spares

Old 05-18-2019, 10:19 PM

spares

Does anybody carry spares ? I lost an injector just north of Susanville and it was a real eye opener. Fortunately it failed closed so I could limp it back without having to isolate it. No S2000 parts in the hinterland.
So I went psyco and now carry a silly amount of stuff. An injector ( of course ) a coil a plug ( ok used ) and let's go here.
set of sockets std. deep, ratachet and extensionsns. and of the standard crestant wrehches and 6 way screw driver.
and a 20 foot tow strap and a set of really ( they are light ) cheap jumper cables.
also a volt meter for troubleshooting. And my code reader all ways goes with me.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:16 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Way overkill but if it keeps you ready, no problem. I carry a can of fix-a-flat, a quick-start battery booster device (don't need jumper cables) and a screwdriver and adjustable wrench. I also carry a AAA card. If something happens, I don't mind waiting an hour or two.
Old 05-19-2019, 01:00 PM

Oh yea I carry all that stuff too. The AAA card is a good mention and useful for more than just breakdowns. I have the three free 200 mile tow package.
You know that if you get caught way out you can rent a truck and trailer ( U-Haul, Penske, Ect. ) to bring your baby back home. Way way out there are always the car haulers and two of your tows.
But even so I drove mine from Burns to Portland with no clutch when the throwout bearing failed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.