turbo questions

Old 11-08-2007, 09:43 PM

turbo questions

I have ben researching turbo kits for my somewhat stock 2004 s and have found that the greddy kit is the cheapest and most complete. Hve you guys heard anything about it or do any of you have it? My engine is mostly stock with t1r header test pipe and invidia cat back. I have a engine torque dampiner and ignition amplifier. What kind of boost should i run for a reliable trim? And also have you heard of what kind of numbers you can put down with stock internals? Thanks.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:00 PM

I believe most are around 7psi for reliable running on stock engines.

Last edited by MattG; 11-08-2007 at 10:06 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:09 PM

Dude I was wondering the same thing? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Boost Junkie

man, these cars can take some beating if they are properly tuned. The car comes with forged internals from the factory. I would suggest that you get a full-race stage 2 gt kit, a 3" exhaust, kpro, and run about some 750cc injectors and this will be a fun car. Prepare to spend about 8grand on it though. but there are not many cars on the street that will be able to keep up with you.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:47 PM
running amuck

hey arc, not to go against what you said, but actually damn near any V8 with just bolt ons will still be able to beat this car. Also bigger injectors means upgraded fuel pump, and a high flow rate fuel filter. Also tuning it properly means getting the hondata (not needed, just suggested) or some other software. Plus this car is a big pain in the *** to run a turbo setup on. So for $6500 you can get the kraftworks usa supercharger kit that comes with everything minus the clutch (you will have to upgrade that) and the fuel filter/pump. So for about 7 grand (with some deals) is much better then running a turbo in my opinion. plus arc im sure there are some people that dont know what a kpro is
Old 04-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Boost Junkie

Originally Posted by army_boy View Post
hey arc, not to go against what you said, but actually damn near any V8 with just bolt ons will still be able to beat this car. Also bigger injectors means upgraded fuel pump, and a high flow rate fuel filter. Also tuning it properly means getting the hondata (not needed, just suggested) or some other software. Plus this car is a big pain in the *** to run a turbo setup on. So for $6500 you can get the kraftworks usa supercharger kit that comes with everything minus the clutch (you will have to upgrade that) and the fuel filter/pump. So for about 7 grand (with some deals) is much better then running a turbo in my opinion. plus arc im sure there are some people that dont know what a kpro is

A larger fuel pump is not needed for anything under 425whp just larger injectors. Granted a fully upgraded fuel system is suggested but not necessarily required. The only way I would force induce any motor is with a full standalone engine management system like Hondata. I personally run hondata in my daily driven turbo RSX.

Who ever said anything about a V-8, I never said anything about a v-8 all I said is that these motors are stronger than people give them credit for.

Oh, and for most V-8's I have a bit of a surprise for them with my little Honda 4-banger, granted I did spend a good bit of money on it. Not many cars keep up with us on the road or no the track:

Name:  Garage2.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  67.0 KB

Name:  IMG_4663.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  61.5 KB

Name:  IMG_5036.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  45.5 KB

Name:  IMG_4870.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  52.6 KB

Name:  IMG_5247.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  85.1 KB

And a pic of when we were making the manifold and test fitting it, sorry I don't have any current pictures of my engine bay:

Name:  rsx1-1.jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  76.4 KB

Here is my Mod list:

Custom peakboost turbo kit with the following:
-T3/44 Sidemount stainless steel Turbo Manifold (Coated by HPC)
-44mm Dumptube (Coated by HPC)
-3" Stainless 2 pc downpipe w v-band (Coated by HPC)
-Garrett GT3076 turbo (.82 AR, .60trim, S-cover)(Exhaust housing Coated by HPC)
-Tial 44mm Wastegate
-Tial 50mm Blow off valve
-PWR 6" x 23.5" x 3" vertical flow intercooler core(total height is 12") (anodized black)
-2.5" Aluminum chargepipe kit with PWR Silicon Couplers & t-bolt clamps (Piping powder coated black)
-Steel braided oil/feed return lines
All installation hardware, gaskets, & heatwrap
K&N Intake filter

Besides these parts that came with the kit I am going to be running the following:

Hondata Kpro
GM 3bar map sensor
GM boost control solenoid
Peakboost Vac Block
Peakboost battery tray
Odyssey battery
Innovative Motor Mounts
CC stage 4 clutch
Oil sandwich plate adapter
hondata intake manifold gasket
Thermal 3" exhaust
NKG BKR9EIX plugs
Walbro intank pump
AEM fuel rail
Aeromotive FPR
RC 750cc injectors
-8an stainless fuel feed lines & -6an return lines all with Earls & Russel fittings
Aeromotive 10 micron inline fuel filter
RBC intake manifold
Hondawerx RBC adapter

Then I have alot of money into my suspension, wheels, interior, etc.

I know what these motors can handle and they can handle way more than a mere 400whp daily driven with a decent tune.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:18 PM
running amuck

yea thats way too much money for me, and i think you and my buddies grand prix should race, i think he would win in the 1/4 mile race for sure but you might have him in a road coarse, idk tho