thinking about building.... >

thinking about building....

Old 04-01-2015, 04:05 PM
babyblue_ap2

so i recently purchased my 04 AP2

I want to build it for street performance and some autocross/time attack

Im gonna be driving her daily so I cant go full out track with it.

only downside is im at a little over 150k on the motor.
when I purchased the s2k the dealer gave me the car fax

it had 1 previous owner with a butt load of service maintence logs.

im just scared that if I build F/I it will blow my motor due to its high miles.

ive been leaning towards S/C because its full range power output would help with the out top-end oriented cars.

i was looking at the science of speed stage 2 supercharger for it look like good quality for a decent price (im on a huge budget because i don't make much money and i have bad spending habits)

i also want to build suspension but i cant decide on coilovers or just a spring kit due to my more street oriented build with some autocross

so basically im just looking for advice all around for my vehicle and where i could take it with what i have at my disposal.

oh and a side note... recently my car like rev limits at 7k in 1st gear? i don't know if its just because it just started it up and still "cold" or what but its a little nerve racking to be honest...

well that's all i got for now, looking forward to some advice.

p.s atm all i have done is put on a AEM V2 CAI, just for starting of some performance gains....
Old 04-01-2015, 05:36 PM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

The best way to make a million dollars in competition is to start with two million. If this is the situation you're in now :"(im on a huge budget because i don't make much money and i have bad spending habits)" you're going to have trouble keeping tires on this car, much less "build it for street performance and some autocross/time attack". Not trying to be a downer (even though I'm pretty sure you think I'm doing a great job) but you haven't had the car long enough to know how it handles and reacts and responds.
Incidentally, the car will rev limit until there are at least 3 bars on the Temp gauge. That's to prevent anyone from destroying the engine until it's had a chance to get the oil warm and circulating.

This probably isn't the advice you're looking for, but until you have an extremely good idea how the car handles, you're wasting your money trying to "improve" it.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:04 PM
babyblue_ap2

Originally Posted by kgf3076 View Post
The best way to make a million dollars in competition is to start with two million. If this is the situation you're in now :"(im on a huge budget because i don't make much money and i have bad spending habits)" you're going to have trouble keeping tires on this car, much less "build it for street performance and some autocross/time attack". Not trying to be a downer (even though I'm pretty sure you think I'm doing a great job) but you haven't had the car long enough to know how it handles and reacts and responds.
Incidentally, the car will rev limit until there are at least 3 bars on the Temp gauge. That's to prevent anyone from destroying the engine until it's had a chance to get the oil warm and circulating.

This probably isn't the advice you're looking for, but until you have an extremely good idea how the car handles, you're wasting your money trying to "improve" it.

i honestly appreciated the feed back, i was looking for advice with my vehicle and i learned something new. so in turn you don suppose there's anything i could now for minor modifications ie. exhaust? even though i haven't had it long enough to understand it?
Old 04-01-2015, 07:36 PM
just havin' fun

I have performed many mods and reversed many of those mods. The ones I kept had more to do with personal desire and not performance. The S2k is a darn good autocross/ track day car right out of the box. The best mods I have done that seam to be worth the money were the EBC and Hawk racing pads and Elect. adjusting coilovers. The racing pads are easy to understand why. The Elec adjusting coilovers, well I spent lots of time adjusting them for the type of driving I do. I am just too lazy to manual adj. them when I want to go from autocross back to street, to track back to street. I could go on about this subject. However I will state what any well driven S2k owner will say...Learn to drive the car as is then you will know what to modify.

Last edited by will williams; 04-01-2015 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:13 PM

I'll change the exhaust first. Not too much about HP but got to love the exhaust note when v-tech open up. I got a use single 70mm T1R ($500).

Good racing pads if you want to swap out every time or less agressive pads for everyday & auto-x. I have Cobalt Friction XR2/F & XR3/R ($360, I run track day not Auto-X).

Also flush the Brake Fluid. I use ATE from Tire Rack ($20).

Adjustable offset ball joint, SPC from Tire Rack ($90).

Bigger Front Sway bar, use Comptech ($500).

Now starting saving for parts.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:00 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Originally Posted by zpeed View Post
ove the exhaust note when v-tech open up
V-Tech is a Taiwanese manufacturer of telephone systems. VTEC is an acronym for Variable Timing and Lift - Electronic Control - A system designed by Honda engineer Ikuo Kajitani to improve volumetric efficiency of a 4 stroke engine.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:51 PM
babyblue_ap2

lol, well I was thinking about adding a bigger throttle body with a invidia N1 exhaust and a matching test pipe.

I know its ricey but I want a spoiler for the car, Ive seen all the carbon fiber ones are like 1200+ but ive seen an aluminum spoiler for like $250 now anyone have anything to say about an aluminum spoiler?
Old 04-02-2015, 05:56 PM
babyblue_ap2

oh and I want to add wheels also in just wondering whats a good size to use?
Old 04-04-2015, 08:45 AM
Blue Barchetta

Originally Posted by kgf3076 View Post
V-Tech is a Taiwanese manufacturer of telephone systems. VTEC is an acronym for Variable Timing and Lift - Electronic Control - A system designed by Honda engineer Ikuo Kajitani to improve volumetric efficiency of a 4 stroke engine.
Ken you are always spot-on! The pet peeves that I let go, you're on 'em. Thanks for caring enough to say something on a very religious, regular basis
Old 04-05-2015, 05:03 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Originally Posted by seths2k View Post
oh and I want to add wheels also in just wondering whats a good size to use?
I'd go for the 22" X10" chrome personally. (to repeat myself, you need to fix your finances before you attempt to spend money on a car you haven't had long enough to know how it handles stock).