FC20 swap to a VG30DETT?

Old 11-25-2010, 10:51 AM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4
FC20 swap to a VG30DETT?

All right don't get your panties in a bunch to the question... Has anybody heard of or done a swap to the VG30DETT; is it even possible?.. Nissan haterz chill out I own an 04 s2000 and and 09 Accord so relax... Anyways if anybody has herd of or done it let me know.
junior2000 is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 11:05 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
TTMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 1,351
Originally Posted by junior2000 View Post
Has anybody heard of or done a swap to the VG30DETT; is it even possible?..

Ummm, why would you want to?

From Wiki: The production 3.0 L (2960 cc) VG30DETT produces 300 hp.

There are a lot of easier ways to reach 300hp on a S2000.
TTMartin is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 11:20 AM
  #3  
Got S2000?
 
Jim21680's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,971
When it comes to cars & engines, ANYTHING is possible if you're willing to sink enough $$$ into it. But an iron-block, retirement-age V6? C'mon now. Not for 60hp over stock.
Jim21680 is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 11:35 AM
  #4  
Seņor Member
 
backusstudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,297
Even if your 04 S2K has a blown motor find a replacement F22C on Ebay. Of all the cars that don't need an engine swap the S2K is close to the top of the list.
backusstudio is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 12:05 PM
  #5  
EYECELLEM
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SF Bay Area, California
Posts: 3,791
Originally Posted by backusstudio View Post
Even if your 04 S2K has a blown motor find a replacement F22C on Ebay. Of all the cars that don't need an engine swap the S2K is close to the top of the list.
Amen! The engine in the S has all of Honda's racing experience packed into it and is the heart of the S. Anything else would not be worthy of being in the engine bay.
Glenn1 is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 12:14 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
GUNVOLVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 867
surely some 1 will correct me if wrong but I think aside from the 458italia the f20c is still the most power per l for an n/a , which is guiness material id def. take it over a heavy twin that will 100% throw off the perfect balance.
p.s I am a fan of the nissan motors but in this case f20c ftw
GUNVOLVO is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 12:58 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
AP1S2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 849
Originally Posted by GUNVOLVO View Post
surely some 1 will correct me if wrong but I think aside from the 458italia the f20c is still the most power per l for an n/a , which is guiness material id def. take it over a heavy twin that will 100% throw off the perfect balance.
p.s I am a fan of the nissan motors but in this case f20c ftw
I'm pretty sure that's true. Ap1's make 120hp per liter and the 458 makes 125hp per liter. It makes me so proud of my car.
AP1S2000 is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 02:16 PM
  #8  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
Ummm, why would you want to?

From Wiki: The production 3.0 L (2960 cc) VG30DETT produces 300 hp.

There are a lot of easier ways to reach 300hp on a S2000.
.............................
just wondering if anyone had done it, just because of the twin turbo. well my engine is still bone stock, i dont kno wat to do first to it?, couldnt do anything to it before cus it voids out my warranty, but my last payment is next month and im undecided wat to do to the motor first?
junior2000 is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 03:44 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
TTMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 1,351
Originally Posted by junior2000 View Post
.............................
just wondering if anyone had done it, just because of the twin turbo. well my engine is still bone stock, i dont kno wat to do first to it?, couldnt do anything to it before cus it voids out my warranty, but my last payment is next month and im undecided wat to do to the motor first?
I found this article interesting reading:

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...rt_2009_10.pdf
TTMartin is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 04:03 PM
  #10  
Resident Vigilante
 
s2kx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,419
s2kx2 is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 04:58 PM
  #11  
Computer Blue
 
S2KCRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 822
Originally Posted by AP1S2000 View Post
I'm pretty sure that's true. Ap1's make 120hp per liter and the 458 makes 125hp per liter. It makes me so proud of my car.
Yea true for piston engines, but I think the Rx8's 1.3 beats them both if I'm not mistaking.
S2KCRick is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 04:59 PM
  #12  
Computer Blue
 
S2KCRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 822
Originally Posted by junior2000 View Post
.............................
just wondering if anyone had done it, just because of the twin turbo. well my engine is still bone stock, i dont kno wat to do first to it?, couldnt do anything to it before cus it voids out my warranty, but my last payment is next month and im undecided wat to do to the motor first?
Well if you were wondering because of the twin turbos, then you might want to look into boosting it.
S2KCRick is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 05:35 PM
  #13  
"Enjoy the drive"
 
gomarlins3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kuna Idaho
Posts: 5,292
No.
gomarlins3 is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 06:21 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
AP1S2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 849
Originally Posted by S2KCRick View Post
Yea true for piston engines, but I think the Rx8's 1.3 beats them both if I'm not mistaking.
Yeah that's true but isn't a 1.3 rotary more like a 2.6 liter?
AP1S2000 is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 09:47 PM
  #15  
Seņor Member
 
backusstudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,297
Originally Posted by AP1S2000 View Post
Yeah that's true but isn't a 1.3 rotary more like a 2.6 liter?
In terms of fuel consumption a 1.3 rotary is more like a 5 liter piston.

You're like some guy that's dating Megan Fox and looking for someone better. YOU HAVE THE ULTIMATE SPORTS CAR ENGINE. Live with it.
backusstudio is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 09:57 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
AP1S2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 849
I agree, it's one of the best engines around. Don't swap it, you'll ruin the car.
AP1S2000 is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 11:50 PM
  #17  
Hybrid Hater
 
0tyrael0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Posts: 2,446
Originally Posted by backusstudio View Post
In terms of fuel consumption a 1.3 rotary is more like a 5 liter piston.

You're like some guy that's dating Megan Fox and looking for someone better. YOU HAVE THE ULTIMATE SPORTS CAR ENGINE. Live with it.
I agree. If I had to swap the only thing I would go for is the NZX motor... or maybe the 2JZ.
0tyrael0 is offline  
Old 11-26-2010, 05:00 AM
  #18  
THE STIG
 
Switchblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NAZARETH, PA
Posts: 8,324
Unless your going to drop in a Ferrari engine or something crazy like that, stick to boosting your existing engine. Don't fix what's not broken.
Switchblade is offline  
Old 11-26-2010, 07:46 AM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
s2000isu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: pa
Posts: 2,528
If you want to swap thats fine but that is not a good choice at all.
s2000isu is offline  
Old 11-26-2010, 08:43 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
tehboxzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Colton, CA
Posts: 238
I've seen someone on the internet do it with a LS1 swap...but I think that would throw off the balance
tehboxzor is offline  
Old 11-26-2010, 09:50 AM
  #21  
Computer Blue
 
S2KCRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 822
Originally Posted by backusstudio View Post
You're like some guy that's dating Megan Fox and looking for someone better.
Shiieeet if I was dating Megan Fox I'd still bang Angelina, wouldn't you???

Originally Posted by backusstudio View Post
YOU HAVE THE ULTIMATE SPORTS CAR ENGINE. Live with it.
I was thinking of buying an old 72 Datsun Z and swapping the F20 into it, i think that would be baddass with a blower on it too.
S2KCRick is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
killabee
Off-Topic
9
11-15-2008 11:16 AM
zeptrax
All Other Honda S2000 Related Discussions
0
10-11-2008 08:40 AM
Sqaure
Engine Tech / Drivetrain
5
10-01-2008 10:06 AM
rev9k
Engine Tech / Drivetrain
11
04-02-2008 10:44 AM
kakikayleen
Engine Tech / Drivetrain
7
06-11-2007 04:29 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FC20 swap to a VG30DETT?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.