Dash kit?

Old 04-28-2013, 01:28 PM

Dash kit?

Hey guys, newbie here. i just sold my Eclipse for an 02 silver AP1 (really effing stoked on it. s2k has been my dream car for years) anyway i have a question.

Ive been doing some digging and cant seem to find what im looking for. Do we need a special dash kit for aftermarket head units? ive looked on the forum, Metra online and Soche er whatever. and cant find anything. I have a Kenwood HU id like to slap in there asap, along with some speakers to match (kinda bummed these cars dont have 6x9 spots for them. only 6.5s and a pair of tweeters? damn)

also, another stupid question. but if any of you have dual 12" set ups id like to see and ask how you did it. cause my box is way too big for these trunks. hell i might only need one sub since i cant use my 6x9s now. Anyway. something to mull around with in the future. thanks alot dudes, cant wait to call this my new home good bye c4g
Old 04-28-2013, 05:15 PM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Nothing special required except for (possibly) a Modifry DCI and Plug and Play adaptor to keep the dash controls. Believe me, replacing the stock speakers with a set of good speakers makes all the difference in the world. I have 1 10" JL sub mounted in the trunk and it does the job quite well. You could probably build custom enclosures for either side of the trunk but why bother? One is more than sufficient.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:41 PM

yeah ive seen you post about the modifry DCI thing. its an awesome concept but volume control isnt worth 90 bucks to me :/ and i believe it. stock is always garbage. ill probably just use my amp to power the speakers and one sub this time around. im sure it would sound great in the right box. but thanks dude. should be able to knock this out by the end of the week depending on shipping