Car won't start - S2000 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
s2kmyheart

Car won't start

NYE some d-wad bent the arm of my windsheild wiper into a z. Nothing major; funny thing was, when I started my engine, a radio code was required. Since then, every now and then the radio theft code would be prompt again. Yesterday, as I put the key in the ignition to turn the car on, nothing happen. No beeping noise, no key turn click noise, nothing, no radio. The key would turn but nothing would pop up. Tried to press start but nothing. So thinking it could be my battery, I popped my hood and bam, it was like I'm all charged. I was able to start the car like normal. I didn't actually have to lift my hood up, the motion of the hood being popped let all life back in my car. So it happened a second time this morning. I checked to see if something could be touching the battery to lead it from doing this, but not for sure, it's not out of place or anything. Anyone have or heard of the same problem?

I replaced the arm of my wiper last night. It's a '06 model. I don't think I need a new battery, because I didn't need a jump. One of my friend mention something about the s possibly being grounded??? I tried to look that up but still is unfamiliar with it. Want your opinion if you got one and advice if you are familiar with this problem... thanks in advance!!!
miyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
Seņor Member

Not knowing your car it sounds like you have an anti-theft system that is acting up. Is there a contact switch on the hood of your car?

Combined with the vandalism to your wiper arm it sounds like a failed break in attempt. They may have been try to pry it off for a do it yourself slim jim. That's my best guess.
backusstudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
THE STIG

I agree with the anti-theft system idea.
Switchblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:15 PM   #4

Start with the battery and connections, and go from there
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:33 PM   #5
Hybrid Hater

It does sound like an anti-theft problem. However I would start with the simple stuff first. Battery, wires, fuses, gas lol
0tyrael0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:46 AM   #6
s2kmyheart

thanks for the imput! will get that checked out this week!! ^_^<
miyu is offline   Reply With Quote