Java's Just Drivin' A place to talk about the joys of driving the S2000

Whudd'itt'z All About Alfie

Old 02-20-2011, 07:14 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Whudd'itt'z All About Alfie

'Rockin'n rollin' out in'a early dawn, jus' cruizin' out'ta'da twistiez'n'en wickin'itt'upp'z'da turnz start comin' fas'n furious. 'Bitchin' lef' hander'n'en'a hill wit' . . . frozen run-off goin' completely across'da road'n continuin' on fer'a good 40 foot.

'N'I'm dinkin' . . izz'itt possible'att some'a'da guyz on'a site're ownin' Stewie'z'n jus' not gettin'itt?
Izz'itt possible'att some'a'da guyz're missin' out on whudd'a terrific handlin' piece'a machinery we've been blessed wit'?

Yeah, yeah . . I know. I'm'da las' one whutt'z gonna deny'datt each'n every one'uv us laid down our hard-earned'n hazz'da right'ta doo whudeva'idd'izz datt dey wanna wit' deir Stewie.
But, how would'juh feel if yuh never experienced whut li'l Stewie could do until . . . . after yuh ain't godd'er no'mo.

I've ridden in fas'er ridez. I've even ridden in stickier ridez.
But Stewie'z'da bes', bar-none, all'roun' sportscar I've ever owned'r dadd'I'll ever be likely'da afford.
I'm truly fortunate in bein' able to own'n'da pilot diss mechanical marvel.
I truly hope'datt'da res'a youze guyz appreciate'n actually experience whut our "li'l frien" hazz'da offer.

Last edited by Java Junky; 02-20-2011 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Doze liddle lumpz in mashed buddaydaz
Old 02-20-2011, 07:23 AM
Got S2000?

I was out for a similar cruise around 7:30 this morning, and I saw the same thing you're talkin about. Ice sheets, ice sheets, ice sheets, one after another!

Catching some of the movie Titanic on TV last night, I proceeded with caution (after all, the temp gauge was reading a balmy 26 degrees).

Wish that old Capt'n had done the same.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:57 AM
EYECELLEM

You're preachin' to the choir, JJ. (at least where I'm concerned). Stewie is mahvelous.....
Old 02-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

'Att very well may be Glenn.
Budd'itt'z somethin'att evruh once't in'a while, jus' needz sayin', y'know?

You know . . itt'z equal time'fuh'dem whut'z polishin'itt all weeken'n'en jus' sit back in'a lawn chair'da admire'itt, 'n'dem whut should be decorayderz'n should be playin' wit' chintz slip-coverz'n color-coordinayded curtainz.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:04 AM

My S is very near the top of my list of things which I am very lucky to have in my life. I am an all time pessimist and see the decline and fall of "Western Civilization" just beyond the horizon. US oil production topped out in the 70's, world oil production topped out around '08 or so. We may be living at the absolute pinnacle of affluence and driving a near perfect machine at will. I'll be driving it to Canada as soon as the first palm tree is reported growing healthily there. In the mean time it's in the garage- 5 days of snow here- my skis are due for one last wax.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by 3.1415926 View Post
My S is very near the top of my list of things which I am very lucky to have in my life. I am an all time pessimist and see the decline and fall of "Western Civilization" just beyond the horizon. US oil production topped out in the 70's, world oil production topped out around '08 or so. We may be living at the absolute pinnacle of affluence and driving a near perfect machine at will. I'll be driving it to Canada as soon as the first palm tree is reported growing healthily there. In the mean time it's in the garage- 5 days of snow here- my skis are due for one last wax.
fantastic post.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Mr. Riley Wilson

If I only got to jump into my S, turn the key, push the button and hear that motor jump into action, I'd consider myself a blessed man, let alone actually being able to drive it!

This is one of the finest pieces of machinery that I've ever driven. It's simplicity makes it even more desirable! Dated???????????? Maybe? Classy??????????? Hell yeah!!!!!

Great thread JJ and count me in!
Old 02-20-2011, 11:35 AM
EYECELLEM

The styling is timeless. It'll still look current in 20+ years.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:48 AM

I'm not enthralled with the styling of the S.....at least it's reserved.....I still am not in love with the yellow, but in a car this small, I figure it is a safety enhancement.

Fortunately, all the magic happens from behind the wheel. It's been a great dd, and it do all they say it do.

jagg
Old 02-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Hybrid Hater

I will probably keep this car for the rest of my life. Im only 22 and have had the car since I was 18. Im in for the long haul.

I dont car if it isnt the fasted, the best handling, or the nicest looking. I love it and thats all that matters.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:44 PM
EYECELLEM

^^Awwww...the young 'un's in love......awwww....
Old 02-20-2011, 04:09 PM
Bug Zapper

Nothing sticks to the road like s2ewie. I dont get why people think shes not fast either. Once vtec kicks in shes as fast as most.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:38 AM
THE STIG

I plan on keeping Stewie for a while as well. I was going to take mine out yesterday but didn't because of ice on the roads.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:16 AM
normal aspiration

ain't much more fun to be had, if you're a drivin' fool, than to settle into the cockpit of an S2000 and hit the open road. some people aren't drivers and they just don't get it. so be it.

top down, wind swirlin', motor growlin', g-forces actin'--you and the pavement with a fine machine at your command. it's transformin'.

i know what i got. i'm not often thinkin' about it. it does cross my mind sometimes but mostly i'm just enjoyin' it.

keep it tween the lines and check the rear-view often.

bb