Java's Just Drivin' A place to talk about the joys of driving the S2000

Fall Drive in Drought Country

Old 11-17-2014, 07:59 AM
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

Fall Drive in Drought Country

Sunday was a nice fall day in drought country so top down, took the wife out for a spin. Headed from El Dorado Hills to Rescue, and Coloma. A few people out and about enjoying the perfect weather. Headed down through the vineyards near Placerville and to Archer's Butcher Block Deli. More critters than you can eat in a year. Great food. From there we headed up 2 lane roads buried in changing trees to east of Hangtown to Boeger winery for a picnic. Green Valley road to home.

Name:  DSCF2009.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  144.8 KB

Name:  DSCF2011.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  78.1 KB

Name:  DSCF2007.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  146.8 KB

Name:  DSCF2013.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  131.0 KB

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=i...s&via=2,5&z=12

Last edited by cosmomiller; 11-17-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:05 AM
normal aspiration

nice pics. nice drive. i took a drive this past week-end. how do you keep the front of that yeller car so clean? i have bugs all over mine no matter how hard i try. winter is comin' on so i should be good for a while. did you take the grill out? no, not the Big Green Egg. if so, the reasoning?
Old 11-17-2014, 10:26 AM
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

Originally Posted by bbcricketta View Post
nice pics. nice drive. i took a drive this past week-end. how do you keep the front of that yeller car so clean? i have bugs all over mine no matter how hard i try. winter is comin' on so i should be good for a while. did you take the grill out? no, not the Big Green Egg. if so, the reasoning?
Well, the drought has contributed to the low count of bug reproduction. No water, no eggs. Plus the foothills really don't have a lot of bugs to begin with. It has been years since a mosquito has alighted on mon dermis. No real fleas but I do see an occasional tick on the dogs.

I do a two part wax which seems to make wiping it down between washes easy. I do Nu Finish first followed with an old fashioned app of Carnauba wax to make the paint pop. A damp micro fiber towel is great for wiping up any dust. Plus, I use Meguiar's Missing Link Quick Detailer to clean up any bug, bird or tree sap droppings.

Grill? What grill? uh oh. Did not know there was a weber or if I hit one. I guess you can't see it in the pic. You are referring to the black plastic piece that splits the intake? Its there, have not done anything to it. Actually, you can see the off center "mount" piece (with the circle inside of the square) I always thought I would use to mount a cut down version of my license plate in the event LEO enforcement insisted on it. Car is pretty darn stock. Still has the original radio but that is going to go this spring when the new stuff comes out. I also covered the airbag warnings with aluminum S2000 plates; you can see it in the picture.

Any more detailed of your new love of the automotive world with those baby blue fenders?

Name:  imagejpg1-10.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  73.8 KB

Last edited by cosmomiller; 11-17-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:59 AM

Nice pics Cosmo. It snowed here Saturday so my thoughts turn to storing her for the winter. Depressing Enjoy the weather there!!
Old 11-17-2014, 01:33 PM
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

Originally Posted by phins2rt View Post
Nice pics Cosmo. It snowed here Saturday so my thoughts turn to storing her for the winter. Depressing Enjoy the weather there!!
No, no, NO! I went to Drake for a couple of years and my sister lived there at the time. She (really her husband) had a 64 1/2 Mustang convertible that I loved driving around top down in the winter there. That being said, I must add my sister and husband now live in Coronado California!!! I headed for Europe and UC Davis.

BTW, KCBR was started up by my brother in law. The letters of the station stand for the first names of the partners. The R stands for Raymond. Don't remember K but the others are Charlie and Bill.