Exterior / Detailing / Body Work Tips and tricks on how to clean the inside and outside of your S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trunk lid spring for OEM rear spoiler

Old 12-20-2010, 05:30 PM

Trunk lid spring for OEM rear spoiler

Hey guys, I bought my baby used with an OEM rear spoiler already installed. I am under the assumption (from reading many, many threads on s2000.com and S2KI) that a new, stronger spring is to be installed when the spoiler is installed. This is presumably to offset the new weight on the trunk lid.

Question: what the proper trunk operation with the spoiler and correct spring installed? That is, if I hold my trunk release button on the key fob, should the trunk open fully or just be "popped" and require me to open it the rest of the way? I suspect it's the latter—and how my trunk currently behaves—but I've... got too much time on my hands or something.

-Samir

edit:

Originally Posted by kgf3076 View Post
First, the replacement springs aren't necessary. Second, a lot of time, they're not installed. Third, you really don't need them, when you open the trunk with the fob, it comes off the lock and doesn't open all the way, you have to open it the rest of the way (just like stock).
Yours is operating normally.
/end thread

Thanks, kg.

Last edited by smohan123; 12-24-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:06 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

First, the replacement springs aren't necessary. Second, a lot of time, they're not installed. Third, you really don't need them, when you open the trunk with the fob, it comes off the lock and doesn't open all the way, you have to open it the rest of the way (just like stock).
Yours is operating normally.