AEM Question for a turbo setup

Old 11-15-2010, 08:57 PM

AEM Question for a turbo setup

I've done the best digging I can, and haven't found a satisfactory answer so I have to nag:

Does the AEM S2000 ECU come with a "stock equivalent" map to use as a baseline? That is, if I buy it and plug it in then turn on my car, will it perform nearly identical in a NA situation?

I'm starting to work out a long-term game plan, but it's contingent upon figuring this out. I'm not actually after that much more power over factory (240-250WHP is the target), but that will most likely require additional fuel management.

Thanks all.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:55 AM
Hybrid Hater

Well first I would have to be sure on what you are asking. If your asking will it tune the map of an NA car? Yes its a mapping system and thats what its made for. If it didnt that would be stupid. On the other had I dont have any experiance with it so I could be wrong.

Also if your just looking for tuning for an NA setup your proably way better off just going with the RSX ecu tuned by hondata.

On another note your goal to get that kind of hp to the wheels is utterly hopeless without forced induction. Possible yes but its a hell of a lot cheaper and probably more reliable way to just slap a supercharger on it.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:04 AM
Snake Charmer

Originally Posted by FormulaXFD View Post
I've done the best digging I can, and haven't found a satisfactory answer so I have to nag:

Does the AEM S2000 ECU come with a "stock equivalent" map to use as a baseline? That is, if I buy it and plug it in then turn on my car, will it perform nearly identical in a NA situation?

I'm starting to work out a long-term game plan, but it's contingent upon figuring this out. I'm not actually after that much more power over factory (240-250WHP is the target), but that will most likely require additional fuel management.

Thanks all.
Hondata's Flashpro (retail $695) available from Project PTP in Austin TX for $525 shipped; will allow you to download any tune you like for any situation in ninety seconds using only the factory ECU, OBD2 port and a laptop.

P.S. 250 whp will satisfy you about as long as three Lays potato chips LOL.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:08 AM
S2000.com Sponsor

http://www.amazon.com/AEM-30-1052-En.../dp/B001DX7JA2

AEM's Plug & Play Engine Management System (EMS) are for racing vehicles and plug directly into a vehicle's factory ECU harness and requires no additional wiring or hardware. Windows compatible software (2000, XP, NT, 98, 95, ME) makes the task of copying, viewing and manipulating data as simple as a click of the mouse. An integrated tuning wizard allows users to create a base map specifically for a car's configuration, regardless of what type of injectors, sensors, coils or other changes have been made. The AEM EMS's infinitely adjustable software allows tuners to program virtually any combination of engine control, power adders and auxiliary devices, and accurately delivers proper amounts of fuel and correct ignition timing for any boost level or operating condition.
plug the AEM in, fire up your laptop and play with the software for awhile. hell, if you can find the AEM software itself maybe you can play with it before you get the car.

the flashpro route is probably a better idea... but like stated above, you arent going to get 250 to the wheels without a stroker kit..
Old 11-16-2010, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by turbosix View Post
plug the AEM in, fire up your laptop and play with the software for awhile. hell, if you can find the AEM software itself maybe you can play with it before you get the car.

the flashpro route is probably a better idea... but like stated above, you arent going to get 250 to the wheels without a stroker kit..
The first part is what I was after. There is a severe difference in having a map to work from to start off with, and having to scratch make one on a system. Once I have a baseline map to work with, I can start doing the timing and fuel calcs on the conservative side and start creating a tuned map. (Plus, I can use the control lines to manage the boost regulation).

People get more power to the wheels with a turbo all the time, a stroker kit isn't going to really be necessary
Old 11-16-2010, 02:04 PM
S2000.com Sponsor

i was under the impression you were trying to hit 240/250rwhp without boost.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:45 PM
Hybrid Hater

Like turbo says. It will probably be nessisary. I suppose you could do 14:1 piston, valves, springs, port & polish, racing headers exhaust and intake. Then fine tune all that stuff and you might make that.. maybe at sea level... maybe lol