly.

For those individuals that are coming from the south (Kenosha, Racine, and Illinois), the meeting spot to cruise to the park & ride lot is at the Iron Skillet located at 717 S Sylvania Avenue, Sturtevant, WI 53177. Form there, my friend Tony D (Ford GT), Mike F (Ford GT), and Theo M (Blown C5 Z06) will lead the way to the Big Bend Park & Ride Lot. Please let me know if you will be meeting up at the Iron Skillet to cruise to the park & ride.

For those individuals that are coming from the Madison area I will be working with people coming from that direction as well for a point to all meet and drive down together.

Obviously, I will be monitoring the weather the week of May 9, 2009 to ensure that the weather is going to be nice. More to come and I look forward to catching up with everyone.

Best Regards,
JG853

Saturday, May 9, 2009 @ 3:45 PM – Kelly’s Bleachers Cruise and Dinner – Racine, WI
o We will utilize the same route that Mike C. put together for us two years ago, ending at Kelly’s Bleachers II for dinner.
o $20 dollars buffet per person including:
· Sliced Roast Beef
· Baked Chicken
· Green Beans
· Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
· Salad
· Bread, Rolls
** You do not have to eat if you do not want to.

Sunday, May 31, 2009 @ 1:00 PM – Wisconsin Hot Rod Radio and Brew City Muscle Car Show / Track Day at Great Lakes Drag way – Union Grove, WI
o This show will bring the all the old and the new muscle, show cars, race cars, rat rods, you name it, together for one big show. Plus, at your own risk, you can choose to run your car down Great Lakes Drag way. To help Brew City Muscle's Yooself with medical bills, a $5 dollar entry will be charged per car into the car show. Additional fees may be charged to race on the Drag Strip (As many runs as you want).
o More details to follow as we approach this date

Sunday, June 27, 2009 @ 4:00 PM – Lake Geneva Dinner – Lake Geneva, WI
o The famous Lake Geneva dinner drive is back again. More details to follow shortly.

Sunday, July 12, 2009 - St. Dominick's Car Show – Brookfield, WI

Saturday, July 19, 2009 @ 3:30 PM – Meet and Tour Stay Tuned Customs then Cruise to Madison, WI for Car Show at Quaker Steak in conjunction with Madison Street Cars – Waukesha, WI – Madison, WI
o More details to follow

Sunday, August 9, 2009 – Car Cruise to the Wisconsin Automobile Museum & The Mineshaft Restaurant, in Hartford, Wisconsin.
o This cruise will depart from a west suburban Milwaukee location at mid-afternoon and make its way to the town of Hartford, home of the Wisconsin Automobile Museum, which features a large parking area across the street. Admission to the museum (which occupies the former Kissel Motor Car Company factory building) is $6 per person, the group rate. After touring the museum for an hour or more, we'll walk a short two blocks to The Mineshaft for an early dinner at the largest restaurant in Wisconsin. We'll be able to occupy a large area of tables and booths that will be set aside for us, then order off the menu. Cruise director – Mike C.

August 29, 2009 – Project Two Customs Car Show – Waukesha, WI

Sept 2009 – HP Performance Fall Brawl

Willingness to participate in this event you hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the invitee/ releasesees from any and all loss, liability, damage and cost you may insure arising out of participating in this event. By participating you hereby assume full responsibility for any risk of bodily injury, death or property damage arising out of or related to the event whether caused by negligence of invitee/releasesee or otherwise.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:17 AM

July 19 2009 - Stay Tuned Car Show - Free Food and Beverages - Waukesha, WI

I thought some of you would be interested in the Sunday July 19, 2009 Stay Tuned Customs Open House and Car/Motorcycle Show. The Show begins at 4:00 PM and food and beverages will kindly be provided by Stay Tuned Customs.

The street will be blocked off for everyone to park.

Stay Tuned Customs is located at 1630 Arcadian Avenue, Waukesha, WI.

Best Regards,

JG853
Old 07-21-2009, 05:20 AM

August 1, 2009 - Cruise to QUaker Steak & Lube

Hello -

A group of 200 car entusiasts are going to cruise together to Madison's Quaker Steak and Lube on Augist 1, 2009. We get everything from Exotics, Ford GT's Z06's, Vipers, NSX's. M3's, M6's R8's, 350Z's, 300Z's, S2000's, GTO's, CTS-V's, Cobra's and the like to come out for a fun little cruise. I know some of you came to the May 9, 2009 cruise and it was a lot of fun. I thought I would also invite you to the next one which is August 1, 2009 cruise to QUaker Steak and Lube in Madison, starting at Project Two in Waukesha. Details below.

This cruise to Madison will be lead by Keith B and we will meet up with the Madison Street Cars members for their big show at Quaker Steak & Lube. Please note that Quaker serves food, so you will be able to eat once we arrive in Madison, WI. We will be meeting at Project Two in Waukesha, WI and then departing for the Quaker Steak and Lube. We will be leaving Project Two at 5:00 PM to make it to the Quaker Steak and Lube in Madison to meet up with MSC by 6:15 PM. More details to be sent out later this week.

If you are planning on August 1, 2009, please send me an email to [email protected] as I will be creating a checklist of people coming so we do not leave anyone behind at Project Two. Project Two is located at:

1416 Poplar Dr Suite H
Waukesha, WI 53188

Hope we can get a number of you to join us for this free event. We have had a few of you join at the May 9, 2009 event which was a lot of fun.
JG853
Old 01-31-2010, 08:59 PM

How was the turn out? Hope there will be more in the WI and IL area for 2010.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:35 AM

August 9, 2014 - WI/IL Cruise

Hello everyone -
Please let me know if you are interested in joining us for a cruise to the back roads and go to dinner. We are considering going to Lake Geneva or Holy Hill (TBD).

Our plan is to meet at The College Avenue Park and Ride lot (Same lot we met at before) at 4:15 PM, then cruise to dinner together.

Right now we have a number of Corvettes, Ford GT's, Lotus', Vipers, and SVT Cobra's joining us. All sports cars/sedans are welcome.

If you are interested in joining, please email me at [email protected] so my PM's do not get filled up.

More details to be emailed to everyone who is interested.
JG853