How Much HP can i get with 4k, on my stock engine.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:35 PM

How Much HP can i get with 4k, on my stock engine.

Wat should I do to my stock engine? I got 4k budget tho and I gota squeeze as much ponies out of it as I can. Post ur suggestions thanks. I kno half of u are thinking supercharger but that's at least 5k; so,no.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:00 PM
normal aspiration

trade yo S and add the 4k and buy yoself a poon-stang or a kuh-mary-oh and just be done, junior, me boy. you could prolly make 'bout 7000 hp in your honda, though. bore, stroke, port, relieve, turbo, super, ram air, new hotshot cams, 4bbl...maybe 2, coupla decals...nitrous, wet, dry, 50 shot, 100 shot...more decals.

Last edited by bbcricketta; 11-26-2010 at 01:48 PM. Reason: souping up my hot rod, baby...
Old 11-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Banned

Old 11-26-2010, 12:00 AM
Hybrid Hater

Originally Posted by junior2000 View Post
Wat should I do to my stock engine? I got 4k budget tho and I gota squeeze as much ponies out of it as I can. Post ur suggestions thanks. I kno half of u are thinking supercharger but that's at least 5k; so,no.
I cant believe I am answering such a request butt...
Intake, exhaust, and tune. What makes it unlike other cars it you wont get much HP from what I just mentioned because our engine is nearly perfect from the factory.

There must be 1000 posts on here that say you wont get much hp. You could lose 50lbs or move to sea level. That might help.... a little. What do you need more hp for anyway?
Old 11-26-2010, 03:07 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

You might be able to pick up a surplus Pratt and Whitney turbo-jet engine for that amount. Strap that bad boy to the trunk and tell those people behind you at the stoplight to stand back when you light it up...

Old 11-26-2010, 05:09 AM
THE STIG

Originally Posted by kgf3076 View Post
You might be able to pick up a surplus Pratt and Whitney turbo-jet engine for that amount. Strap that bad boy to the trunk and tell those people behind you at the stoplight to stand back when you light it up...

I'll take two, lol!!
Old 11-26-2010, 06:23 AM

DO IT......

Click image for larger version

Name:	jasshole..jpg
Views:	59
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	3169

DO IT......
Old 11-26-2010, 06:25 AM
Hybrid Hater

Yeah there ya go that will work. Get one of those it will be much faster.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:47 AM

used sc
Old 11-26-2010, 07:55 AM

If you told us what your goal was, rather than saying I want more horsepower that might help.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:19 AM
Resident Vigilante

How about doing this, take some of that money and your S2000 to a reputable high performance driving school and learn your limits as well as the S2000s BEFORE you buy into adding more performance. You will find that this car in its stock configuration is often to potent for most drivers. We see them all the time "Parting out S2000" threads. These usually start when someone gets into an S2000 from a Civic. Drive this car without knowing where and when it will bite you will only lead to disappointment or worse. Do it right and the smile will never leave your face. Do it wrong and "Stewie" will only spit you out and call you a "dumb ***". Michael Schumacher you ain't.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Seņor Member

You guys aren't being very charitable to the noob, but you're right. How many people out there are looking through suspension catalogues and they haven't even bothered to check their tire pressures in the last six months?

The S2K is frustrating for tinkerers, being pretty much perfect as it is. A Mustang will be a lot more fun for someone wanting to reinvent a car the factory didn't get just right.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:46 PM
normal aspiration

Originally Posted by backusstudio View Post
You guys aren't being very charitable to the noob, but you're right. How many people out there are looking through suspension catalogues and they haven't even bothered to check their tire pressures in the last six months?

The S2K is frustrating for tinkerers, being pretty much perfect as it is. A Mustang will be a lot more fun for someone wanting to reinvent a car the factory didn't get just right.

i think we've been very charitable. he's gotten a lot of free advice. maybe it doesn't suit him, but it is free. consider the inanity of the question. i think we have been quite polite.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:49 PM
Seņor Member

Originally Posted by bbcricketta View Post
i think we've been very charitable. he's gotten a lot of free advice. maybe it doesn't suit him, but it is free. consider the inanity of the question. i think we have been quite polite.
You weren't rude at all. I agree the questions about straight line acceleration in the S get old. Not quite as bad as "how much fertilizer can I haul in the trunk?" but close.

Never mind me. Please continue.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:28 PM
normal aspiration

You weren't rude at all. I agree the questions about straight line acceleration in the S get old. Not quite as bad as "how much fertilizer can I haul in the trunk?" but close.

Never mind me. Please continue.
i hauls my fertilizer in my pick 'em up truck--chevy 350--has torque.

i hauls *** in my s2000--for pleasure only--torque not needed.

do you know yachats?
Old 11-26-2010, 02:52 PM

Yachats

Yeah, I know Yachats. Been through a time or three. Never with Mr. Snappy. But I want to drive him
the coast from Port Townsend to SD as close to the water as possible some day.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Seņor Member

i hauls my fertilizer in my pick 'em up truck--chevy 350--has torque.

i hauls *** in my s2000--for pleasure only--torque not needed.

do you know yachats?

I included that illustration of "hauling ***" for gratuitous and obvious reasons.

Yachats is a fantastic two hour S2000 drive from where I live. We rent a beach house there sometimes. Why d'ya ask?
Old 11-26-2010, 03:16 PM

I would go for for 5 used atlas booster rockets. Limited burn time but you could probably get into low earth orbit.

Jonathan
Old 11-26-2010, 05:47 PM

Mr. Snappy.

one time at band camp, I accidentially rammed Mr. Snappy into a dumpster.......not so much painful, as embarassing, ya know?
Old 11-26-2010, 06:20 PM

Give me three please!... I'll strap each one to the side of my car and one to the trunk.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by FobSecks View Post
Give me three please!... I'll strap each one to the side of my car and one to the trunk.
Save yourself some work and just buy the tail section of a B72Q.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:21 PM
normal aspiration

Yachats is a fantastic two hour S2000 drive from where I live. We rent a beach house there sometimes. Why d'ya ask?
i've been to oregon a few times. i like the 101 and yachats is a favorite place to disappear. i, too, would like to drive the coast from canada to mexico.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:50 PM
Computer Blue

Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
If you told us what your goal was, rather than saying I want more horsepower that might help.
I think his goal is to get as much hp as possible for $4k. I have a hunch that this might be his goal, but I might be wrong.

Originally Posted by s2kx2 View Post
How about doing this, take some of that money and your S2000 to a reputable high performance driving school and learn your limits as well as the S2000s BEFORE you buy into adding more performance. You will find that this car in its stock configuration is often to potent for most drivers. We see them all the time "Parting out S2000" threads. These usually start when someone gets into an S2000 from a Civic. Drive this car without knowing where and when it will bite you will only lead to disappointment or worse. Do it right and the smile will never leave your face. Do it wrong and "Stewie" will only spit you out and call you a "dumb ***". Michael Schumacher you ain't.
Doing this will likely be worth the money and some good fun, or not.

Originally Posted by s2000isu View Post
used sc
What he says.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Seņor Member

i, too, would like to drive the coast from canada to mexico.
That would be a trip you'd never forget. Just don't be in a hurry doing it. The coast route is like entrails. You can drive 5 miles to drive one as the crow flies.

My favorite section of coast is from Leggett, CA on 101 in the Redwoods over to Rt One going down through Ft Bragg, Mendocino, Pt. Arena, and Stinson Beach to SF. Incredible scenery, great twisty road, plenty of stops with good food and wine. It's about as close as the west coast gets to The Perfect Drive.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:59 AM
Not as dumb as I look

Honda got this car right. Unless you want to save up more money and supercharge dont waste your time. Get driving lessons and buy a better stereo system. Stock stereo's terrible, my ipod blew both speakers. But get driving lessons first.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by S2KCRick View Post
I think his goal is to get as much hp as possible for $4k. I have a hunch that this might be his goal, but I might be wrong.

Did you ever figure out it was your wing that was denting your hardtop?