Boosted EMS and ITB/tranny question noob

Old 04-18-2008, 01:01 AM

Boosted EMS and ITB/tranny question noob

Hi guys,
I am new to this whole S2k Scene I am currently on the way to owning a 2001 AP1 s2k with high millage. I am interested in boosting this car but there were a few questions that I had along the way.

First off i am not new to the car scene, My Previous cars include a 94 Supra T66 single 6spd, 944 turbo, turbo Spec V, turbo 325 and my father used to own a b18c1 swapped civic, but thats not really relivent.

But anyways I was wondering what engine management systems people commonly use. Megasquirt was a simple cheap DIY type of engine management which was common in the bmw scene however it doesn't seem very fitting for the vtec f20c. I have thought about AEM ems but I remember the horrid nightmares i had with it on the supra. So i would like not to turn to that unless absolutely necessary. I hear people using the greddy e manage, Is any one using that here? Also how are your experiences with that particular set up?

Now this is kind of going out on a Limb but i want to run a ITB set up with a turbo set up for added response. ITBs for one are a pain in the *** to tune i hear on boosted applications but i hear the results are worth it. So now Has any ran Emanage with ITBS or FI or even both would be great.

My final question which I cannot find anywhere. How much does the stock s2k tranny and diff hold? Will it be able to take the thrashing the turbo motor will produce? I know in my supra i didnt have problems with the v160 getrag because we had people pushing over 1000whp on those trannies stock. However i have never heard anything about the stock s2k tranny or the s2k rear end. I hear that the rear end is rather weak, what are replacement options?

any input would be greatly appreciated!
thanks for your time guys!
Jason
Old 04-18-2008, 06:52 AM
Banned for Life

Originally Posted by Xuracing View Post
Hi guys,
I am new to this whole S2k Scene I am currently on the way to owning a 2001 AP1 s2k with high millage. I am interested in boosting this car but there were a few questions that I had along the way.

First off i am not new to the car scene, My Previous cars include a 94 Supra T66 single 6spd, 944 turbo, turbo Spec V, turbo 325 and my father used to own a b18c1 swapped civic, but thats not really relivent.

But anyways I was wondering what engine management systems people commonly use. Megasquirt was a simple cheap DIY type of engine management which was common in the bmw scene however it doesn't seem very fitting for the vtec f20c. I have thought about AEM ems but I remember the horrid nightmares i had with it on the supra. So i would like not to turn to that unless absolutely necessary. I hear people using the greddy e manage, Is any one using that here? Also how are your experiences with that particular set up?

Now this is kind of going out on a Limb but i want to run a ITB set up with a turbo set up for added response. ITBs for one are a pain in the *** to tune i hear on boosted applications but i hear the results are worth it. So now Has any ran Emanage with ITBS or FI or even both would be great.

My final question which I cannot find anywhere. How much does the stock s2k tranny and diff hold? Will it be able to take the thrashing the turbo motor will produce? I know in my supra i didnt have problems with the v160 getrag because we had people pushing over 1000whp on those trannies stock. However i have never heard anything about the stock s2k tranny or the s2k rear end. I hear that the rear end is rather weak, what are replacement options?

any input would be greatly appreciated!
thanks for your time guys!
Jason
I know the block is good for around 500 bhp. Tranny I'm not sure. I would guess around that. Maybe somewhere in the 400 - 500 area..
Old 04-18-2008, 07:39 AM
"Enjoy the drive"

Most people I know use either AEM, Ultimate emanage, or Greddy E-Manage. This thread may be helpful to you:
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=274249
Old 04-19-2008, 01:52 AM
Boost Junkie

I would suggest Hondata Kpro. The weak part of the S2k drivetrain is the rear end. If you do any extensive power adders you are going to want to change the rear end to a beefier setup. Most people I have seen that have done this use the rear end from a 240sx.

I would not to the ITB thing personally, especially if you are going to do piggy back EMS.

For forced induction, go with Full-Race. Their products are amazing.

Link to a great turbo kit for a stock motor and yet it has infinite upgradability for future needs if you want more power.
http://www.full-race.com/catalog/pro...38acf11d0e6212
Old 05-06-2008, 05:40 AM

WARNING--This user is dishonest

FYI: I bought a turbo from this guy in February, and he gave me a money back guarantee. Let's just say I haven't seen him make good on it yet.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH XURACING, Jason Xu, he will rip you off.....

Oh yeah, its kinda nice to see that he will be buying an S2000 but can t afford to repay the $200 for the rebuild kit on the turbo as he agreed to in March......

If you deal with Jason, Buyer beware.....