EPS Light and Soft Top Problems - S2000 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2017, 03:58 PM   #1

EPS Light and Soft Top Problems

So my EPS light is on and the turning is very stiff when i go to the left or right too much. It was never a problem until i hit a large pothole with a gas line sticking out of it. Not sure what the damage is but everything looks fine under the car can't figure out what i need to do.

The soft top with go down with the control but it wont go back up except for manually. Any advice would be appreciated.
Christopher Samer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:00 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Samer View Post
So my EPS light is on and the turning is very stiff when i go to the left or right too much. It was never a problem until i hit a large pothole with a gas line sticking out of it. Not sure what the damage is but everything looks fine under the car can't figure out what i need to do.

The soft top with go down with the control but it wont go back up except for manually. Any advice would be appreciated.

EPS is the Electric Power Steering, I'd look for a blown fuse first, then look see if there's wiring lose under the car. The EPS fuse is in the small auxiliary fuse box under the hood on the drivers side.

The fuses for the convertible top are in the primary under hood box near the battery on the passengers side. There's also a connector under the dash on the passengers side that may have come lose, particularly if you had a passenger with you at the time.
flyingarmadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingarmadillo View Post
EPS is the Electric Power Steering, I'd look for a blown fuse first, then look see if there's wiring lose under the car. The EPS fuse is in the small auxiliary fuse box under the hood on the drivers side.

The fuses for the convertible top are in the primary under hood box near the battery on the passengers side. There's also a connector under the dash on the passengers side that may have come lose, particularly if you had a passenger with you at the time.
So I fixed the top by replacing the fuse switch. However the eps light still turns on from time to time and disables my vtec.
Christopher Samer is offline   Reply With Quote