Go Back  S2000 Forums > Technical > Interior / Audio / Electronics
Please help me identify this interior part for replacement >

Please help me identify this interior part for replacement

Old 09-02-2015, 05:59 AM

I recently purchased an ap1. There was a part missing and I can't identify what it is. It goes where the glovebox would be in a regular car. What is that called and does anyone have a picture of what it should look like? I need to know what I'm looking for when trying to replace it.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:18 AM
THE STIG

Originally Posted by ceophlo View Post
I recently purchased an ap1. There was a part missing and I can't identify what it is. It goes where the glovebox would be in a regular car. What is that called and does anyone have a picture of what it should look like? I need to know what I'm looking for when trying to replace it.
You might want to try and post a pic of where this would go.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Switchblade View Post
You might want to try and post a pic of where this would go.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:37 AM

Old 09-02-2015, 05:27 PM
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

I wonder if an Ap2 super duper 'glove box' (shelves really) would fit there. Might want to do that instead of what went with the Ap1.
Was just in there on mine to tap into the speed wire so my volume control on the new head unit can adjust depending upon speed.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by cosmomiller View Post
I wonder if an Ap2 super duper 'glove box' (shelves really) would fit there. Might want to do that instead of what went with the Ap1.
Was just in there on mine to tap into the speed wire so my volume control on the new head unit can adjust depending upon speed.
I might just do that. And uh... can you post a tutorial so you can show me how to adjust the volume by speed. That sounds cool.

Also, I have an aftermarket head unit is it possible to use the volume control next to the steering wheel on the head unit?
Old 09-03-2015, 01:18 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Originally Posted by ceophlo View Post
I might just do that. And uh... can you post a tutorial so you can show me how to adjust the volume by speed. That sounds cool.

Also, I have an aftermarket head unit is it possible to use the volume control next to the steering wheel on the head unit?
Get a Modifry DCI (www.modifry.com). That will give you speed controlled volume and allow the use of the dash controls.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by kgf3076 View Post
Get a Modifry DCI (www.modifry.com). That will give you speed controlled volume and allow the use of the dash controls.

I think I read last night that the modifry dci works with pioneer and a few others. The head unit I want to put in is neither of those brands. Will it still work?
Old 09-03-2015, 07:47 AM
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

Originally Posted by kgf3076 View Post
Yep, all the info you need it there. Pretty much any brand will work with varying degrees on input. He explains it all.

I went for a Sony MEX-GS810BH from Crutchfields. Obviously it fits in the tight space but I also wanted dash controls, good power to make do with the stock speakers (was not ready to re-do those quite yet) good NFC/bluetooth connectivity, play real CDs, have digital radio with real pre-set buttons for easy station switching, and variable lights to match the S's lights so it looked somewhat natural in the car.

I got it all and more. I downloaded the app on my Note4 and the thing links automatically when I start the car. I can control it with the heading, the dash controls, or the phone. I find I never even open the radio door now (unless I play a CD) and I use the phone and dash controls only. I can't believe the stock speakers sound they way they do.

Here is my setup. The one black wire with the red posi tap on the end is the speed wire that just taps in under the dash. Very easy. You can program the degrees of volume and speed.

Name:  20150616_230023.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  290.9 KB

Last edited by cosmomiller; 09-03-2015 at 07:50 AM.