Winter, winter - S2000 Forums

Java's Just Drivin' A place to talk about the joys of driving the S2000

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-14-2016, 07:56 PM   #1
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

Winter, winter

Getting some much needed rain and snow in the Sierras; putting a dent in the drought. Don't like driving the S in the rain much, still prefer top down even if it is cool.

Once mentioned to Java Junky I did not like to drive the S in the snow. He said:

“I just don't see the point in driving in the white stuff.” End quote.

May I properly introduce myself: I be Jack of the house of Marchese. And the only quote that I’ll recite religiously . . even more than the wonderful words of my old Bowery ‘bo, were Mario’s words (that’d be Papa Mario . . not that other Mario): “Bad weather is the poor man’s Bondurant”.
When it gets slippery and I can make use of it . . . my pulse quickens, my eyes get glassy and woe betide he who strays into my chosen path of righteousness that leadeth me to the decided upon foil for my socially unacceptable carryings-on.
Slippery turns boring rides into damn good rush material flyboy.
While there may be old pilots and bold pilots, the fact that there’s no old, bold pilots does not apply in my case.
I was never a pilot.

(Budd’I will admit that cobblestonez’re’da stuff’a nightmarez. Hadd’a priddy steep half-mile’a hill’a Staten Island’z Victory Blvd. whutt wuzz cobblestoned. ‘Can’t tell’yuh how many timez my youthful “enthusiasm” had my nuttz fightin’ each udda’da crawl back up inside.)
cosmomiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 05:46 AM   #2
THE STIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmomiller View Post
Getting some much needed rain and snow in the Sierras; putting a dent in the drought. Don't like driving the S in the rain much, still prefer top down even if it is cool.

Once mentioned to Java Junky I did not like to drive the S in the snow. He said:

“I just don't see the point in driving in the white stuff.” End quote.

May I properly introduce myself: I be Jack of the house of Marchese. And the only quote that I’ll recite religiously . . even more than the wonderful words of my old Bowery ‘bo, were Mario’s words (that’d be Papa Mario . . not that other Mario): “Bad weather is the poor man’s Bondurant”.
When it gets slippery and I can make use of it . . . my pulse quickens, my eyes get glassy and woe betide he who strays into my chosen path of righteousness that leadeth me to the decided upon foil for my socially unacceptable carryings-on.
Slippery turns boring rides into damn good rush material flyboy.
While there may be old pilots and bold pilots, the fact that there’s no old, bold pilots does not apply in my case.
I was never a pilot.

(Budd’I will admit that cobblestonez’re’da stuff’a nightmarez. Hadd’a priddy steep half-mile’a hill’a Staten Island’z Victory Blvd. whutt wuzz cobblestoned. ‘Can’t tell’yuh how many timez my youthful “enthusiasm” had my nuttz fightin’ each udda’da crawl back up inside.)
Good old Java. Still miss that guy.

Reminds me of a picture of his S that he posted. Surprised I found it again. Notice the top.

Switchblade is offline   Reply With Quote