VSA How to repair

Old 09-01-2011, 02:00 AM

VSA How to repair

Hi guys! I have serious problem with VSA. My car is after an accident, everything is perfectly repaired the only thing what makes me angry is the yellow VSA light on the dashboard. Most probably I have damaged the unit which is behind the seats..But thatīs everything what I know I donīt know where it is exactly, what can be damaged there etc....Any suggestions?

Thank..Greetings from Czech Republic...
Jan
Old 09-01-2011, 02:31 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

This isn't something you can fix yourself. Too many expensive parts involved and things that a dealer and experienced mechanic/tech need to play with (brakes, VSA computer, etc).

Welcome.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:11 AM

I would start with checking the wheel speed sensor(s) in the area that was damaged in the accident.
But, Ken is right this is probably a repair best left to professionals.
That's one that wont be cheap to repair.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:00 AM

VSA

Thanks guys. But still does anyone have some information about it. What the VSA consist of, where the units are placed etc?
Old 09-01-2011, 04:03 AM

Pick up a Service Manual, and an Electrical Service Manual.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:12 AM

Electrical service manual

Is the Electrical manual a part of the workshop manual or it is separate manual? Iīm not sure whether I have it...rather not..
Old 09-01-2011, 04:32 AM
House of CR.

It's generally a separate manual from the workshop version. Depending on the model year of your car they can be had fairly inexpensively through online sources.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:05 AM

Electrical service manual

Hi..Iīm quite sure I would need the electrical service manual..I have a car from 2009. Is it this what I should buy: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-H...item43996d9995

??

Do you know please if it is possible to have it electronic form in order to have it sooner?
Old 09-01-2011, 05:33 AM
House of CR.

I have seen it offered in the past on a CD or a downloadable PDF file, but I couldn't find one online. Your local dealer may be your best source for this or required servicing of the VSA unit.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:58 AM
THE STIG

How long ago were the repairs done? Might want to take it back to the repair shop. If it's related to the accident they should repair it.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:40 AM

Well I bougth it already crashed in U.S. and I repaired the car by myself. Everything is OK except this VSA. HONDA dealerships in Europe are much more expensive than in U.S. At first I would like to try to repair it, if I will not be succesful than I will put my car to Honda...this is what I want...
Old 09-01-2011, 06:43 AM

Codes?
Old 09-01-2011, 08:16 AM
EYECELLEM

If your VSA is out, the ABS is likely out too. Is the ABS light on as well? Have you tried to turn off the VSA light by using the switch?
Old 09-01-2011, 03:45 PM

The Electrical Troubleshooting manual shows component location, has a description of how the VSA (and other systems work) and illustrated schematics including connector pin layout.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:55 AM

On the 2006 and Up models the VSA, ABS, Throtle body ,cruise is all connected together. The 2007 s2k that i was building for a friend of mine had the whole front end Burned off so i replaced all harnesses and units under the hood and after we ran the car and got everything to work the VSA light was on, YOU have to hook up the scanner and read what code the VSA module gives you. AT first i thought my throttle body was damaged but then we pined it to the little 2 or 3 inches round like tablet sencor that is located under the dash on the passanger side, it is mounted to the Metal main dash pipe, i guess when the front end was burning it shorted the system and fried that unit. I was very blessed by God that my friend at the time was paring out a 2008 s2k and i had the spare parts to plug in and play, so we replaced that unit i believe it is the same with TSX acura (cant remember what it is called) everything went ok but then after we started driving the car and we would turn the steering wheel too far to the left the vsa would kick in, so after messing with it we got another code for steering angle censor, i though it was the one on the electrical rack ( i actually dropped the rack and replaced that censor, but only to find out that the problem stil is there ) We took the airbag off and saw that the sencor that is on the clock spring was off, we straightened it out(there is an arrow and you have to lign it up with the dot) all went fine , however the power steering was pulling to one side so we understood that we need to calibrate the steering rack and we did that with the help of the scanner. All problems went away but it took me a whole week to get all these things taken care of, and i said NO MORE 2006+ s2000's as due to the whole electrical upgrade the car became harder to work on...........
Old 09-27-2011, 12:59 AM

As people have told you :
1. Read the code it is giving you.
What kind of damage did the car undertake?
If you have a problem with the ABS/Throtle body you will have a VSA issue as they are all linked. Check your abs Sencors, if you had a suspension damage, check that first Wires, plugs.
The ABS unit has the VSA brains inside so its a one unit thing/ Then you have a relay underneath the steering wheel/ and that Round looking cencor under the dash on the pass side, and one fuse inside the car for the VSA system, i believe that was all according to the electrical schematic.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:06 AM

VSA codes

Guys, please how I can read what code the VSA module gives me? What do I need to have? What equipment do you recommend for reading that code? Can you please also give an advice where is exactly located the fuse for the VSA system?
Old 03-26-2012, 08:32 AM
House of CR.

There should be a numeric code displayed on your dash like 60-1 or 27-1. Here is a link to a discussion on just this subject. Might give you some ideas on basic checks you might try prior to more expensive options.

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/8136...odule-failure/
Old 03-26-2012, 02:08 PM

Thanks a lot! Very good article! But still what is the code 27-1? What kind of machine do I need to have in order to get error code? Hondata??
Old 03-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Banned

You can perform maintenance operations on the VSA cluster, such as placing the entire cluster or just a single VSA cluster member in maintenance mode, replacing a VSA cluster member that is offline, and changing the VSA cluster IP address. You should also ensure you prevent memory overcommitment in the VSA cluster.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:57 PM

Thanks for your reply. Can you please desribe in more detail the maintenance operations? What software and equipment do I need for this? I will appreciate very much your help!!
Old 03-29-2012, 02:41 PM
House of CR.

What CEL code (s) are shown on your dash when you turn the key on. It should be a single letter followed by several numbers. After we have those codes we can narrow down the area needing attention.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:53 PM

What you need is an OBD2 scanner to read the codes.
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&rh=i...scanner&page=1

You plug it into your OBD2 port under the drivers side dash (for '05) just above the little triangular perforated knee pad thing.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by JDMricist View Post
What you need is an OBD2 scanner to read the codes.
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&rh=i...scanner&page=1

You plug it into your OBD2 port under the drivers side dash (for '05) just above the little triangular perforated knee pad thing.
OBDII scanners usually won't ever read a VSA code. Only the dealer computer. They'll charge about $40.