Java's Just Drivin' A place to talk about the joys of driving the S2000

The first shot of adrenaline

Old 09-13-2010, 06:31 PM
mlc

The first shot of adrenaline

Thanks Java for getting this going .

One of my joys of driving the S is that first shot of adrenaline. Maybe it is just me but after that first set of nice twisties that you "enjoy" there is that rush of adrenaline that is somewhat hard to explain. It kind of washes over you once you are through and take a breath. I always love that feeling and while I always enjoy the rest of the drive it just isn't the same as that.

Kevin
Old 09-14-2010, 03:30 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Ah!
Da RUSH!
Know'a whu'cha speak Kev.
Life'd be unendin' mealz'a boiled cabbage widdout we gott'da RUSH.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:05 AM
THE STIG

Thanks Java for getting this going .

One of my joys of driving the S is that first shot of adrenaline. Maybe it is just me but after that first set of nice twisties that you "enjoy" there is that rush of adrenaline that is somewhat hard to explain. It kind of washes over you once you are through and take a breath. I always love that feeling and while I always enjoy the rest of the drive it just isn't the same as that.

Kevin

Got to agree with you there. Also, when you crack the vtec for the first time. I was smiling ear to ear!
Old 09-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Bug Zapper

Razor sharp reflexes and a high strung 4 banger make for an exciting commute. Its better than coffee thats for sure.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:06 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Watch'itt Iosh!
Yer treadin' in heresy territory!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:14 AM
Bug Zapper

Originally Posted by Marioshi View Post
Razor sharp reflexes and a high strung 4 banger make for an exciting commute. Its better than Maxwell House thats for sure.
Fixed?
Old 09-15-2010, 06:14 AM

my common drug in the 2k is the moment I tear up to a nice corner goin much faster than most cars could my heart then skips a beat or makes one big palpatation [ not sure which] then I take a breath n dive in.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:28 AM

Frist adrenaline rush with stewie was the day I bought my first one. Getting on I85 southbound I stuck the pedal to the floor and about halfway down the ramp I felt vtec for the first time. WOW!!!!!
Old 09-17-2010, 08:58 AM

My CR came at the end of a string of factory prepared sportbikes, so the thrill wasn't as devine for me.

However, the day after I picked it up I was waiting at a red light in San Francisco. Crossing the crosswalk was a mother and her son who looked to be around eight. He stopped, looked at my bright yellow CR, bugged his eyes, and as his annoyed mother dragged him away yelled the word AWESOOOOOOME!

I immediately threw him a thumbs-up and yelled; "Keep the dream alive, man". It was the single coolest experience I've ever had with any car, motorcycle, boat, or bicycle.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Bug Zapper

Originally Posted by specialk View Post

I immediately threw him a thumbs-up and yelled; "Keep the dream alive, man". It was the single coolest experience I've ever had with any car, motorcycle, boat, or bicycle.
Sadly, my wife is the one who primarily gets compliments, people staring at her, random people trying to talk to her in traffic, etc. Some random girl(prob 16ish) did yell "I LIKE YOUR CAR" to me from the side of the road last week. I waved politely and it definitely made my day.

If I get my second press call before lunch I am gonna take the S out for a shot of adrenaline out near the Air Force Base for sure.

Last edited by Marioshi; 09-17-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:29 PM

S2000 is an attention hog i love it
Old 10-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Yeah, I love it when folks yell a'cha 'cauze'a'yuh bein' in Stewie.
(Unfortunately, itt'z usually "Why'da @*#& don'cha wash'att @*#&in' thing!".)
Old 10-16-2010, 04:32 PM
mlc

Classic happened today....

I pull into the Auto Parts Store today to get a set or brake pads for the Mrs. car. As I pull in there are Boy Scouts out front selling popcorn. I hear one of them say "Ooooo, there is a guy in a Porsche". I quickly here a reply "NOOOO that's a Honda S2000". I walk up and they ask if I would like to buy any popcorn and I say "no thanks" and then ask for the one that knew it was an S2000 and gave him $5 .

Kevin
Old 10-16-2010, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by mlc View Post
I walk up and they ask if I would like to buy any popcorn and I say "no thanks" and then ask for the one that knew it was an S2000 and gave him $5 .

Kevin
props to you for rewarding proper automotive knowledge! porsche?!? don't insult me!
Old 10-20-2010, 07:50 PM

Lately, Although I shouldn't, I found a new way to have fun. Driving in the rain with your rear tires with almost no grip! =))

Haha of course i dont recommend this in any way, but once you take your driving to the next level you will try to drift, but make sure you do it somewhere safe where the streets are empty and wide! and of course no cops hahahaha (Dont over due it haha)

Man... people are going to flame me for doing "illegal **** in the streets", but really you know everyone here do it once in a while!!!

I have to get new rear tires...
Old 10-20-2010, 10:48 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

"It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge."

Pappy alwayz use'ta say: "Anybody can drive in'a dry."

(I've found that many go to great lengthz'da try'n prove this statement wrong.)
Drivin' hard in'a rain'z'da poor manz Barber'r Bondurant.
'Been'a student'a'da School'a Limited Traction for many yearz myownself RW.
'Can't recommend it highly enough.
(Oh, 'n stop leavin'yer gum under the seat, will'yuh?)