• 1 Post By s2kx2
  • 1 Post By bbcricketta
  • 1 Post By bbcricketta
  • 1 Post By Switchblade

God speed kit

Old 04-11-2015, 09:35 PM
babyblue_ap2

God speed kit

http://www.s2000upgrades.com/2000-2009-honda-s2000-t3t4-turbonetics-turbo-kit-rev9power-tck-004-p-246917.html

This kit is decent price it comes with a trubonetics turbo so it looks good for its price just want some opinions.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:06 AM
normal aspiration

I wouldn't do it. If gaming is the same as gambling (it is but you might be an Xbox hero and it would be different) take the $2800 to the crap table and try to win enough to buy a Camaro and keep your S2000 stock.

Just my opinion...but, then again, I wouldn't fly in an Osprey

Semper fi.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:18 AM
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

Originally Posted by bbcricketta View Post

I wouldn't fly in an Osprey

Semper fi.
What could possibly go wrong?
Old 04-12-2015, 07:40 PM
normal aspiration

Originally Posted by cosmomiller View Post
What could possibly go wrong?
way too many moving parts, way too many crashes, way too many fatalities.

with apologies to the B-1 and all rotary wing aircraft, it is my opine that wings need to be fixed. a helicopter ride is a big thrill but after my first (and last), i was very happy to be back on terra firma. please note that i am neither an aviator nor an aerospace engineer.

flight is an unnatural human activity. flight in a heli is as unnatural as it gets.

on occasion an Osprey will overfly the farm. it sounds like a helicopter but flies like a fixed wing craft. it is beautiful to behold but looks terrifying. give me an A-10 any day.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:49 PM
babyblue_ap2

way too many moving parts, way too many crashes, way too many fatalities.

with apologies to the B-1 and all rotary wing aircraft, it is my opine that wings need to be fixed. a helicopter ride is a big thrill but after my first (and last), i was very happy to be back on terra firma. please note that i am neither an aviator nor an aerospace engineer.

flight is an unnatural human activity. flight in a heli is as unnatural as it gets.

on occasion an Osprey will overfly the farm. it sounds like a helicopter but flies like a fixed wing craft. it is beautiful to behold but looks terrifying. give me an A-10 any day.

How the hell did my post about F/I turn into a discussion about the v22

Oh by the way I'm a mechanic on the 22 it's gotten a lot better it can handle very well even though it's a flying pile of ****
Old 04-12-2015, 09:19 PM

Sometimes things can take a strange turn. It's one of the things that make this site interesting.

Back to the F/I....I too say keep it stock and boost something with a V8 that is a bit more common. Our cars having been out of production for 6 years now should be preserved and those of us who do it will be rewarded if we choose to sell out at some point.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:55 AM
Resident Vigilante

LOL! Helicopters really don't fly...they merely beat the air into submission
leahysailor likes this.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:53 AM
normal aspiration

Originally Posted by seths2k View Post
How the hell did my post about F/I turn into a discussion about the v22

Oh by the way I'm a mechanic on the 22 it's gotten a lot better it can handle very well even though it's a flying pile of ****
i saw that you were a Jarhead airframe guy so i figured that i would validate my S2000 opinion (do not force induct) with something that you could relate to. i'm not saying a supercharger will turn an S2000 into a deathtrap, although it might, but i think you get the idea. if the Osprey was as dependable as a stock S2000 i would not hesitate to get on one. once i swerved a bit on your topic it took a little life of its own. it does happen around here quite a bit. this place is quiet as a tomb so any post is a good post.

Cosmo is a professional aviator and has an opinion on just about everything and especially about aircraft and flight. he is a gold mine of info.

i did say the Osprey was beautiful to behold. that is, in the air--such a strange looking contraption. i've never seen one on the ground so i withhold judgement on that one.

i know the S is slow but it is a lot of fun slipping through curves at speeds that will make your passengers pee. i suppose you know that it always costs $$$ to ride. it costs more $$$ to go exotic. force inducting an S2000 can give it supercar speed but at a cost--cost of $$$ and dependability. you will be spending more $$$ on gas, tires, oil (aka GTO), brakes, radiators, fuel injectors, towing fees and more. do what you will but in my opine if you want straight line speed get a v8--moosetang, k-mary-o, or a moparts hemi come to mind. they are all fine automobiles but there are so many of them everywhere. there are fewer S2000s every day and they don't make 'em anymore.
leahysailor likes this.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:52 PM

Well said Beeb!
Old 04-14-2015, 08:02 PM
normal aspiration

Originally Posted by leahysailor View Post
still in west pernt? sailor didn't say this so i'm quoting bb.
now there's a name you don't see every day.

you still playing the golf obsessively? i'm gonna play Idle Hour in maconga next week. i cannot get the HC down to a single digit try as i might.
leahysailor likes this.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:03 PM

Played today as matter of fact BB. If all goes well plan on doing more of the same tomorrow. I've heard Idle Hour is a nice track. We really need to get together somewhere in between and get a round in.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:37 AM
THE STIG

Hey Sailor!!
leahysailor likes this.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:28 PM
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

I notice everyone has been tiptoeing around the pachyderm in the parlor, in as far as veering Osprey threads goes. The Osprey is what it is is, (Here goes Bill Clinton again) but the dynamic changes when you stick a Marine Aviator (term loosely held) in one of those and give him the keys. You have fuel and oxygen, the Marine provides the ignition source.
Bless their hearts.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:47 AM
normal aspiration

how does the USAF experience with the Osprey compare with the problems that the USMC has had. comment re marine aviation well taken.

re the clintons, those poor, dead broke souls. looks like the fecal matter is hitting the rotating air delivery device for sir edmund hillary clinton (who by the way, was under sniper fire in Bosnia). gotta lotta bullets to dodge about lining her pockets with cash from foreign sources for favors while she was secretary of state. she ain't no geo. washington who could not tell a lie.

guess i am watching too much faux news. must tune in rachel meadow and MSNBC (more slanted news by communists).

btw: hows that turbo build coming?
Old 04-21-2015, 07:12 AM
babyblue_ap2

how does the USAF experience with the Osprey compare with the problems that the USMC has had. comment re marine aviation well taken.

re the clintons, those poor, dead broke souls. looks like the fecal matter is hitting the rotating air delivery device for sir edmund hillary clinton (who by the way, was under sniper fire in Bosnia). gotta lotta bullets to dodge about lining her pockets with cash from foreign sources for favors while she was secretary of state. she ain't no geo. washington who could not tell a lie.

guess i am watching too much faux news. must tune in rachel meadow and MSNBC (more slanted news by communists).

btw: hows that turbo build coming?

Well I haven't don't anything yet because nonone told me if the kit was good or not lol.