New Member New Mods

Old 06-27-2007, 01:06 PM

New Member New Mods

Hey guys I just signed on here today and have already found some real helpful hints. I just bought a 2000 s2k and have loved it. Its only been 2 days since purchase but I found a fantastic deal on a guys used HKS hi-power exhaust and AEM V2 CAI and had to get it. Im wonder if you guys have used the products before and what I should expect power wise. And yes i know its going to be minimal but just wondering your thoughts on it. Also I wanted to get your opion on suspension upgrades....now that you hate me because im new and have a huge first post I am done, thanks guys.
-matt
Old 06-27-2007, 03:26 PM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Originally Posted by chelsea1 View Post
Hey guys I just signed on here today and have already found some real helpful hints. I just bought a 2000 s2k and have loved it. Its only been 2 days since purchase but I found a fantastic deal on a guys used HKS hi-power exhaust and AEM V2 CAI and had to get it. Im wonder if you guys have used the products before and what I should expect power wise. And yes i know its going to be minimal but just wondering your thoughts on it. Also I wanted to get your opion on suspension upgrades....now that you hate me because im new and have a huge first post I am done, thanks guys.
-matt
Nah, nobody hates you for asking questions. HP gains with S2k's are minimal because the car is so well set up to start with. You will pick up around 5 or so HP with the exhaust and intake. Now, this doesn't sound like much, but it's decent. I have CompTech CAI and catback being fed by Mugen header and I picked up around 15 HP...(dyno'ed). The biggest gain is in the mid-range where you need it the most. The stock car power band is peaky and (naturally) makes the most power around the v-Tech point. Anything that gives you more midrange power is great.
Suspension is a different matter. I have Tein constant velocity springs on stock struts. A friend of mine has a complete Mugen setup with Smith sway bars. Which is better? I seem to hold the curves as well as he does (there may be a bit of a CS factor in there as well) so YMMV. Do the exhaust CAI first and drive the car enough to get familiar with it. Then go to the next step.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:29 PM
"Enjoy the drive"

Welcome to the site. I had a AEM V1 CAI for awhile and I noticed a change in the sound mostly.

There are lost of different ways you can go with suspension mods. It just depends on how much money you want to spend.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Wisdom begins in wonder.

I looked at doin full coil overs but after i thought about it, It would be more for the cool factor. I did feel the need to drop a inch though.I used the TEIN S springs. Little bit higher sping rate but not enough to really notice well i couldnt really tell.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:05 PM

Welcome chelsea1. Enjoy your new ride and be safe !
Old 06-27-2007, 09:25 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Aaaay Chelsea. Owyadoon?
Okay gang, big group yawn.
I'm gonna suggest that you drive the car for a while before makin' any changes to it. I mean if you've absolutely, positively, 100% godda spend your hard-earned n' you're certain that the car's incapable of satisfyin' your handlin' needs as it sits . . then by all means . . do whu'cha goddadoo.
But, if you can learn the car well enough to extract all that it has to offer (n' this doesn't happen in a couple'a weeks'a drivin' back n' forth to work) there's a good chance that you might not feel the need to spend that money. (Oh, trust me: you'll spend it, jus' maybe not on suspension changes that weren't necessary)
Give yourself a chance to learn what Stewie has to offer Chel. 'Might surprise yourself.
N' welcome aboard.
Be well.
Java