In Memory Of Java Junky - S2000 Forums

Java's Just Drivin' A place to talk about the joys of driving the S2000

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #1  
THE STIG

In Memory Of Java Junky

You'll notice that this forum (Java's Just Drivin') is now dedicated to the late Java Junky. He was a great part of this site for many years as well as a friend to me and others on this site. Let his memory live on and always be at our side when we search for the best twisties.

https://www.s2000.com/forums/news-an...mous-java.html

Last edited by Switchblade; 11-15-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Switchblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #2  
Never Slow down

A nice tribute to a great guy.
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #3  
Mr. Riley Wilson

Blade,

(I'm adopting JJ's nickname for you!) Thank you so much for getting this done. Patrick has done him right! Thinking I'm borderline crazy, I find myself lost in an in between world of real life and internet life. From my perspective I've lost the best friend I've ever had that I never met? ....and I mean that sincerely! He was that guy! I will go to my grave knowing that he was sent to me from the man upstairs. Knowing what I needed. What confuses me is why He doesn't think I still need that special person?

Wanting to send him an email or looking to see if he had sent me one, about the daily happenings of our lives is no longer an option, as we, have done for the past year and a half. I sit back and try to figure out how is this possible? Corresponding with JJ was a huge event in my daily routine.

To me, he was bigger than life. He was my unconditional friend. People like this are rare and come by once in a lifetime, if ever! An angel? Maybe my guarding guy!

In the end, I loved JJ more than myself. There is nothing that I wouldn't have done for him. I'm not sure how to go on from here, but I do know that he thought very highly of you and was extremely relieved that you took over for him here.

It's been laid at your feet. You now are "that guy!" Make us proud! If I can help please contact me!

Last edited by Charlie Croker; 11-16-2013 at 03:19 AM.
Charlie Croker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Croker View Post
Blade,

(I'm adopting JJ's nickname for you!) Thank you so much for getting this done. Patrick has done him right! Thinking I'm borderline crazy, I find myself lost in an in between world of real life and internet life. From my perspective I've lost the best friend I've ever had that I never met? ....and I mean that sincerely! He was that guy! I will go to my grave knowing that he was sent to me from the man upstairs. Knowing what I needed. What confuses me is why He doesn't think I still need that special person?

Wanting to send him an email or looking to see if he had sent me one, about the daily happenings of our lives is no longer an option, as we, have done for the past year and a half. I sit back and try to figure out how is this possible? Corresponding with JJ was a huge event in my daily routine.

To me, he was bigger than life. He was my unconditional friend. People like this are rare and come by once in a lifetime, if ever! An angel? Maybe my guarding guy!

In the end, I loved JJ more than myself. There is nothing that I wouldn't have done for him. I'm not sure how to go on from here, but I do know that he thought very highly of you and was extremely relieved that you took over for him here.

It's been laid at your feet. You now are "that guy!" Make us proud! If I can help please contact me!
Hey Charlie, I know how you feel, all of us that interacted with John both on and off this forum and Motorheads discovered the neatest, coolest dude imaginable. I will be honest, I was crying when I told my wife he had passed away. But ultimately we honor him the best by remembering him, being nice to each other, and enjoying our cars. Hell, it is what he would have wanted.
My memorial to him is threefold: I transferred the 100 or so personal emails he sent me to separate file in my hard drive so they will never get lost, I called my priest and paid for the flowers at the alter this week to honor John, and I made a little round sticker for the dash of Stewie that reads: "Drive it for JJ".
I, like many of you, have done a number of posts in the last week about our feeling for him, this will be my last one, now I'll just drive it for JJ.
cdk456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #5  
Mr. Riley Wilson

cdk,

I hear ya brother. Like I said, JJ is right here with me most all the time. I can feel it. I was blessed beyond my wildest expectations! JJ would want us to move on! Plain and simple! He was the true, humble, servant.

Blessed.......daaaaaaamn!.......absolutely Blessed! Thank you, thank you, thank you JJ.

How can we get one of those stickers? I'd love to join you, Just driving it for JJ!

I expect great things from Blade!
Charlie Croker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #6  

Hand made Charlie, I had some little pale yellow stickers about 3/4" in diameter at school. I wrote along the edges in a fine line pen, "Drive it for" and then in the center a big "JJ". Stuck it at the top of the rev counter past the 9k point.
cdk456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #7  
THE STIG

Thanks for the support Charlie.

CDK, I'd love to see a pic of said sticker.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #8  
official newb

I'm shocked.
Being on the cpu chatting here we dont think of age or a persons history. Java has been a character and someone that always left me scratching my head, really gonna miss him.
kreapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 11:21 AM   #9  

Wherever your drivin Java, watch out for em "wet leaves" brutha.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:54 PM   #10  

In memory, this thread needs a bump !
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:40 AM   #11  
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Drive on Jack. May the road always be smooth and all the curves fun ones.
kgf3076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:08 AM   #12  
THE STIG

Keep on driving Jack!
Old 02-07-2018, 03:04 PM   #13  
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

For me he was the beginning of an avalanche of deaths. JJ was quite a guy.

I miss so many that I know. I add them all up and it blows me away. You intuitively know every generation's mortality is 100% but it is a shock sometimes when you feel death's breath on your back.
cosmomiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:18 AM   #14  
THE STIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmomiller View Post
I miss so many that I know. I add them all up and it blows me away. You intuitively know every generation's mortality is 100% but it is a shock sometimes when you feel death's breath on your back.
I hear that Cosmo.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:09 PM   #15  
EYECELLEM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade View Post
I hear that Cosmo.
'blade, what are you? 25ish???

C'mon now
Glenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:23 AM   #16