2000 s2000 turbo throttle blip stall no restart - S2000 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-31-2017, 10:23 AM   #1

2000 s2000 turbo throttle blip stall no restart

trying to help a buddy with some issues on his 2000 Honda s2k. he bought it a couple of years ago and last year he had a turbo kit installed. it was a pre-owned complete turbo kit that was purchased on ebay. the seller stated that they were selling the kit and going with a LS swap on their s2k.

so the issues my buddy is having is the car likes to act like its going to die or die while warm during normal driving conditions. he can be in 4th or 5th gear and the car will want to die or dies. once it dies it does not want to restart. it cranks, but will not restart. he will have to wait for up to 20 to 30 minutes sometimes to go by and then it will let him restart. most of the time it will act-up when coming to a stop, die and then not restart right away. the other issue is if you blip the throttle cold or hot 3 times the car will die. if cold it will restart right away. if the car is cold and you do full throttle or close to full throttle shifts you can go through all the gears without the symptom. also, if you start the car and just let it idle it will idle without hesitation for over an hour. a crank sensor code was present so they replaced the crank sensor. that seemed like it fixed the issue for a few days, but then came right back. the iac has been cleaned as well as the throttle body. when there is a no restart condition he does hear the fuel pump turn on. there is no fuel pressure gauge hooked-up as of right now.

my buddies s2k has about 50,000 miles on it. stock bottom end, rebuilt head with new stock spec cams, supertech valves and supertech bee hive springs, stock transmission, comp stage 4 clutch, comp flywheel and stock rear end. new haltech platinum pro computer, used precision 58/58 turbo, used 1000cc i.d. injectors, new full blown 320 or 340 lph fuel pump, used aem boost controller, new berk 3" all the way back exhaust, used intercooler, stock fuel rail, stock fuel pressure regulator, egr delete, new map sensor, new crank sensor and new pgm-fi relay. the car is tuned and running on e85.

my buddy keeps calling the place the car was tuned at and they keep suggesting stuff that has already been replaced or tested. they suggested a leak down test, which they did while warm and passed (2 8s and 2 10s.) the 1st place I'm going to start is the boost controller. when he got the car back from the dyno the tuner said to take care of that boost controller issue, my buddy didn't know what that meant. but when the ignition is on and the car not running you can hear the boost controller clicking. I called aem and asked about it and they said it will make noise, but be hard to hear. aem tech also wanted to know how the controller was being activated. theres 2 wires coming out of it. 1 goes to 12 volt ignition and the other appears to go to the haltech. I'm trying to get the dyno sheets on the car and upload them to here. I also want to datalog the car and check fuel pressure. looking for help if anyone has had similar issues or a good place to start. I think a couple different things are going on. 1 with the warm or hot stall condition and the other with the throttle blipping. please ask for any other details that might help in diagnosing these issues.
corlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:32 AM   #2
THE STIG

May want to try and post this over at s2ki.com as well.
Switchblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 01:51 PM   #3
EYECELLEM

I'm no expert here, but why e85? The stock engine required 91 octane or higher.
Glenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:43 AM   #4

I think a lot of people do e85 for safety. since your using so much more fuel it adds a cooling factor. you can go bigger on boost because of that and the higher octane rating of e85. I think its usually around 110 or 114 octane.
corlon is offline   Reply With Quote