Best hp mods?? N/a

Old 03-16-2012, 06:22 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brandon Ms
Posts: 57
Best hp mods?? N/a

I have an 07 s2k and already have injen cai skunk 2 catback exhaust test pipe and I have a flashpro.. what are other mods I can do to get the most hp w/o turbo (can't afford at the moment but will turbo eventually)... Should I even Fu k with a vafc?? I'm thinking some Brian cower or skunk 2 cam gears.. how ab headers?? Honda knew what they were doing when they built the s2000.. That being said.

Last edited by Java Junky; 03-17-2012 at 12:05 AM.
S2thizzle is offline  
Old 03-16-2012, 07:14 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,103
Nothing...

It's FI or nothing IMHO. I don't see any mods that give enough hp to justify the cost. You can spend thousands just to get 10-20hp. A fully built Spoon car puts down 275hp. So that's 35hp over stock and you'll pay $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for it. You'll spend less and get 100hp+ over stock with a turbo or supercharger. No "cheap" power to be had with the S2000 since it was too well engineered from the start. Just my $.02, worth what you paid.
Silverstone_Ryan is offline  
Old 03-16-2012, 07:16 PM
  #3  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brandon Ms
Posts: 57
Originally Posted by Silverstone_Ryan View Post
Nothing...

It's FI or nothing IMHO. I don't see any mods that give enough hp to justify the cost. You can spend thousands just to get 10-20hp. A fully built Spoon car puts down 275hp. So that's 35hp over stock and you'll pay $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for it. You'll spend less and get 100hp+ over stock with a turbo or supercharger. No "cheap" power to be had with the S2000 since it was too well engineered from the start. Just my $.02, worth what you paid.
I just bought some ralco rz pulleys... I'll just leave it at what I have until I can afford a good turbo kit
S2thizzle is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 12:03 AM
  #4  
Resident Curmudgeon
 
Java Junky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Joisey
Posts: 999,652
'Wanna go quicka'n'da res'a'da herd?
Learn'da make use'a whut Stewie'z already got: get thee to a drivin' school.
('Less, a'course, yer really inn'itt'fuh'da decoraytin'n bench-racin' braggin' rightz.)
Aaay . . you ast.
Java Junky is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 12:27 AM
  #5  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brandon Ms
Posts: 57
Originally Posted by Java Junky View Post
'Wanna go quicka'n'da res'a'da herd?
Learn'da make use'a whut Stewie'z already got: get thee to a drivin' school.
('Less, a'course, yer really inn'itt'fuh'da decoraytin'n bench-racin' braggin' rightz.)
Aaay . . you ast.
Speak English... And I'm building mine for show and speed...

Last edited by Java Junky; 03-17-2012 at 12:36 AM.
S2thizzle is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 12:41 AM
  #6  
Resident Curmudgeon
 
Java Junky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Joisey
Posts: 999,652
'Att'z'z English'z'itt gettz thizz.
Good luck wi'cher build.
Java Junky is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 07:56 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
wwaallyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lynn MA
Posts: 267
No worries Java..Your English is like one of those old 3d pics. Just stare at it for awhile and ......................
wwaallyy is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 08:33 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
s2000isu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: pa
Posts: 2,528
Put nitrous on it. These motors will handle a 250 shot. Itll be fun.
s2000isu is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 02:36 PM
  #9  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brandon Ms
Posts: 57
Nah no nos... That's cheep and bad for the car
S2thizzle is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 04:17 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
s2000isu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: pa
Posts: 2,528
Ugh and this is why I hate fast and the furious and what it did to the car "scene" too soon junior.
s2000isu is offline  
Old 03-26-2012, 05:26 AM
  #11  
THE STIG
 
Switchblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NAZARETH, PA
Posts: 8,324
Switchblade is offline  
Old 03-26-2012, 01:37 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
LTWU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Central Coast, CA
Posts: 1,771
Originally Posted by S2thizzle View Post
Honda knew what they were doing when they built the s2000.. That being said.
so why mess with a good thing? you have engineering degrees and know how that are better than the millions that Honda R&D already put into the car?
LTWU is offline  
Old 03-26-2012, 01:48 PM
  #13  
Resident Vigilante
 
s2kx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,419
Originally Posted by LTWU View Post
so why mess with a good thing? you have engineering degrees and know how that are better than the millions that Honda R&D already put into the car?
+1
s2kx2 is offline  
Old 03-27-2012, 10:09 PM
  #14  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4
Red face

Wilk chip hands down..who ever said this doesnt make a difference has never had one. I drove my N/A for three years before putting one in...so I definitely know the difference....then add a throttle cam.
Frazierion is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 06:31 AM
  #15  
THE STIG
 
Switchblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NAZARETH, PA
Posts: 8,324
Originally Posted by Frazierion View Post
Wilk chip hands down..who ever said this doesnt make a difference has never had one. I drove my N/A for three years before putting one in...so I definitely know the difference....then add a throttle cam.
Switchblade is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 08:10 AM
  #16  
8 Hours NE of the Dragon
 
kgf3076's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Here obviously.
Posts: 5,273
Originally Posted by Frazierion View Post
Wilk chip hands down..who ever said this doesnt make a difference has never had one. I drove my N/A for three years before putting one in...so I definitely know the difference....then add a throttle cam.
I can sell you a bag of Lay's Chips and, if you eat enough of them, you'll definitely be a lot faster. The car, probably not.
kgf3076 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Doug3
Off-Topic
10
05-09-2012 10:37 PM
Jsy622
All Other Honda S2000 Related Discussions
19
03-11-2012 08:35 AM
bobby2002s2k.
Exterior / Detailing / Body Work
9
08-04-2010 09:38 AM
TT Quattro
All Other Honda S2000 Related Discussions
5
12-14-2004 09:34 AM
yosibreak
All Other Honda S2000 Related Discussions
2
04-01-2004 10:32 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best hp mods?? N/a


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.