Science of Speed

Old 03-10-2012, 03:59 PM

Science of Speed

Hope this isnt the wrong forum.. I know they sell goodstuffs.. but has anyone had work actually done by them? Im thinking of shipping my S out to them for a little spa treatment... Speed Performance Awesomeness.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:29 PM

i personally havent but most of the locals dont trust their cars with anyone but them. ill be getting some work by them sometime in the future.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Party Rock Crew

Nothing in person...but they have really good Customer Service over the phone.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:37 AM

Yeah my interactions with them have always been positive, just trying to get a grip on having to ship my car out one time and hope for the best.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by slostwok View Post
just trying to get a grip on having to ship my car out one time and hope for the best.
I can't imagine wanting any work or mods bad enough to ship my car somewhere. I don't trust people just walking past my car, let alone sending it away on a truck out of my sight! If you can do this I salute you.

BTW, what are you wanting done to your car badly enough to do this?
Old 03-11-2012, 10:11 AM

I dont know of any shops within relative driving distance that I fully trust and Id rather send it somewhere that has a clue of what theyre doing. Any monkey can throw a wrench at a b16a and make it stick. Id rather deal with someone who has history with dealing with the h20... What do I want, well what do they offer? a little full makeover. Suspension, supercharge, throttle body, brakes, ecu remap, internals
Old 03-11-2012, 10:20 AM

Suspension, supercharge, throttle body, brakes, ecu remap, internals
Isn't it cheaper just to buy a new car? Sounds cool but it also sounds EXPENSIVE! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ You could easily spend more than the purchase price of your S. I see over ten large easy right there depending on how carried away you get, and that's not even including the labor or shipping. You win the lotto recently?
Old 03-11-2012, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Silverstone_Ryan View Post
Isn't it cheaper just to buy a new car? Sounds cool but it also sounds EXPENSIVE! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ You could easily spend more than the purchase price of your S. I see over ten large easy right there depending on how carried away you get, and that's not even including the labor or shipping. You win the lotto recently?
Why on gods creation would I want another car? Over 10 years ago, I saw magic in that tiny little two door. I have evaluated the costs and if I go full bore, Im goin in. I dont half *** when I commit to something. Any joe schmoe can have a new car. How many people have an S? I have no desire for a new car. Besides the fact my S still has under 18,500 on the odo. New enough for me!
Old 03-11-2012, 11:10 AM

I saw magic in that tiny little two door.
I hear you there. When my '01 was built I was driving a '00 Integra Type-R. I absolutely LOVED the rawness of that car, the 8600rpm redline, the neutral handling, and the gearbox matching the VTEC range perfectly. And I believe that was one of the first NA cars to get over 100hp per liter(195hp out of 1.8L). So when I looked over at the 'new' S2000...well I was jealous of the extra hp, extra drive gear, 9000rpm, and RWD to say the least. Plus I have to admit it was a bit more stylish on the exterior over the ITR and a LOT more stylish in the interior! I can't believe it took me so long to acquire my S...

Well, having kids might have had something to do with it.

Last edited by Silverstone_Ryan; 03-11-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Silverstone_Ryan View Post
I hear you there. When my '01 was built I was driving a '00 Integra Type-R. I absolutely LOVED the rawness of that car, the 8600rpm redline, the neutral handling, and the gearbox matching the VTEC range perfectly. And I believe that was one of the first cars to get over 100hp per liter(195hp out of 1.8L). So when I looked over at the 'new' S2000...well I was jealous of the extra hp, extra drive gear, 9000rpm, and RWD to say the least. Plus I have to admit it was a bit more stylish on the exterior than the ITR and a LOT more stylish in the interior! I can't believe it took me so long to acquire my S...

Well, having kids might have had a little to do with it.
The first time I sat in it, and my arm fell to the center console and my hand to the shifter... I knew.

I had a 99 Si(killed by hurricane Floyd and a 00 Ex with a b16a swap and every goodie thrown at it. No kids to get in the way, Im a happy uncle and Im happy the older ones get to ride in it, even if they dont fully appriciate the hard work it took to get the S
Old 03-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Party Rock Crew

Why on gods creation would I want another car? Over 10 years ago, I saw magic in that tiny little two door. I have evaluated the costs and if I go full bore, Im goin in. I dont half *** when I commit to something. Any joe schmoe can have a new car. How many people have an S? I have no desire for a new car. Besides the fact my S still has under 18,500 on the odo. New enough for me!
Amen brother! Anyone can go buy a Vette or a Mustang with a bunch of HP...but then you have a Vette or Mustang that is just a different color from your neighbor... If it weren't for the stickers on the Mustangs, you could not tell the difference from the base model with a 6 cylinder from a $60K version...Same with the Vettes, if you cant read the badge..its a Vette. Not too many of us out there with an S. I think it is a shame that there are not too many good techs around your area...but then again none here either.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:08 PM

Science of Speed is a performance testing and endurance coaching company in Tallahassee, Florida. We are dedicated to helping our clients, from recreational to elite athletes, reach their maximum potential. We are capable of achieving this through the most accurate results of the highest quality testing equipment as well as custom training programs based on sound and a proven training philosophy.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by Frazierion View Post
Science of Speed is a performance testing and endurance coaching company in Tallahassee, Florida. We are dedicated to helping our clients, from recreational to elite athletes, reach their maximum potential. We are capable of achieving this through the most accurate results of the highest quality testing equipment as well as custom training programs based on sound and a proven training philosophy.
ummmmmmmmmmmm no.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:09 AM
Party Rock Crew

OMG.... did dude join just to say that?
Old 04-04-2012, 04:32 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Puff-puff-puff-puff, whew!
'D'joo guyz jus' see some weird-oh wearin' nothin' budd'a stethescope'n cowboy bootz run t'rough here?
Old 04-04-2012, 05:18 AM
Party Rock Crew

No JJ we did not, but thanks for that mental image I will carry with me today.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:27 AM

I've been to SOS for minor stuff, meets and things like that... they do very good work...not the cheapest, but very good work. A couple of the guys from there, own S2k's and run amazing! I believe one just turbo'd his Suzuka.... I'd recommend them.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:42 PM

They diagnosed my car when my engine went bad, seemed like good people. They had a 900whp NSX there, wow!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:08 AM
Hybrid Hater

I own a good half of the things they offer. I have never been there but they do have excellent customer service. One of these days ill take the plunge on their supercharger. When I do ill bring my S there to have it installed.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:57 AM
THE STIG

Originally Posted by Java Junky View Post
Puff-puff-puff-puff, whew!
'D'joo guyz jus' see some weird-oh wearin' nothin' budd'a stethescope'n cowboy bootz run t'rough here?
Yeah I did. He left these for you JJ: