Last 3 bars on fuel guage

Old 12-13-2011, 11:48 AM
  #41  
THE STIG
 
Switchblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NAZARETH, PA
Posts: 8,317
Originally Posted by Marioshi View Post
If that is the case, how did he make it to the gas station!
Switchblade is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 11:50 AM
  #42  
Bug Zapper
 
Marioshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,109
Probably. I ran the s2000 out of gas once, I was kind of sad I wasnt able to push it to a gas station and see how much I would need to completely fill up.
Marioshi is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 03:25 PM
  #43  
General Nuisance
 
Doug3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In arrears
Posts: 2,506
Originally Posted by Marioshi View Post
Probably. I ran the s2000 out of gas once, I was kind of sad I wasnt able to push it to a gas station and see how much I would need to completely fill up.
My neighbor has a Jetta diesel. He ran out of fuel once on a trip to PA. He thought that he could simply pour in a couple gallons of diesel and be on his way. He had to get towed to a VW dealer and have the fuel system bled. It ended up costing him $400 plus the cost of motel for one night.
He never lets it go below half a tank anymore.
Doug3 is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 03:32 PM
  #44  
Bug Zapper
 
Marioshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,109
Yeah, I try not to make a habit of running the car out of fuel but we were on our way out of town in a rural part of CA and I figured there would be a gas station off the freeway before we left town. Guess I was wrong, was hoping I would make it to the next town but fell a couple miles short.

Whoops. Glad I didnt burn out the fuel pump. My father in law did that with their Mecury Villager and his wife was PISSED.
Marioshi is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 07:20 PM
  #45  
'06 S2k
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 401
I can put 1.5 to 2.5 gal. more in the tank after the pump clicks off by itself, it all depends on how fast the pump pumps the fuel. I have never ran out of fuel in the "S" but I have in my truck once(it holds 300 gal's.). I had to prime my pump to, but I could do it with one tool and in about 2 min. it was running. I have gone over 35 miles with no bars in the "S" and though I don't like to get that low, when I'm on some of my drives it might be 200 miles before I see a gas station. I have a ride I do on my bike that takes about 7 hours and is a little over 300 miles to go from Sacramento to Lake Tahoe, so I take 3 qt. bottles of gas with me so I don't run out in the middle of no where.
Look at the gas gauge

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/P1000671.jpg

ROD

Last edited by rrounds; 12-13-2011 at 07:29 PM.
rrounds is offline  
Old 12-14-2011, 05:15 AM
  #46  
THE STIG
 
Switchblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NAZARETH, PA
Posts: 8,317
Originally Posted by rrounds View Post
I can put 1.5 to 2.5 gal. more in the tank after the pump clicks off by itself, it all depends on how fast the pump pumps the fuel. I have never ran out of fuel in the "S" but I have in my truck once(it holds 300 gal's.). I had to prime my pump to, but I could do it with one tool and in about 2 min. it was running. I have gone over 35 miles with no bars in the "S" and though I don't like to get that low, when I'm on some of my drives it might be 200 miles before I see a gas station. I have a ride I do on my bike that takes about 7 hours and is a little over 300 miles to go from Sacramento to Lake Tahoe, so I take 3 qt. bottles of gas with me so I don't run out in the middle of no where.
Look at the gas gauge

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/P1000671.jpg

ROD
Wow, no bars at all!
Switchblade is offline  
Old 12-14-2011, 07:50 AM
  #47  
'06 S2k
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 401
That's right S/B and that is why I take some gas with me on the bike(I hate to push) but in the "S" someone has to push and someone has to drive and I do all the driving on our drives(I knew the wife would come in handy someday).

ROD
rrounds is offline  
Old 12-14-2011, 07:50 AM
  #48  
Bug Zapper
 
Marioshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,109
Hmmm.

You are defintely overfilling your tank. Not gonna give you a hard time about it, but just consider that you might be paying for gas you arent getting. 13.57 is def more than the tank can hold and assuming there was some gas in there already (you got to the station right?) you probably fed gas back to the pump through the vapor recovery system.
Marioshi is offline  
Old 12-14-2011, 04:02 PM
  #49  
'06 S2k
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 401
Originally Posted by Marioshi View Post
Hmmm.

......you probably fed gas back to the pump through the vapor recovery system.
I don't think I did because I have never put more in my bike than about 3 gal. and I fill it the same way. So if the gas could go back through the vapor recovery system I would be able to put more in my bike to and I haven't.
I use something like this to fill my car and bike
http://www.mccuff.com/

ROD
rrounds is offline  
Old 12-15-2011, 06:19 PM
  #50  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 54
Same as everyone else, those last 3 bars come and go very quickly. I have seen it go down to 1 bar and after parking, stopping, and leaving the car for a few minutes, it jumps back up to 2 or 3. I've made it a habit to stop once I hit 2 or 3 bars.
bgshiznit is offline  
Old 12-15-2011, 06:29 PM
  #51  
Senior Member
 
jagg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Endless Mountains
Posts: 5,413
you can easily drive the S 35 miles from the time it hits 0 bars.
conservative estimate.

I regularly fill from 0 bars and rarely get past 12 gallons back into the tank.

'n that's counting on rounding up fer the sake of the almighty slip.

same for versions one and two.

jagg
jagg is offline  
Old 12-16-2011, 08:09 AM
  #52  
Bug Zapper
 
Marioshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,109
Originally Posted by rrounds View Post
I don't think I did because I have never put more in my bike than about 3 gal. and I fill it the same way. So if the gas could go back through the vapor recovery system I would be able to put more in my bike to and I haven't.
I use something like this to fill my car and bike
http://www.mccuff.com/

ROD
Yeah, looks like those are for bikes. You are overfilling your cars. They arent meant to fill all teh way up the neck. Again, your car, not hating but it seems like a bad idea.
Marioshi is offline  
Old 12-22-2011, 01:17 PM
  #53  
Junior Member
 
silverst0ner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: los angeles
Posts: 28
when i get down to the last few bars, i feel the readings are really inaccurate as the bars come and go. i ran out of gas once because of that. luckily i was at home warming her up
silverst0ner is offline  
Old 01-13-2012, 09:02 AM
  #54  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by Kenshyn View Post
Everything that is in that tank is eventually going to get sucked though. That's what fuel filters are for :/
Ditto. I never understood the "suck the stuff from the bottom" theory. Like the gas tank is left in the garage not moving. Or something.....

Originally Posted by rrounds View Post
Second half of the gauge goes faster than the first half and the most gas I've put in was 13.57 gal. Most of the time I put between 11 and 12.5 gal's. in my "S".ROD
200 miles first half. 100 miles left. Regardless of type of driving or road. 39k miles. Last 3 or 4 bars do go rather quickly.
PacmanS2000 is offline  
Old 01-20-2012, 07:01 AM
  #55  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 33
i hate those last 3 bars..
magnuszero is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
CFM111
All Other Honda S2000 Related Discussions
3
07-18-2011 11:00 AM
Splatv6
Want to Buy/Trade For
3
03-11-2010 03:44 PM
Dr. Jimbo
Interior / Audio / Electronics
5
05-04-2007 12:07 PM
NewJerseyDesigner
All Other Honda S2000 Related Discussions
4
10-08-2006 12:02 PM
SirBrucskie
All Other Honda S2000 Related Discussions
2
04-12-2005 03:39 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Last 3 bars on fuel guage


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.